America - its all a bit odd...

News reports mention that he was a regular at the store and was thought to have mental health issues.
Yep, they probably should have locked him up sooner then for his own good and that of the person he just murdered, and the others he maimed.

Yep, they probably should have locked him up sooner then for his own good and that of the person he just murdered, and the others he maimed.
Mental health care in the US is a real mess. It is estimated that 25% of jail inmates display at least one symptom of a psychotic disorder, and there is very rarely any treatment options.

Wouldn't it also have been true to write:
A guy shooting someone over something stupid - hmmmm, that's new!

In an English language sense, yes, since all “black guys” are in the group “guys”.

From a perspective of understanding who is more likely to shoot someone, not so much.

Just under half the total murders every year are committed by blacks. Whites account for a similar number, just under half. The balance is Asians, Indians etc, but only 5-10% or so. So blacks and whites, as ethnic groups are broadly equal in numbers of murders committed. The FBI publish annual stats on this, and it varies by year slightly. Example:

However, blacks account for 13% of the population, while whites account for 60% of the population. Blacks are therefore between 3x and 4x more murderous on a per-capita basis than other races.

This is an example of how stats can distort a view, however. Nearly all of the black murders will be in city areas, and indeed in the black areas of those cities. Where I live, there are almost no blacks at all. Nearly every murder, of which there are thankfully very few, will be committed by whites. So our ethnic murder rate will be almost 100% white offenders.

This map shows the distortion somewhat. Half the population (all races) of the US lives in the marked counties.

Dn6bPIHfeZmh4QqOup6SJCyAgPxUi3257liUDqJXnFk.png

That’s for an area the size of Australia, or all of Western Europe.

In today's 'will anyone be surprised' shock news....

Associated Press investigation finds military weapons vanish, appear on streets.

Military pistols, machine guns, assault rifles, armor-piercing grenades were lost or stolen.
At least 1,900 U.S. military firearms were lost or stolen during the 2010s, with some resurfacing in violent crimes, an Associated Press investigation has found.

Because some armed services have suppressed the release of basic information, AP’s total is a certain undercount.

Government records covering the Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force show pistols, machine guns, shotguns and automatic assault rifles have vanished from armories, supply warehouses, Navy warships, firing ranges and other places where they were used, stored or transported. These weapons of war disappeared because of unlocked doors, sleeping troops, a surveillance system that didn’t record, break-ins and other security lapses that, until now, have not been publicly reported.

While AP’s focus was firearms, military explosives also were lost or stolen, including armor-piercing grenades that went missing while being transported from Blount Island, the U.S. Marine Corps depot in Jacksonville, to Letterkenny Army Depot in Pennsylvania. They were found in an Atlanta backyard eight months later.

Weapon theft or loss spanned the military’s global footprint, touching installations from coast to coast, as well as overseas. In Afghanistan, someone cut the padlock on an Army container and stole 65 Beretta M9s. The theft went undetected for at least two weeks, when empty pistol boxes were discovered in the compound. The weapons were not recovered.

Even elite units are not immune. A former member of a Marines special operations unit was busted with two stolen guns. A Navy SEAL lost his pistol during a fight in a restaurant in Lebanon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Full Link
Seems like this has been going on since Custer and his merry men gave the Indians their own weapons.

A Navy SEAL lost his pistol during a fight in a restaurant in Lebanon.

And I'll bet that's the city in Pennsylvania, not the country in the Middle East.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I came across a new(to me) phrase today, so a cultural question for anyone who knows please?

What the deuce is a ' Blue-Dog Democrat' ? :scratch:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ah........non-Antifa Lefties? Simples, ta.

In an English language sense, yes, since all “black guys” are in the group “guys”.

From a perspective of understanding who is more likely to shoot someone, not so much.

Just under half the total murders every year are committed by blacks. Whites account for a similar number, just under half. The balance is Asians, Indians etc, but only 5-10% or so. So blacks and whites, as ethnic groups are broadly equal in numbers of murders committed. The FBI publish annual stats on this, and it varies by year slightly. Example:

However, blacks account for 13% of the population, while whites account for 60% of the population. Blacks are therefore between 3x and 4x more murderous on a per-capita basis than other races.

This is an example of how stats can distort a view, however. Nearly all of the black murders will be in city areas, and indeed in the black areas of those cities. Where I live, there are almost no blacks at all. Nearly every murder, of which there are thankfully very few, will be committed by whites. So our ethnic murder rate will be almost 100% white offenders.

This map shows the distortion somewhat. Half the population (all races) of the US lives in the marked counties.

Dn6bPIHfeZmh4QqOup6SJCyAgPxUi3257liUDqJXnFk.png

That’s for an area the size of Australia, or all of Western Europe.

Thanks, I do appreciate the point and was aware of some of the issues. I guess in amongst the stats there’s much to chew on for some researchers and social policy nerds.

Wouldn't it also have been true to write: A guy shooting someone over something stupid - hmmmm, that's new!
Yes, however if a white cop had shot a black man, that would be all over the news and skin colour would have been reported - probably there would be riots or something like that.

You can't be selective with the news when it doesn't suit the narrative - I am merely reporting that the shooter was black, which is not unusual since blacks are more likely percentage wise to go an murder someone per-capita.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I spent 12 years working in Central London.....I grew up 20 miles Norf of Bow Bells......I have never, in my life, heard a Londoner let alone a Cockney refer to a US citizen as a septic tank. Whatevs.

I spent 12 years working in Central London.....I grew up 20 miles Norf of Bow Bells......I have never, in my life, heard a Londoner let alone a Cockney refer to a US citizen as a septic tank. Whatevs.
You wouldn't have. it was coined by squadies, and the phrase " Bloody septics, comin over ear, wiv their fancy uniforms....." The locals call them yanks, . I was brought up from week 2 in E5, then N16 for my first 21 years, and returning to the UK from BAOR in E11, in total 33 years in that there london.

As fer 20 miles norf of lundon, you wouldn't have, no true cockneys norf of ov the kingsland waste, Guv! ;)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
N16....jeez......must be Yid Army then :)

Nah...Gooner born and bred !

Last edited:

Latest Threads