American=commonwealth

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Logan89, Aug 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering if people think that americans should be able to join the British military in the same way that commonwealth citizens can. Im not trying to say that america is a commonwealth, these strange questions just pop into my head sometimes

2. mmmm, that is a strange question, like why do men have nipples??? Or if it is true that a daddy-long-legs has highly poisonous venom (suppososedly true, but they have no teeth) would you die if you ate 1???
    Hope this helps.

3. alrighty then

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I say let em in their still part of the commonwealth whether they bloody well like it or not! and if her Maj. said I want that bit over there back under my rule I think they damm well should have to capitulate.

5. Yeah in my opinion if a guy from canada can join then there is no reason why an american cant, I think that america is a close enough friend

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Friends whats that got to do with it? I don't believe the crown ever renounced its claim to that particular colony :wink:

7. I actually have no response for that....

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well thats no fun!

9. Erm Actually HM George III did renounce the claim in the treaty of Paris which was ratified by you chaps on April 9th, 1784.

Not that I would hold you to that. Your Monarch seems a thoroughly nice lady and I would be prepared to give you Barrack Obama, Joe Biden and John McCain if you would give us "Elizabeth, by the Grace of God...etc."

I should note, with no disrespect intended, that we would not want such an exchange to include Mr. Brown or Mr. Blair. If you wanted to throw in Prince Harry of Wales that would be OK as he seems to be a very nice young man.

10. Georgey probably didn't mean it though, so it likely doesn't count anyway. :roll:

That aside, you've tried to be sneaky working the old, "we'll swap our tossy politicians for HM and a nice Prince but decline to take your tossy politicians" ploy. 8O

Fiendishly clever, evil Yank. This cunning and your nations obvious penchant for invading other peoples places shows you lot never really left. :wink:

Now stop messing about and get a Crown back on your cap badge. You know you really want to. :) :) :)

11. Only real countries have a monarch. If you don´t then you are just playing at civilisation.

Look at the evience.

Russia - No monarch
    China - No monarch
    N Korea - No monarch
    Cuba - No monarch
    France - No monarch
    America......

12. By bold: Affraid your arguement falls over at Belgium.

13. George Bush met The Queen, and he turns round and says: "As I'm the President, I'm thinking of changing how the country is referred to, and I'm thinking that it should be a Kingdom."

The Queen replies "I'm sorry Mr. Bush, but to be a Kingdom, you have to have a King in charge - and you're not a King."

George Bush thought a while and then said: "How about a Principality then?"

To which the Queen replied "Again, to be a Principality you have to be a Prince - and you're not a Prince, Mr. Bush".

Bush thought long and hard and came up with "How about an Empire then?"

The Queen, getting a little annoyed by now, replies "Sorry again, Mr. Bush, but to be an Empire you must have an Emperor in charge - and you are not an Emperor."

Before George Bush could utter another word, the Queen said: "I think you're doing quite nicely as a Country."

15. No no thrice no :x These chaps would spend their evenings gum chewing and giving our local girls nylon stockings and such....this sort of behaviour cannot be tolerated in todays modern Army.