American death toll reaches 2000 ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Oct 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's about the 1950 mark, averaging about two a day.

The intervention mag site is a more politically-motivated one, I wouldn't be surprised to find it rounds things off.

It shoud be added that the 1950 total is not just KIA to hostile fire, it also includes things like non-combat accidents and natural causes.

NTM

2. According to Iraq Coalition Casualties, the current US toll is 1996 dead and 15,220 wounded, overall coalition toll is 2195 dead.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

3. It is nice that the media feel it necessary to keep a running total for us. A daily reminder that this place can kill you certainly keeps me on my toes. It would be nice if they could maybe water it down a bit by including some good news in their fair, non-biased and non-political articles.

That said, the fact that people die during combat shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone. (even the tree-hugging Liberals)
    Lets get this bloody thing over with so we can all go home and get drunk and pass around our collection of STDs.