American democracy in action...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Sep 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Unbelievable. This guy asks John Kerry some rather direct questions and the police wade in, watch for yourself. Clicky.

:oops: I really don't know what to say.
  2. Can't see the link thanks to the fun police but it's no different from the New Liarbour style of political debate methinks.
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Oh it's even worse, they take it to a whole new level and even tazer the bloke. 8O I expect to see these cops looking for a new job soon to pay their legal bills as the guy sues them.
  4. Here is the link to a video that shows him asking his questions so you can get some perspective.

5. Haven't seen the video, can't at the moment.

But is this not similar to the old man who was ushered out of the Labour Party Conf (IIRC) for not toeing the party line?

Admittedly the British didn't taser the guy.

In this instance it seems from what I have read a bit of a overkill. Unless the student threatened the cops. Is it normal over there to taser people before carting them off?

Tough questions in a US debate, don't require a taser as a retort surely?
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The You Tube vids give a better perspective but in simple terms he asked an awkward question or two and the cops dived in. He quite rightly protested and they go on to manhandle him out, tazering him at one point. Not Americas finest moment.
  7. interesting comment by one of the people on Youtube

I find it fascinating that they are insisting that everyone is entitled to democracy as a "god given right" but not if it involves uncomfortable questions
  8. I don't believe in democracy either...

... because you never get to vote on what to do.

This is the police report of the incident. Check out page 4.

Am now waiting for the old 'well, the police are going to lie aren't they?' :roll:

Seems to me the bloke's a complete fire engine and wanted to create a scene for whatever agenda he's chasing. Seen it so many times before at protests, where activists play up for the camera to show 'brutality' of police/security etc.
    You can hear the police warn him about being tased. Those that know the american plice know that they don't fck around! 'Down on the floor' means just that-get down on the floor!
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It also says at the bottom of page 3 that he was being lawfully detained for inciting a riot. He did nothing of the sort. It also lies about the question and answer session being over and Kerry not wanting to answer any more questions but if you watch some of the other vids on You Tube as the police get involved Kerry can be clearly seen and heard saying no please I will answer that.

Once the police confronted him and escalated the episode when they had no legal authority to do so it was obvious where it was going to end. If someone tries to arrest me for nothing I would probably have acted the same. This one is a police fcuk up plain and simple.

Oh and yes the police statement IS a lie, watch the vids for yourself and what is in that statement does not match what actually happened.
  11. The fact that the police did this probably reflects badly on Kerry more than anyone and as Ord_srg was saying he was trying to answer the question - The main problem with the bloke asking the questions is he was rambling, but surely they would be used to that in Politics
  12. The guy was a tool and deserved to be zapped.

1. He wasn't asking questions he was on a rant.

2. When he resisted the police they zapped him.

Lesson 1: Don't rant when asking simple questions and you may get an answer.

Lesson 2: Don't resist the police or you loose all credability.
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

14. IT_Guy, yup. You're on the mark.
  15. Its a democracy mate, he's entitled to his say (or at least thats the way I understand it)
    Wrongful arrest at best, the guy was absolutely right to protest at the actions of the Police
    More like a case of Balckshirts at their best.