America to stop funding the World Health Organisation

China knew in december and the WHO only raised the alert at the end of january, then pushed the panic button only after the death rate started to climb outside of china.... Trump is right to highlight both are complicit in something that some idiots want to pass over and hit trump.

22- 23 January 2020

The WHO Director- General convened an Emergency Committee (EC) under the International Health Regulations (IHR 2005) to assess whether the outbreak constituted a public health emergency of international concern. The independent members from around the world could not reach a consensus based on the evidence available at the time. They asked to be reconvened within 10 days after receiving more information.

30 January 2020

The WHO Director-General reconvened the Emergency Committee (EC). This was earlier than the 10-day period and only two days after the first reports of limited human-to-human transmission were reported outside China. This time, the EC reached consensus and advised the Director-General that the outbreak constituted a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). The Director-General accepted the recommendation and declared the novel coronavirus outbreak (2019-nCoV) a PHEIC. This is the 6th time WHO has declared a PHEIC since the International Health Regulations (IHR) came into force in 2005.

11 March 2020

Deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction, WHO made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic.

WHO Timeline - COVID-19

22- 23 January 2020

The WHO Director- General convened an Emergency Committee (EC) under the International Health Regulations (IHR 2005) to assess whether the outbreak constituted a public health emergency of international concern. The independent members from around the world could not reach a consensus based on the evidence available at the time. They asked to be reconvened within 10 days after receiving more information.

30 January 2020

The WHO Director-General reconvened the Emergency Committee (EC). This was earlier than the 10-day period and only two days after the first reports of limited human-to-human transmission were reported outside China. This time, the EC reached consensus and advised the Director-General that the outbreak constituted a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). The Director-General accepted the recommendation and declared the novel coronavirus outbreak (2019-nCoV) a PHEIC. This is the 6th time WHO has declared a PHEIC since the International Health Regulations (IHR) came into force in 2005.

11 March 2020

Deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction, WHO made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic.

WHO Timeline - COVID-19
The UK government had an active hand washing public information campaign in february, so nobody was taking covid for granted, but the severity definitiely caught ALL governments out, except taiwan..... I'm certain, that china knew very well how severe this virus was and WHO was complicit in ignoring evidence, that conflicted with its political decision making.

Those obsessed with kremlin info-ops, should consider the fact that the chinese were able to spin every government, except taiwan, into believing it had a handle on this crisis and that suggests strongly how far its tentacles have spread into our corridors of power and how far we have become afraid of stating the truth to power. The perfect example is the virus name, which is not geographic, because it might upset china.

Post wuhan Flu, i want to see china as upset as possible, or we've learned nothing.

The UK government had an active hand washing public information campaign in february, so nobody was taking covid for granted, but the severity definitiely caught ALL governments out, except taiwan..... I'm certain, that china knew very well how severe this virus was and WHO was complicit in ignoring evidence, that conflicted with its political decision making.

Those obsessed with kremlin info-ops, should consider the fact that the chinese were able to spin every government, except taiwan, into believing it had a handle on this crisis and that suggests strongly how far its tentacles have spread into our corridors of power and how far we have become afraid of stating the truth to power. The perfect example is the virus name, which is not geographic, because it might upset china.

Post wuhan Flu, i want to see china as upset as possible, or we've learned nothing.
I would imagine a backlash is brewing in your Parliament.

exsniffer

Old-Salt
Irrespective of why the Donald has stopped funding the WHO the question we should ask is does the organisation protect the worlds population from disease, Here are a few recent examples of it's behaviour.

Diverting funds from fighting Ebola to ship a partner out for a west African holiday

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...sed-of-using-ebola-cash-to-pay-for-girlfriend

Spending more on travel expenses that fighting diseases
Travel expenses
AP Exclusive: Health agency spends more on travel than AIDS

Cocking up the C19 controls to praise China's response i.e Chinese travel bans good everyone else's travel bans bad.
Trust WHO?

Given the evidence I suggest it does not so much need reform so much as cleansing with fire

Last edited:
Irrespective of why the Donald has stopped funding the WHO the question we should ask is does the organisation protect the worlds population from disease, Here are a few recent examples of it's behaviour.

