America wants access to Britons ID Card information

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by frenchperson, May 27, 2005.

?
  1. YES

5.6%
  2. NO

86.5%
  3. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR

7.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/story.jsp?story=641731

Here's a link to a story in today's Independent.

The US spokesperson equated the incompatibility problem with the differences between VHS and BETAMAX of the eighties. <IRONY ON>I'm so glad to see that it's simply that unthreatening and not another challenge to our civil liberties at all<IRONY OFF>

(thanks for that idea Goatman :D )

2. As a matter of principle I want to tell them to take a flying fcuk at a rolling donut, but from a pragmatic point of view, if it means I can past their idiot immigration people faster I'm all for it.

I swear the biggest weapon in their arsenal from deterring terrorists from entering the country is the fcuking huge queue they make you join and the 6 people in customs who look at the same piece of paper without doing anything. I imagine more than one has decided 'Fcuk this for a laugh, I'm going home.'

Cnuts.

3. So by removing that queue (thanks to the magic ID card of problem-solving), they'd be remoing their best defence against the nutters? Sounds like a good reason to make the cards as incompatible as possible. Besides, what's wrong with our passports?

By the sound of it they were talking as though ID cards being introduced over here was a foregone conclusion when it most definitely isn't (and shouldn't be). Did anyone bother to tell the Yanks this

4. Crabtastic,
    It's the Immigration Service who deal with, suprise suprise, immigration matters. Customs deal with.............Customs matters. And if the terrorist is incoming airside, pray tell how he's going to get home.
    Have you ever been to a UK Airport?

5. bog off yanks

6. Tell 'em it's fine as long as we get the same access to their records. Fat chance of that though, like the extradition treaties the Yanks demand everything yet offer nowt in return.

7. dont forget we british are no 1 and that is the way we want to keep it

8. This is wrong, it is wrong on so many levels.

We're being asked to surrender Sovereignty here.

Are the Americans going to do a reciprocal deal?

It's really gathering momentum isn't it , Bankers extradited to the States , under the 9/11 extradition catchall etc.

1984 is finally here.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

OK guys, I see your problem. Feck the Yanks attitude and 100% on that.

However you have missed the real point. WTF should we use the Yanks(Septics) chip so they can see our info. Let them use ours (if we had one) and we could 'share' our into with them. We are on the same side after all.

10. yup, we both take their incoming

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Nothing to do with that Sunshine - all to do with money and control.

12. Someone voted yes 8O

13. Yes, but there's always one numpty...probably the same one that voted yes to the kitchen knife ban poll this morning.

14. I missed that, did those banker get extadited?

15. What! Someone dared to dissent? Perhaps we should tag them. 8O

And no, it wasn't me.