American Elections

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Letterwritingman, Jan 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chris Hulme advocates voting for Barak Obalma because............he's Black and sort of given the history stuff.
  2. Chris Hulme who's he then?

3. Ah yes; after much research Chris Huhne; leave the page though, you'll never find him again.
  4. If I were American I'd vote Ron Paul but I'm a git.
  5. i dont know why there going on about it so much isent their election ages away like a year?
  6. McCain-Rudi DREAM TICKET!!!!
  7. Because they are currently voting on who will be the candiates for the Democratic and Republican parties, i.e. it will decide who they will be voting for as President/Vice President in November.

My guess Clinton/Obama vs Huckabee/Thompson. :lol:
  8. Might as well be Tom/Jerry vs Mickey/Minnie.

Noticed last night they were talking about who will run the best campaign due to how much cash they have. My reading of this is cash buys power so why don't we just put the job on EBay and save a few gazillion quid?

9. 2008: John McCain

2016: (Retired) General Petraeus
  10. If you read 'Freakonomics', it argues that the money actually goes to the candidate most likely to win, not the other way around.

11. Paypal only please and must have 99% rating or better. No time wasters. Postage free.
  12. If Barak Obama was voted in, I do worry how long it would be before the first assassination attempt. Especially since Democratic comparisons have been drawn between him and the Kennedys already.

As we know Kennedy was the first Catholic president and look at the outcome of that. Being the first Black President will come with all the risks that Kennedy had with being a first. I've read Security has already been stepped up tremendously around him.

The UK always feels any US troubles in a ripple effect across the pond. I'm watching this one with interest.
  13. How many of the American arrse users are sick of the election already? British politicians are loathsome enough, having barely evolved beyond the reptile stage, but UK elections don't last too long. A whole year of this would scare me...
  14. I agree I find it boring enough keeping up to speed on the politics of UK never mind another country.

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Tell me about it. My cable company no longer provide BBC world so I'm stuck with CNN for my English language news. Theres nothing else going on in the world except the US candidate election sh1te. It's mind numbingly dull.