Diverting funds from fighting Ebola to ship a partner out for a west African holiday

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...sed-of-using-ebola-cash-to-pay-for-girlfriend

Spending more on travel expenses that fighting diseases
Travel expenses
AP Exclusive: Health agency spends more on travel than AIDS

Cocking up the C19 controls to praise China's response i.e Chinese travel bans good everyone else's travel bans bad.
Trust WHO?

Given the evidence I suggest it does not so much need reform as much as cleansing with fire
I agree, many world organizations are in the same boat. When they no longer serve a viable purpose and instead focus on the bull$hit that nobody is concerned about, it is time to pull the funding. Trump is just voting with the taxpayers purse.

You have to wonder then why China has so much influence....
Possible reasons why the WHO /Tedros has become suspect. The director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO) is Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, is not a medical doctor though he does hold a Doctorate of Philosophy in Community Health from the University of Nottingham. He is a member of a Marxist-Leninist Ethiopian political party the Tigrayan People’s Liberation Front (TPLF).

As a member of the TPLF Tedros rose through Ethiopia’s regime as health (2005-2012) and foreign minister (2012-2016). When it came to power in 1991, TPLF did play a role in Ethiopia’s 1980s famine after launching its protracted rebellion against the military government in 1975. The party has also been reportedly linked to other gross human rights violations, and a party that analysts have listed as a perpetrator of terrorism.

China has supported Tedros’s rise to lead the WHO in 2017, even though not trained as a medical doctor because Tedros had directly helped arrange Ethiopia’s loans of billions from China. Reportedly more than $13 billion during Tedros’ tenure as foreign minister between 2012 and 2016.

Tedros was responsible for naming the late African dictator Robert Mugabe a WHO ‘goodwill ambassador’ in October 2017 to head the combat of non-communicable diseases in Africa, provoking outrage from medical professionals and human rights groups.

Tedros has also helped Beijing hide the severity of the Chinese Coronavirus outbreak. On January 14, months after health officials are believed to have detected the first case of the virus in China on November 17 of last year, the WHO was promoting a Chinese claim that there was “no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.”

Whist there is much truth in what you say, hatred of the Donald is not just because of his nationalist platform. Looked at objectively, he comes across to many as rather unpleasant; he is seen throughout much of the world as a sneering braggart, verbally incontinent and seemingly unable to put together a correct sentence. There's obviously much more to the man than that - he's an experienced businessman, and morons don't make it to President, but that is the image he projects. However, in the US he appears to be seen differently by a significant portion of the electorate. Of course, the US left are even more critical of Trump.
I can't stand the man, however I find it amusing that he has the left and the media frothing at the mouth when he gives them back the same $h!t they give him.

From the point of view of the two camps currently screaming at each other (left/right, Democrat/Republican, Labour, "new" liberal etc etc, call them what you will), I very much get the feeling that anything goes. The truth, ideas about free speech, equality before the law, freedom of religion, freedom from religion ... they are all just inconveniences to getting the job done and leaving nothing but scorched earth behind for us middle of the road normal people.
Fair enough mate, again though in your view how far does "doing whatever it takes to win the war" go.

Fair enough mate, again though in your view how far does "doing whatever it takes to win the war" go.
Personally? Truth matters, not deliberately telling lies, not distorting the truth. Not assuming that just because the other person disagrees with me they are evil/immoral/part of a global conspiracy. Not jumping on one thing somebody said out of context simply because I think it'll help me at that particular moment when I know full well that it's probably not what they really meant.

I'm sure there's more, but that probably covers most of it.

4(T)

LE
I agree, many world organizations are in the same boat. When they no longer serve a viable purpose and instead focus on the bull$hit that nobody is concerned about, it is time to pull the funding. Trump is just voting with the taxpayers purse.

The main over-arching purpose of the UN and other world organisations was to force totalitarian and undemocratic countries - and principally the Soviet Union, back in the day - to engage in dialogue and to adhere to a basic set of civilised behaviours and rules.

This is why western countries have put up with the corruption and ineptitude for so long, and why the US in particular has gritted its teeth and continued to be the principle funder for most of the organisations.

The WHO travails are nothing new. Even when my father was working for the UN, ILO and other organisations in the 60s-80s, a major funding problem was that the soviet union and most other countries were paying their subs in toilet paper currencies, yet drawing their salaries in USD - courtesy of US. This left most of the agencies underfunded and requiring bailout - by the west.

