America - its all a bit odd...

endure

GCM
Can someone explain the rationale of making all your currency bills the same size and colour?

There were a few of them knocking around years back, designed by the 9/11 conspiracy loons. They aren't worth anything. As long as they aren't the same size as legal currency then it isn't illegal to make and print them out.
Wot Sam said. I've got to admit, this is one I've never seen before, but it has all the earmarks of a note issued by 9-11 conspiracy loonies. Not worth anything, except as a curiosity.

Can someone explain the rationale of making all your currency bills the same size and colour?

When US dollars were first printed, the idea that they should be different sizes and colors simply didn't exist, it was cheaper to print them all on the same paper.

These days the bills are still the same size but different colours although different textures of paper are used for each denomination.

Thinking about it and googling it I see that Canadian bills are all the same size as well making Canada and the US the only two countries that do that.

main-qimg-80ce0481e711987100cd613122992e36.jpg

Last edited:
When US dollars were first printed, the idea that they should be different sizes and colors simply didn't exist, it was cheaper to print them all on the same paper.

These days the bills are still the same size but different colours although different textures of paper are used for each denomination.

Thinking about it and googling it I see that Canadian bills are all the same size as well making Canada and the US the only two countries that do that.

View attachment 571482
This difference in colour for notes is a fairly new thing though, isn't it? I have quite a bit of US currency and, although nothing over a 50, they are all the same colour and size.
A few of the later ones show a different colour but these changes in colour have, I think, only been introduced this century.

I do remember back in New Orleans (or Norleens) in the 80s and a mate of mine thought he'd given a 5 dollar bill when he'd actually given a 50. The barmaid did tell him to be careful as all notes looked the same and you have to carefully check the numbers.

The most useful thing to forgers is that the notes can be partially bleached and overprinted with a higher value. This keeps the paper quality, watermarks and complexity of most of the printing.

This difference in colour for notes is a fairly new thing though, isn't it? I have quite a bit of US currency and, although nothing over a 50, they are all the same colour and size.
A few of the later ones show a different colour but these changes in colour have, I think, only been introduced this century.

I do remember back in New Orleans (or Norleens) in the 80s and a mate of mine thought he'd given a 5 dollar bill when he'd actually given a 50. The barmaid did tell him to be careful as all notes looked the same and you have to carefully check the numbers.

Yeah it is a recent thing, IIRC it was the back end of the 1990's when I saw the first new coloured notes.

First of all an apology for thread drift but given the number of our colonial cousins on this thread I hope I’ll get some answers.

I found this “dollar bill” in my wife’s late brother’s effects when we were sorting them out. It was sandwiched in the pages of a book and is in pristine condition. I am curious to find out it’s origins - I have of course asked Mr Google and there have seen similar note but none with 9/11 as the denomination.
I’m not interested in its value. Not at all, nope, no siree Bob.
View attachment 571455View attachment 571456
Bush 43 hater loons made by 911 truther scum

one example

Global research.ca- Holocaust denier site

This is a photo of a Racist Bison.

View attachment 571551
That's a White Buffalo; very good ju-ju among the native peoples. Some enterprising palefaes used the white buffalo symbol in the 19th C. as their advertising sign for their tavern to denote that this was an honest establishment where the drinks were not watered, the cards were not marked, and the whores were all unblemished. This was in actuality rarely the case. We natives could see it and gave it a wide berth. We left it to the Irish navvies on the railroad gang and the cowboys off the range to use as their fight clubs to punch shite out of each other. US Marshals kept order south of the border; north of the border it was SGT Preston and his gang of the NWMP.

John-Wayne-Rooster-Cogburn.jpg
Sergeant_Preston_Of_The_Yukon_730x730.jpg

When their money was all the same colour, some American cash register tellers would take advantage of foreigners by passing them lower denomination bills than expected as change, counting on it not being noticed. This was a known problem particularly at gas stations near the Canadian border.

This was a known problem particularly at gas stations near the Canadian border.

The Canadians used to get their change in wampums, they always seemed happy enough with it.

There were a few of them knocking around years back, designed by the 9/11 conspiracy loons. They aren't worth anything. As long as they aren't the same size as legal currency then it isn't illegal to make and print them out.
Here's one that was current in the 2016 Presidential campaign. It features President $$ (44) instead of George Washington. Not legal tender of course, but satisfying in a certain way.
Defaced money.JPG

or simply realize Lincolns on he 5 and Grant on he 50

The most useful thing to forgers is that the notes can be partially bleached and overprinted with a higher value. This keeps the paper quality, watermarks and complexity of most of the printing.
Of course the security strip number wont match the new face value

To the north of me there is bison ranch which is an odd thing to find here in southern Ontario. Up until 2020 I’d stop in and pick up mince and steaks a few times a year, excellent eating, lean and flavourful.
Many years ago as a teenager I did some temporary work at a bison ranch in southern Ontario, unloading hay and things like that. The fence posts were massive, but I was told that if the bison took a mind to suddenly rush at the fence (which they had done before) the posts would just snap off and the bison would go wherever they wanted. The fence was more of a "suggestion" to the bison than an actual barrier.

There are actually two sub-species of bison, the plains bison and the wood bison. The names tell you where they live. Wood Buffalo National Park in Alberta and the NWT was established to help conserve the wood bison. It's larger than Switzerland.

What's the difference between a Buffalo and a Bison?

Buffalo such as the Cape Buffalo are found in Africa and the Water Buffalo in Asia. The Bison is found in North America and some parts of Europe. Though pretty much the same in looks there are differences, the European Bison has 14 ribs whereas the North American Bison has 15 ribs. The American Bison is also hairier than it's European cousin.