America we do have real beer...

D

Deleted 24582

Closing time in Ontario is at 2am, and the beer-goggle hookup is called a "2:30 dirty"
Going home at two with a ten, and waking up at ten with a two. But at least you had the excuse of alcohol! Shagging a wombat whilst sober was cause for alarm.

Here is another beer I would highly recommend, fantastic served cold in a sunny bier garten but over do it and it’s rivers of arrse gravy the next day!
View attachment 437019
Was going to call you a Brown Bottle walt, but can see you drink something else than the mild-mannered Barry Brown’s favourite tipple.
Damn right, a cold weissbier on a hot day cannot be whacked.
I had some Guinness in Chicago, it was goppin.:pukel:
Come over to GB, our Guinness is imported. If you stick a port in it, it could revive a corpse or two.

Was going to call you a Brown Bottle walt, but can see you drink something else than the mild-mannered Barry Brown’s favourite tipple.

Come over to GB, our Guinness is imported. If you stick a port in it, it could revive a corpse or two.

I had some Guinness in Chicago, it was goppin.:pukel:
I had some in Milwaukee once. Crap. Oddly enough, a chum of mine, a second generation Irish Fenian, lapped it up like mother's milk. He had been back to the Auld Sod and had sampled the Guinness in its homeland, and he said there wasn't that much difference in the two. Irishmen must have burnt out taste buds then. Even serving it warm didn't help.

Craft beer has exploded here. The generic brands that everybody thinks we drink are falling out of favour.
Yes, given craft beer has exploded big time. However, US brewers are still playing catch up the better euro breweries that have been around for 200 years. Let’s face it the better American brewers travel to Europe to learn their craft and not to Budweiser.

As for Pilsner, it is about the only beer I drink, when I do drink beer and you ain’t never had a real Pilsner until you have had one in the Czech Republic. Truly like an angel pissing on your tongue.

morsk

LE
You'd have got on well with my Grandma
me, grandmas and tramps drink cooking sherry. I bet she was a good old girl.

GB ?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
It is a cultural difference, but If you ever get shit service the tip is reflected. It is just an incentive to not suck at life.
Yes but if you under-tip in the US you usually get into a loud and highly embarrassing shouting match with all the staff from the establishment! Walk in and you become their best friends, under-tip and you risk getting shot. B*st*rds...

The majority of it is lager type stuff so needs to be cold. Although I agree, not that bloody cold.
Mind you, have you ever tried to drink some of the stuff when it's lost its Arctic temperature?
No wonder it's drunk that cold to take the God awful taste away. Shame as a lot their beer is quite strong compared to ours.
As my grandfather used to say Larger is for yanks and poofs

D

Deleted 24582

Yes but if you under-tip in the US you usually get into a loud and highly embarrassing shouting match with all the staff from the establishment! Walk in and you become their best friends, under-tip and you risk getting shot. B*st*rds...
No if the service has reached that point, I am having a chat with management. Then it improves in a remarkable fashion. But the folks my age tend to better servers then the young kids in their 20’s.

I just puked on my treadmill, you wanking sod!
Usually 'wank' as an insult is deployed at the end of the sentence as 'wanker'. Unlike fucking and fucker where both are used as an intensifier, wanking generally refers to just the act of having a wank.
eg. "You stupid wanker", not "You wanking idiot".

D

Deleted 24582

Usually '****' as an insult is deployed at the end of the sentence as '******'. Unlike ******* and ****** where both are used as an intensifier, wanking generally refers to just the act of having a ****.
eg. "You stupid ******", not "You wanking idiot".
I know, but it is hard to view the term “wanker” as a crass insult. It is more or a less a truth for the majority of the male population. Many an adventure has been had with the left! The man to hand relationship is a cherished thing.

Latest Threads