The afore-mentioned projects were often a joke because of the national quota system used by the UN and other agencies. Essentially you'd get one or two effectives who were North Americans or North Europeans, and then the remainder of a staff who were multinational but useless (fake qualifications, job handed out on patronage, spies, etc).

Nowadays things are lot more sinister - with totalitarian states having taken over the ship's wheel through a process of securing majority influence with their client states' votes.

The big question now is whether the game is over or not, the "game" being US and the shrinking band of western democracies trying to maintain a law-abiding world community. With the unrelenting malevolence of Russia and the stupendous rise of China, it does seem that "western civilisation" is fading away, to be replaced by a new era of global tyrannies.

US seems to be preparing for an inevitable military conflict with China so, against that backdrop and the crumbling away of European cultural identity and moral conviction, one wonders whether there is any point in prolonging the sham of international "community" and the USD that props it up?

So far Nobody has managed to say thanks to America for all the previous hundreds of millions of $$$.
History repeats.
Thanks.
Have the Iraqis and Afghans thanked you enough yet?

You have to wonder then why China has so much influence....
And let's not forget that before Tedros, the current boss of the WHO there was Margaret Chan from Hong Kong:

She was coming in for flak way back when she was still in Hong Kong:

Another storm hit in 2003, when an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) from mainland China killed 800 people worldwide, nearly a third of them in Hong Kong. The following year, lawmakers in Hong Kong slammed Chan for not pressing the Chinese government sufficiently hard to share reliable information and for not acting swiftly enough to contain the outbreak.

Chan confessed there had been a 12-day delay in adding SARS to the list of diseases for which people could be forced into quarantine because her boss, the health minister, was opposed to using a name coined by the WHO. It sounded too much like the acronym for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).

See I'm not finding anything to support the part in bold. Quite the opposite actually. I'm not saying WHO are great in any way, just that I'm trying to find evidence of a lot of the finger pointing against WHO ref this particular virus, and haven't found it. Tawain behaved AS IF the virus was able to spread from Human to Human, before that was confirmed. They were cautious and some would say clever. We and many others were not. Seems to me we farmed out responsibility to WHO then didn't bother listening to what they said. Now we blame WHO.

14 January 2020

WHO's technical lead for the response noted in a press briefing there may have been limited human-to-human transmission of the coronavirus (in the 41 confirmed cases), mainly through family members, and that there was a risk of a possible wider outbreak. The lead also said that human-to-human transmission would not be surprising given our experience with SARS, MERS and other respiratory pathogens.

WHO Timeline - COVID-19

The main over-arching purpose of the UN and other world organisations was to force totalitarian and undemocratic countries - and principally the Soviet Union, back in the day - to engage in dialogue and to adhere to a basic set of civilised behaviours and rules.

This is why western countries have put up with the corruption and ineptitude for so long, and why the US in particular has gritted its teeth and continued to be the principle funder for most of the organisations.

The WHO travails are nothing new. Even when my father was working for the UN, ILO and other organisations in the 60s-80s, a major funding problem was that the soviet union and most other countries were paying their subs in toilet paper currencies, yet drawing their salaries in USD - courtesy of US. This left most of the agencies underfunded and requiring bailout - by the west.

The afore-mentioned projects were often a joke because of the national quota system used by the UN and other agencies. Essentially you'd get one or two effectives who were North Americans or North Europeans, and then the remainder of a staff who were multinational but useless (fake qualifications, job handed out on patronage, spies, etc).

Nowadays things are lot more sinister - with totalitarian states having taken over the ship's wheel through a process of securing majority influence with their client states' votes.

The big question now is whether the game is over or not, the "game" being US and the shrinking band of western democracies trying to maintain a law-abiding world community. With the unrelenting malevolence of Russia and the stupendous rise of China, it does seem that "western civilisation" is fading away, to be replaced by a new era of global tyrannies.

US seems to be preparing for an inevitable military conflict with China so, against that backdrop and the crumbling away of European cultural identity and moral conviction, one wonders whether there is any point in prolonging the sham of international "community" and the USD that props it up?
I honestly think that the US is preparing to abandon much of Western Europe, as they no longer have much in common with us anymore. The plan to reopen our economy is damn near Fortress America.

Latest Threads