America - its all a bit odd...

Yes I am! Are you? At least I have some experience of dealing with unhinged people and what they might possibly do or are capable of doing. Do you have any experience of the same?

I have. And one thing for certain is the unhinged are capable of anything and nothing. No two are the same just like "normal" people.

Nazi science has also saved lives in the North Sea. The development of immersion suits is based on research into extreme hypothermia carried out in the concentration camps. Many died there but does that mean we throw away the research and knowledge?

There's an excellent treatment of the subject here.

I would imagine that similar debates were had about the anctics of the Japanese "Medical" Unit 731.

Those of a certain age may remember Garry Gilmore's Eyes?

The moral dimesion is the societal good from a bad thing.

However, the comparison to Nazi science fails I suggest for the simple reason that Arizona is using Zyklon-B to take life not save it. If anyone wishes to say the death penalty saves lives; that's is a separate argument. Feed them to a tiger for all I care. I have not sought to refute the death penalty.

My point is that using a weapon of war crime (for that is what Zyklon-B is) to carry it out is (I suggeset) immoral in itself. I haven't for example said you cannot use the guillotine (which Nazi Germany used in the civil "justice" system to execute Sophie Scholl and the others of the White Rose).

Zyklon-B is uniquely and inimically evil, tied to the Holocaust and should be consigned to the dustbin of history.

I fail to understand how people of good intent can disagree on this point.

EddieVDog

Clanker
Biden offers beer for jabs.

'Brewer Anheuser-Busch announced on Wednesday that it is teaming up with the White House to offer its 'biggest beer giveaway ever' if 70 percent of American adults have had at least one vaccine by July 4.

'Biden is announcing a 'month of action' Wednesday to get more shots into arms before the July 4 holiday - which he has previously hoped would be the celebration of the 'independence from COVID'.'

Meanwhile, in West Virginia ...

'West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice announced new COVID-19 vaccine incentives on Tuesday, including a $1.5 million cash prize, custom-outfitted trucks, and custom hunting rifles and shotguns, according to Forbes.

'Weekly lotteries will take place from June 20 to Aug. 4, with a drawing for five custom hunting rifles and five custom shotguns taking place on June 20 for Father’s Day and the state’s birthday. Any West Virginian who has received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose will be eligible to register.'

what sort of deadly pandemic needs millions of dollars of incentives for you to protect yourself from it?

offog

LE
what sort of deadly pandemic needs millions of dollars of incentives for you to protect yourself from it?
The one that you are told does not exist or will be gone by the time hot weather arrives. If you get your information from twitter or face book you will believe total rubbish as fact.

EddieVDog

Clanker
The one that you are told does not exist or will be gone by the time hot weather arrives. If you get your information from twitter or face book you will believe total rubbish as fact.
one could equally argue that if a person gets their information from the MSM they will equally believe total rubbish as fact......

WALT

LE
Zyklon-B is uniquely and inimically evil, tied to the Holocaust and should be consigned to the dustbin of history.

That's a bit of an overreaction in my opinion. How can a substance be evil? It has no morals.
If I recall correctly, it was designed as a delouser in WW1 and as such was designed to help not harm.
The Nazis, without doubt, misused it, but the same could be said about cars, motorways, rockets, assault rifles, etc.

I'll leave it there, before this turns into "what did the Nazis ever do for us?"

That's a bit of an overreaction in my opinion. How can a substance be evil? It has no morals.
If I recall correctly, it was designed as a delouser in WW1 and as such was designed to help not harm.
The Nazis, without doubt, misused it, but the same could be said about cars, motorways, rockets, assault rifles, etc.

I'll leave it there, before this turns into "what did the Nazis ever do for us?"

It all started with a Jew

Some people just get a little hysterical over anything connected to the Nazis.

This started with Arizona.

;)

I'm just reading that the Nazis started the torch relay for the Olympics.

Cancel the Olympics now!!!!!

I'm just reading that the Nazis started the torch relay for the Olympics.

Cancel the Olympics now!!!!!

Read up a bit and check the logic about relying on Nazi science I put up the thread, covering societal benefit from harmful events.

Either that or pack your Straw Man a bit more.

Read up a bit and check the logic about relying on Nazi science I put up the thread, covering societal benefit from harmful events.

Either that or pack your Straw Man a bit more.

What difference does it make them "relying on Nazi science"?

How does that affect the world?

Methadone was created in Nazi Germany, time to ban it as well

Anyone ever used a jerry can?

You Nazi bastards.

What difference does it make them "relying on Nazi science"?

How does that affect the world?

Methadone was created in Nazi Germany, time to ban it as well

Read up and see the logic I rely on.

Latest Threads