America - its all a bit odd...

Read up and see the logic I rely on.
The trade name “Zyklon-B” has been whipped up to generate a greater emotional response about the use of hydrogen cyanide as a means of execution.
The usual method used in lethal gas states was to drop a package of potassium cyanide capsules into a tray of sulphuric acid underneath the restraining chair inside the gas chamber. The reaction includes the production of HCN.

Zyklon-B is a compound which produces HCN on contact with the air and water.

HCN is a chemical which has many useful and peaceful uses, but it has been weaponised, as soldiers of most nations with an NBRC defence capability will be aware - remember the “smell of almonds” warning being taught ? As a battlefield agent it is of limited use because it is very non-persistent. It is present in tobacco smoke too.

The trade name “Zyklon-B” has been whipped up to generate a greater emotional response about the use of hydrogen cyanide as a means of execution.
The usual method used in lethal gas states was to drop a package of potassium cyanide capsules into a tray of sulphuric acid underneath the restraining chair inside the gas chamber. The reaction includes the production of HCN.

HCN is a chemical which has many useful and peaceful uses, but it has been weaponised, as soldiers of most nations with an NBRC defence capability will be aware - remember the “smell of almonds” warning being taught ? As a battlefield agent it is of limited use because it is very non-persistent. It is present in tobacco smoke too.
But that is the problem, emotions are at play for some people. Using the term "Zyklon-B" is proof enough. Even though hydrogen cyanide was used in WW1. It is like anything else a product that provides an outcome that is no different then using a 9mm pistol.

But I also suspect that one poster is hard left, and has a deep seated dislike of the "hard right".
The Gas chamber has been used in over 600 executions in the US since it was introduced in 1921, well predating the Holocaust. But as I have mentioned before instead of arguing the merits of the method itself. Once we get so woke and grasp at straws the argument is moot, because trying to compare those tangents is a stretch by any reasonable standard.

Last edited:

What a really excellent point - thank you, genuinely.

For the reasons I stated above, I would urge that the use of Zyklon-B or substances strikingly similar to it ("I can't believe it is not Zyklon-B", for example) are not used for the reasons I have argued at length on the thread.

And thanks for actually engaging with me, rather than telling me to go do yard work, asking if I drive a VW, or am trying to more generally undermine the death penalty.

Summer is here! Football and cheer camps have started.
4C93F605-0BB2-4BA2-8CF8-610B7FD54F02.jpeg
FFE2771A-2270-4B99-96A8-E2A8C613F9D0.jpeg

4A37E0C8-1F5B-4679-A4AE-EAB09B591C77.jpeg
C0A0FBFB-AEF6-4B23-9648-52562EAB5EA1.jpeg

Last edited:

Fr SpodoKomodo

Old-Salt
Sleepy Donalds homehelp nurse is getting the sack

Fr SpodoKomodo

Old-Salt
from reddit -

Texas AG Says Trump Would've 'Lost' State If It Hadn't Blocked Mail-in Ballots Applications Being Sent Out

"If we'd lost Harris County—Trump won by 620,000 votes in Texas. Harris County mail-in ballots that they wanted to send out were 2.5 million, those were all illegal and we were able to stop every one of them," Paxton told former Trump adviser Steve Bannon during the latter's War Room podcast on Friday.

He’s claiming that Harris County wanted to send out a mail ballot to every registered voter, which would be illegal, and he stopped it from happening.

Harris County wanted to send an application for a mail-in ballot to every registered voter, and Paxton blocked it, knowing it would favor Republican voter turnout by suppressing a constituency that would be heavily Democratic voters.

The irony of Ken Paxton telling this to Steve Bannon might be lost on some, but they are both literally criminals.

I was listening to a podcast ("Brought to you by") the other day about the "Waffle House Index".

Apparently, in some of the states that are frequently hit by extreme weather, FEMA use this index (in an informal manner at least) to gauge how bad a storm is, and how fast an area is recovering.

The explanation is that Waffle Houses have very good disaster plannjng/contingency preparations and they will stay open until the last safe moment to feed the community. On the other side, they will open as soon as possible, with backup generators and their own potable water supplies.

FEMA then use the information to see how the storm is tracking. Really interesting podcast, if anyone has 40 minutes spare:

Link in the article:

Also - loads of the "brought to you by" podcasts are really good .

Along with hundreds of other parents...
Have you gone through the camera panic there yet? A good few years ago now gymnastics (and possibly other sports) had a period where if you wanted to use a camera at an event you had to pre-register and collect a name tag. It lasted a year or two before sanity resumed (a wrong-un at an event gets spotted by parents quite quickly).

Have you gone through the camera panic there yet? A good few years ago now gymnastics (and possibly other sports) had a period where if you wanted to use a camera at an event you had to pre-register and collect a name tag. It lasted a year or two before sanity resumed (a wrong-un at an event gets spotted by parents quite quickly).
Nope, we have not had that issue.

The High Schools run these camps to generate revenue and get their hooks in future athletes. My daughter and Neice were at the cheer camp and my nephew was at the football camp. If parents can’t attend and film the final performance and scrimmage games, they would be a bit annoyed.

We have a sex offender registry that the public can view. In a smaller city those sorts of folks tend to be easier to monitor.

Nope, we have not had that issue.

The High Schools run these camps to generate revenue and get their hooks in future athletes. My daughter and Neice were at the cheer camp and my nephew was at the football camp. If parents can’t attend and film the final performance and scrimmage games, they would be a bit annoyed.

We have a sex offender registry that the public can view. In a smaller city those sorts of folks tend to be easier to monitor.
A register only lists those who have been caught though. Almost a false sense of security.

As I said it didn't last long as a policy, too much administration, annoyed parents, and it's self policing anyway.

A register only lists those who have been caught though. Almost a false sense of security.

As I said it didn't last long as a policy, too much administration, annoyed parents, and it's self policing anyway.
Yes, you are correct about the already being caught part. You are also correct about parents being on the look out for people with ulterior motives.

Latest Threads