America - its all a bit odd...

Since July last year 110 Officers have left the Portland PD. There have been 37 resignations and 73 early retirements. There are a few Officers from Portland on a LE forum I'm a member of and those Officers are telling us there are no replacements for those 110 Officers because no one is applying for the jobs.
Any word on if the pace of resignations will continue through this year?

So really the Hipsters moved to Portland, and now it's turning into what Detroit was a decade ago but more violent
Detroit hasn’t changed very much, just the crime is more black on black so it doesn’t meet the criteria for media exposure.

Since July last year 110 Officers have left the Portland PD. There have been 37 resignations and 73 early retirements. There are a few Officers from Portland on a LE forum I'm a member of and those Officers are telling us there are no replacements for those 110 Officers because no one is applying for the jobs.
I'm really not surprised. Saddened, but not surprised. :confused:

Their Beta male mayor Ed Wheeler, should be ashamed of himself for what he's allowing Portland to turn into. Wiki descries him as:

Edward Tevis Wheeler (born August 31, 1962) is an American politician who has served as the mayor of Portland, Oregon since 2017. He was Oregon State Treasurer from 2010 to 2016.

Wheeler was elected in the 2016 Portland mayoral election and reelected in 2020. Formerly a registered Republican,[1] he has been described as a moderate Democrat.[2]

I would add weak as water, as Mrs. Slocomb would say. He had protestors and anarchists drive him out of his condo last year - and he ended up apologizing to his condo neighbors and the anarchists. (For being such a wiener I suppose) If I were unlucky enough to own property in Portland such as a condo, I wouldn't want Weak Willy as a neighbor because my condo would surely get burned down because Wee Wheeler isn't going to do jack shit to get a grip on the situation.

I don't know it Wheeler has the authority to fire the Lefty Democratic DA, but he has to be replaced by somebody who is actually going to enforce the laws of the jurisdiction he's supposed to serve and back the good police when they make arrests; otherwise, I can see the downward spiral only continuing.

Don't look for any help to solve the problem from Salem OR (Gov Kate Brown) or Washington D.C. as the chief executives are all Democrats. God help us.

Joe Bidem approves riots - Copy.png
Democrats do not fix problems.jpg

Attachments

• Wheeler, the Limp Dem.jpg
    Wheeler, the Limp Dem.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 6
Detroit hasn’t changed very much, just the crime is more black on black so it doesn’t meet the criteria for media exposure.

That and a lot of people moved out of Detroit and Wayne county and moved to surrounding counties. The exodus was happening when we lived there back end of the 1980's.

Unfortunately it isn't just Detroit that has these problems, Flint, Saginaw, Grand Rapids, Bay City and Midland have high crime problems as well.

I couldn't wait to get out of Michigan, I hated it there.

Their Beta male mayor Ed Wheeler, should be ashamed of himself for what he's allowing Portland to turn into. Wiki descries him as:

Edward Tevis Wheeler (born August 31, 1962) is an American politician who has served as the mayor of Portland, Oregon since 2017. He was Oregon State Treasurer from 2010 to 2016.

Wheeler was elected in the 2016 Portland mayoral election and reelected in 2020. Formerly a registered Republican,[1] he has been described as a moderate Democrat.[2]

I would add weak as water, as Mrs. Slocomb would say. He had protestors and anarchists drive him out of his condo last year - and he ended up apologizing to his condo neighbors and the anarchists. (For being such a wiener I suppose) If I were unlucky enough to own property in Portland such as a condo, I wouldn't want Weak Willy as a neighbor because my condo would surely get burned down because Wee Wheeler isn't going to do jack shit to get a grip on the situation.

I don't know it Wheeler has the authority to fire the Lefty Democratic DA, but he has to be replaced by somebody who is actually going to enforce the laws of the jurisdiction he's supposed to serve and back the good police when they make arrests; otherwise, I can see the downward spiral only continuing.

Don't look for any help to solve the problem from Salem OR (Gov Kate Brown) or Washington D.C. as the chief executives are all Democrats. God help us.

View attachment 566615View attachment 566616

It is sad mate! I've been to Portland a few times and always like it, it was a nice city and the people were friendly and welcoming.

That and a lot of people moved out of Detroit and Wayne county and moved to surrounding counties. The exodus was happening when we lived there back end of the 1980's.

Unfortunately it isn't just Detroit that has these problems, Flint, Saginaw, Grand Rapids, Bay City and Midland have high crime problems as well.

That’s been the one bonus to the border being closed, I haven’t had to work in Michigan for over a year now....

My bold. I had occasion to visit a builders merchants in Wolverhampton, west midlands, England( Full location for our american cousins) called Carvers, and was helped by middle aged lady,when we got chatting, she said she came from Michigan state, and emigrated to the UK because of the massive job loses, crime, and general lawlessness prevalent in her neighborhood. I did not press her for further details. I do know that a few years ago a big car plant closed down in flint, which put thousands out of work, with the attendant repossessions, and homelessness that followed.:(

My bold. I had occasion to visit a builders merchants in Wolverhampton, west midlands, England( Full location for our american cousins) called Carvers, and was helped by middle aged lady,when we got chatting, she said she came from Michigan state, and emigrated to the UK because of the massive job loses, crime, and general lawlessness prevalent in her neighborhood. I did not press her for further details. I do know that a few years ago a big car plant closed down in flint, which put thousands out of work, with the attendant repossessions, and homelessness that followed.:(
Flint has been circling the drain for decades, started before the big 3 started closing up.

Waldeck

Old-Salt

View attachment 566615View attachment 566616
I see Mad Max is adding to the Problem.

I consider that unusual to say the least. I don't doubt the many cities in Michigan can be pretty grim, but there are some pleasant places out in the country. If you don't have a marketable skill, and you are reaching middle age, why pull up stakes and go overseas to live? That would be a struggle I would think. Maybe she had relatives in the UK.

It was GM that moved out of of Flint. The Flint factory were making large cars such as the Buick and the like at a time when a lot of Americans were switching over to sport utility vehicles, mini-vans and pickup trucks.

I consider that unusual to say the least. I don't doubt the many cities in Michigan can be pretty grim, but there are some pleasant places out in the country. If you don't have a marketable skill, and you are reaching middle age, why pull up stakes and go overseas to live? That would be a struggle I would think. Maybe she had relatives in the UK.

Get past Midland/Bay City and Northern Michigan is a beautiful place. We lived in Petoskey for a while before leaving the State. Michigan residents are among the highest taxed residents in the Union.

Her demeanor suggested that she regretted leaving her birth country, she was very softly spoken, and world weary, and her facial expressions suggested that she had been through a life changing experience. i felt very sorry for her.

It was GM that moved out of of Flint. The Flint factory were making large cars such as the Buick and the like at a time when a lot of Americans were switching over to sport utility vehicles, mini-vans and pickup trucks.
When l first was in Flint in the 90’s l was absolutely shocked at the number of vacant derelict houses, street after street of them, not even boarded up, just smashed windows and grass waist high. My ex wife actually suggested buying a few and fixing up, there is a reason why she became an ex...

When l first was in Flint in the 90’s l was absolutely shocked at the number of vacant derelict houses, street after street of them, not even boarded up, just smashed windows and grass waist high. My ex wife actually suggested buying a few and fixing up, there is a reason why she became an ex...

Get out of Flint itself and the surrounding towns and villages are quite nice.

Is their water still fecked? I can understand high crime rates in a place that is so third-world that they don't have clean drinking water.
They (a politician) changed sources without considering the chemistry involved and the water from the new source was able to dissolve the lead in some of the pipe work.

Latest Threads