America - its all a bit odd...

Metal makes stuff taste "metaly" to a refined palate. This is the correct answer. View attachment 507829
Fashionably late, I know ... however, there’s nothing can compare with the “issued” equipment flavour enhancement. Fortunate, I was, to have savoured the worldly delights ...
85C2D5A8-40D5-4C9F-A075-2DDB5D14DDDD.jpeg

Only the same as consoles though with each generation lasting around five years before you have to buy a new one.
Speak for yourself - I've still got a NES and a N64 hooked up to a (old) TV. And a PS4.

Speak for yourself - I've still got a NES and a N64 hooked up to a (old) TV. And a PS4.
I do miss some of the old games from back in the day.
Eventually I will upgrade the Xbox one, but I shudder to think about the 4-5 bottles of firewater that I will have to put on hold later this year or early next to make the switch.

When we lived near a major city in the US, I remember the 'zombie horde' which lived under a particular underpass. They would shuffle out once or twice a day with their shopping trollies, and occasionally make it as far as the glitzy shops and restaurants of downtown.

People would wrinkle their noses and call waste disposal (the cops) when a fellow human being had soiled themselves and lay hopeless infront of them. Nobody seemed to have any plan except hoping that they died quietly in a corner somewhere.

It was ******* grim. People loved to tell you how low their taxes were in that state though. I have no intention of visiting the big west coast cities where things are really bad. Friends returned from business trips to e.g. San Fran and said they would never take family there.

Edit: Not to say that I wouldn't go back. I quite liked having an income of $10,000 a month, and you get used to it!
Jan ‘96, in the middle of what was then termed the worst blizzard in NY2’s history we arrived from a Sydney Summer for my two year secondment to the Big Organisation’s HQ, and noticed that every doorway during non-working hours seemed to have piles of snoring/dribbling/ranting cardboard boxes/rags bundles. My arrival to my assigned work location on the corner of First and 45th, in the UNITAR Bldg, at around 0800 disturbed these ‘sentries’ from their slumbers and I was “advised“ by them that they normally vacate around 0900 to make way for the office workers’ arrival. I negotiated a coffee-and-bagel fuelled access relationship which enabled my entry. The reason for all these homeless infesting public areas was apparently the City of NY2’s recent decision to empty the public-welfare funded institution/shelters‘ ... the resulting lack of accommodation ended up with doorway and subway tunnel communities, which the NYPD did not have the resources to deal with, thus they became the public’s problem. Some localities were less inconvenienced than others ... my ‘sentries’ took advantage of my benevolence to get themselves packed up and out and about on their scavenging rounds before others’ ...

Jan ‘96, in the middle of what was then termed the worst blizzard in NY2’s history we arrived from a Sydney Summer for my two year secondment to the Big Organisation’s HQ, and noticed that every doorway during non-working hours seemed to have piles of snoring/dribbling/ranting cardboard boxes/rags bundles. My arrival to my assigned work location on the corner of First and 45th, in the UNITAR Bldg, at around 0800 disturbed these ‘sentries’ from their slumbers and I was “advised“ by them that they normally vacate around 0900 to make way for the office workers’ arrival. I negotiated a coffee-and-bagel fuelled access relationship which enabled my entry. The reason for all these homeless infesting public areas was apparently the City of NY2’s recent decision to empty the public-welfare funded institution/shelters‘ ... the resulting lack of accommodation ended up with doorway and subway tunnel communities, which the NYPD did not have the resources to deal with, thus they became the public’s problem. Some localities were less inconvenienced than others ... my ‘sentries’ took advantage of my benevolence to get themselves packed up and out and about on their scavenging rounds before others’ ...

Twinned with croydon?

Twinned with croydon?
Never having visited the Croydon, England, I assume, I cannot comment ... however, the Croydon I knew during the ‘60s, as a suburb of Melbourne, VIC, was not the most salubrious of locales, however I didn’t see the homelessness such as was obvious in NY2 in the late ‘90s.

Never having visited the Croydon, England, I assume, I cannot comment ... however, the Croydon I knew during the ‘60s, as a suburb of Melbourne, VIC, was not the most salubrious of locales, however I didn’t see the homelessness such as was obvious in NY2 in the late ‘90s.
Croydon. south london ( Surrey as was). Its the go to place for new arrivals to this green and not so pleasant land.Its a by-word for all that is wrong, a totally Fcuked up immigration system. Its also Chav & Mong central. If Quentin Tarantino ever made a film of a totally dysfunctional society, on the verge of meltdown, violence, drug abuse, homelessness and rampant crime, CROYDON would would fit all the bacteria criteria.

Last edited:
Croydon. south london ( Surrey as was). Its the go to place for new arrivals to this green and not so pleasant land.Its a by-word for all that is wrong, a totally Fcuked up immigration system. Its also Chav & Mong central. If Quentin Tarantino ever made a film of a totally dysfunctional society, on the verge of meltdown, violence, drug abuse, homelessness and rampart crime, CROYDON would would fit all the bacteria criteria.
Not rampart crime!!! The people in the Croydon fort must be absolutely crapping themselves. Oh the humanity. Will the ramparts ever be the same again?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Remember all the fuss about the slowness of mail during the last election? My mother mailed a card to me from the west coast on February 13th - it normally takes five days to arrive in North Carolina. It finally arrive March 5th. Apparently these delays are causing major hardships for some as bill invoices and payments get delayed, not to mention those who get medicines thru the mail.

It's February, so why is your mail still arriving late?

endure

GCM
I bought something from Ebay US using the Global Shipping thing. It left Vancouver WA on the 23rd February. It's currently sitting in Independence KY with a 'weather delay' tag on it.

Who knows when it will arrive in the UK?

Still the same today, worse even, thanks to mayor Bill DeBlasio (birth name Warren Wilhelm) who believes the Bums are our friends (yet he wont let any into his home). Every day where I work people are harassed multiple times by multiple bums from the moment you go outside the building. Others come in demanding money. NYPD has been ordered not to arrest them by the mayor and its emboldened them.

Recently we had 4 stabbings by them (against each other) within 2 blocks of my work. they shit everywhere, needles are everywhere and out buildings janitorial staff risk every day cleaning it up.

Penn Station is overrun with them they lay all over blocking stairs and escalators. Police arent allowed to wake them until 0630 each day to get them to move for commuters.

Make no mistake I'm not talking about poor families with nowhere to live, but hardcore alchies and drug addicts, and the massively mentally unbalanced.

Still the same today, worse even, thanks to mayor Bill DeBlasio (birth name Warren Wilhelm) who believes the Bums are our friends (yet he wont let any into his home).

Why do people keep voting for the stupid ****?

Why do people keep voting for the stupid ****?
A worldwide problem.

Welsh politics have been guided by this baffling phenomenon* for as long as I can remember. At one time, our constituency had the usual Labour incumbent, but anyone with any sense and a problem would see the never elected Liberal candidate.

*Doop doo bedoo doo...