American Beauty

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by crabby, May 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else been watching this? It's a brilliant film imho, so well plotted, directed, scripted and acted. However, disturbing. I reckon it's more disturbing than clockwork orange and other such greats. Thoughts? Like or dislike? (who can forget the girl in the bath of roses... clean underwear time...)
  2. Good film, brilliantly acted, but prone to descending into prententious arse at times.... (It's a ******* PLASTIC BAG, for ****'s sake!!!!).
  3. I saw in in company with a horde of Spams in Bosnia. They were very upset by it. Did not like it at all. They were also upset by Fight Club at about the same time, they just did not get it. No sense of adventure....
  4. I can remember that it upset the film critic of 'the Daily Mail' no end. He seemed to think it undermined Western(U.S.)values and threatened Capitalism! Wasn't there smear stories put out about a 'homosexual culture' at work denegrating 'decent, hard-working people'?
    Thought it a great Film myself, didn't it get an Oscar?
  5. Yes it did get an Oscar but I think it was for best actor for Kevin Spacey - a brilliant film, one of my favourites.