American death toll reaches 2000 ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Oct 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's about the 1950 mark, averaging about two a day.

The intervention mag site is a more politically-motivated one, I wouldn't be surprised to find it rounds things off.

It shoud be added that the 1950 total is not just KIA to hostile fire, it also includes things like non-combat accidents and natural causes.

2. According to Iraq Coalition Casualties, the current US toll is 1996 dead and 15,220 wounded, overall coalition toll is 2195 dead.
  3. It is nice that the media feel it necessary to keep a running total for us. A daily reminder that this place can kill you certainly keeps me on my toes. It would be nice if they could maybe water it down a bit by including some good news in their fair, non-biased and non-political articles.

That said, the fact that people die during combat shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone. (even the tree-hugging Liberals)
    Lets get this bloody thing over with so we can all go home and get drunk and pass around our collection of STDs.