• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

American comedian:"australians are just english rednecks!"

Lets have a look a that in more detail:

The drive pickups - utes, check
They drink small beers - stubbies, check
They find females complicated - sheilas, check
They have relatives in prison - That'll be where the family tree started, check

No so much a joke as statement of fact.

Apparently that Alpha male and all round Nerd Kev the PM got the hump with what Williams said and angrily phoned up a radio talk show about it. God, I love tough politicians.

I thought Williams' take on Australia was hilarious. Can't understand why Kev and a few other 'shock jocks' on radio had a hissy fit about it, and now the Govenator of Alabama :lol:

Funniest thing I have heard in a long time :D

zazabell_012 said:
I thought Williams' take on Australia was hilarious. Can't understand why Kev and a few other 'shock jocks' on radio had a hissy fit about it, and now the Govenator of Alabama :lol:
That almost make sense: Alabama - Twinned with Australia, although I would have thought Arkansas was a slightly closer match by an extra chromosome or two.

JoeCivvie said:
zazabell_012 said:
That almost make sense: Alabama - Twinned with Australia, although I would have thought Arkansas was a slightly closer match by an extra chromosome or two.
This is starting to sound like Deliverance :lol: Now where did I put that banjo of mine? :p

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
DigitalGeek said:
What I really find ironic is I have stayed in barrack blocks older than the US.
Indeed. I once had several beers with a US Marine officer who was moaning about the betrayal of Clayton Lonetree and kept saying it had ruined 212 years of Marine Corps history. My sympathetic reply was 'Gosh, that is old, nearly as old as my parents house...'

I think it should be redneck Brits. Many Aussies I know are of celtic stock and would not wished to be thought of as English.

That's alright. You have to consider the source of the crack which was Robin Williams who is a definite nutter, make no mistake. :omg: His frenetic style of comedy never did appeal to my taste.
Mind you, there's something in what he says. Australia has the Bee Gees to answer for - a band who ushered in the horrifying period we now know as [shudder!] disco. :omfg:

Ruckerwocman said:
That's alright. You have to consider the source of the crack which was Robin Williams who is a definite nutter, make no mistake. :omg: His frenetic style of comedy never did appeal to my taste.
Mind you, there's something in what he says. Australia has the Bee Gees to answer for - a band who ushered in the horrifying period we now know as [shudder!] disco. :omfg:

I always understood that the Gibb brothers who became the Bee Gees came from the Isle of Man and migrated to Australia in the 50s as ten pound migrants, then made most of their money on the records sold in the USA and the UK, and here just one person bought one, and everybody else copied it on their tape recorder.

BuggerAll said:
DigitalGeek said:
What I really find ironic is I have stayed in barrack blocks older than the US.
Indeed. I once had several beers with a US Marine officer who was moaning about the betrayal of Clayton Lonetree and kept saying it had ruined 212 years of Marine Corps history. My sympathetic reply was 'Gosh, that is old, nearly as old as my parents house...'

I think it should be redneck Brits. Many Aussies I know are of celtic stock and would not wished to be thought of as English.
Ahhh yes but Oz did start off as a penal colony so that clearly explains the celtic thing and the inbreeding not to mention all those sheep.

In fact with all those sheep in mind, it wasn't so much a penal colony than sex tourism for Jocks.

Lampard said:
littlejim said:
Only in Queensland . . .
It's all the Queen's land ;)
Of course -- and if she ever decides to retire to an apartment on the Gold Coast where she can put her feet up and knock back a few bottles of decent plonk we'll be delighted to see her. She can even have a quiet wave from the balcony every day to the surfies lying on the beach in their budgie smugglers.

Seriously though, there's no connection at all between us and the Southern US. For a start, most Australians not only own passports, they even know where they are on a map of the world.

Was at the Toowoomba Show today Redneck heaven :lol: V8 Utes, akubra hats , checkshirts, jeans beards and badbreath and that was just the women 8)

I would have classed the 2 of them as british red necks, its just there has been enough inbreeding by the yanks that they have created their own super red necks :p

Latest Threads