AMERICA - LAND OF THE FREE

Well not that free.

1. Right to free speech.
2. Right of free assembly.

3. Right in the face with a cs grenade or a pepper spray.

Mind what would the UK press do seeing a UK squaddy tooled up like him on the streets?

still21inmymind said:
Is this New Orleans?
I think it's outside the Republican convention site....St Paul or Minniapolis I think.

GINandSHEARS said:
what sparked that iff then? and is it just me or does that guy have POLICE printed across the front of his armour?
Yeah he does, there are some more pic's of him on milphotos, he is very tooled up.... 8O

Mixed emotions on this looking at this. Student wasters need to get a grip, its only CS FFS.

But WTF is that copper on? More importantly where does he think he is? Iraq or Afghan..... :roll:

That said I do wish he would put some rounds in to the students with the gang like scarfs affairs.

Edited too add - Blackhawk must love him.

Yanks just don't seem to do measured response :)

Really, my heart bleeds, a load of commie students got a pasting, boo-hoo, hope it hurt...

old_bloke said:
Well not that free.

1. Right to free speech.
To speak not a right to be heard.

old_bloke said:
Within limits, if that assembly casues a disturbance it can be squelched. Such as causing a situation where others can not freely move and conduct daily business, because streets are obstructed by those assembling.

old_bloke said:
Seen far worse during May Day riots in the 80's in Berlin.

old_bloke said:
Mind what would the UK press do seeing a UK squaddy tooled up like him on the streets?
Would be a special response unit from the local yokel plod.

old_bloke said:

mmm... seem to remember some soliders on the streets of the UK dressed like that, firing CS gas, rubber bullets and occasionally the 7.62/5.56 kind.

Op Banner, anyone?

In order to add some balance you should youtube G8 summit and you'll see UK plod giving some grotty student types a good pasting, albeit with fists and truncheons.

Mr_Deputy said:
frenchie said:
In order to add some balance you should youtube G8 summit and you'll see UK plod giving some grotty student types a good pasting, albeit with fists and truncheons.
eh?

did as you instructed....got this.....not British tho....
:D :D

Very good. G8 Edinburgh would be a good start. Can't do it myself as connection is shiite and I can't be arrsed to wait.

Surely the police would only use Cs if the dark grotty ones started to throw things... and if you throw things and a bloke tooled up like that you deserve everything you get in my book!

old_bloke said:
Well not that free.

1. Right to free speech.

I note that you cunningly failed to mention that between 8 and 10 thousand peaceful protestors managed to exercise their right to free speech and to assembly quite happily with no interference from the Police at all. It was only the people who turned up looking for trouble (and were not even involved in the main demonstration) that got it.

Which is the most interesting difference between here and the UK. The attitude there is that they broke the law and attacked officers therefore they deserve everything they got. Similar use of force against more violent offenders in the UK normally has people squeeking about Police brutality. It would be very refreshing to see a similar attitude here, you turn up looking for trouble and the Police can mallet you, f*ck your human rights.

Erm, clearly you haven't youtubed G8 Edinburgh. Makes for good viewing if you like seeing tree hugger type people getting a good shoeing.

frenchie said:
Erm, clearly you haven't youtubed G8 Edinburgh. Makes for good viewing if you like seeing tree hugger type people getting a good shoeing.
and the Police got pannelled for it by various HR organisations as well as attempts to take officers to court

They have a police FORCE/or law ENFORCEMENT agency, which many respondents on this site claim to want here in the uk. In essence it has been said that you get the police service/enforcement agency you deserve. In this country we don't expect our police to be rude, let alone stand up to anarchists.

I wish we could be as equally robust......but in the current letigious society, you might as well let them cause as much damage/public disorder as they would like.

frenchie said:
I always enjoyed watching the May Day riots in West Belrin during the 80's. The Polizei tactics were great.

Trouble usually broke out on the Ku-Damm, and ended in Kruezberg were most of the boneheads lived. The Polizei funneled them towards Kruezberg by blocking off all side streets and preventing an aboutface. They were then trapped on the Oranienberger Strasse with no way out. The Polizei would then fill the streets with CS and run their water cannon up and down the street squirting the unwashed off their feet with a phalanx of shield and stick carrying riot coppers marching behind the water cannon cracking skulls.

LEGZ30 said:
old_bloke said:
Well not that free.

1. Right to free speech.

I note that you cunningly failed to mention that between 8 and 10 thousand peaceful protestors managed to exercise their right to free speech and to assembly quite happily with no interference from the Police at all. It was only the people who turned up looking for trouble (and were not even involved in the main demonstration) that got it.

Which is the most interesting difference between here and the UK. The attitude there is that they broke the law and attacked officers therefore they deserve everything they got. Similar use of force against more violent offenders in the UK normally has people squeeking about Police brutality. It would be very refreshing to see a similar attitude here, you turn up looking for trouble and the Police can mallet you, f*ck your human rights.

How do you judge the ones looking for trouble?? I have been on many protests and been thrown around by the police, forced to block a main round because police forced people into a protest and then stopped them in the main road during rush hour, which nobody had wanted. I have seen many a peaceful protester thrown around and hit and I have also seen the police go out of their way to cause trouble.

You want to see this kid of policing? Give it a few years and it will be a lot worse. You'll then be sat there whining that the police don't allow people to go about their lawful business.

Enjoy living in your police state.

not exactly sure why the guardsman/copper had the m4 and a dozen mags with him ?
theres always a few idiots fancy a ruck with the police on these demos pity really as they let the press print dramatic photos.
rather than the fact that 10 thousand spams and not a few that served think the chimps an idiot :D

In this country despite its pretty high level of HR legislation, you can turn up NOT looking for trouble and get malleted by the polis.