Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

Another Third World metric, to go with (alleged) dodgy elections and attempted coups d'etat?

'U.S. life expectancy just dropped by more than a year — the largest decline in decades — as a result of the sheer number of deaths from COVID-19, according to estimates from a new study.

'The study researchers project that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the average U.S. life expectancy in 2020 will drop by 1.13 years, bringing it to 77.48 years, according to the study, published Thursday (Jan. 14) in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. That's the largest single-year decline in life expectancy in at least 40 years, and it would bring the country's life expectancy down its lowest level since 2003, the researchers said.'

The journal herself gets from the American College of Surgeons reckoned that in the next few years we are going to see a large spike in cardiovascular problems due to covid-19 and the lockdown through over eating, drinking and smoking mostly out of boredom in the first world countries.

The journal herself gets from the American College of Surgeons reckoned that in the next few years we are going to see a large spike in cardiovascular problems due to covid-19 and the lockdown through over eating, drinking and smoking mostly out of boredom in the first world countries.
There will be a lot of cardio-vascular and other organ problems which are directly related to COVID-19. The virus causes damage to multiple organs, even among people who didn't have serious cases. A lot of people will be facing long term health problems which are only going to be surfacing later on.

There will be a lot of cardio-vascular and other organ problems which are directly related to COVID-19. The virus causes damage to multiple organs, even among people who didn't have serious cases. A lot of people will be facing long term health problems which are only going to be surfacing later on.

Oh yeah I agree mate and I should have worded my post better but I was getting radio interference from herself at the time. Probably should have put a coma after the Covid-19 then lead on.

Yep she said to me that this is going to result in more cardiovascular problems as well as other types of organ failures later on down the line, there are people herself knows who have not fully recovered from the Covid-19 six months after being discharged as in-patients from the hospital.

So, not burning the calories to get you lardy body to the local fish and chip shop due to Covid will now be a government problem.

So, not burning the calories to get you lardy body to the local fish and chip shop due to Covid will now be a government problem.
Of course it will, just like the fact that certain socio-economic groups have poor diets because the government doesn't provide enough benefits for a good diet and doesn't give them the latest trainers to go down the gym with...

Of course it will, just like the fact that certain socio-economic groups have poor diets because the government doesn't provide enough benefits for a good diet and doesn't give them the latest trainers to go down the gym with...
So, just as before but without any blame.

Always enough there for booze and fags, along with the classy tats they sport though...

QRK2

LE
I'm curious if that restaurant has ever been robbed. I suspect not.

Usually such concerns aren't as much about security when on the grounds, as much as when going to and fro. Capitol Police are not responsible for her during her commute, for example, and if there is no option to have the pistol at her destination, then there is, in practice, no ability for her to have it with at any point in her routine.

I have the same problem. I am permitted by both State law and my employer (Texas military) to be armed on the job and on the commute to the job, but since my place of work is a federal military installation, I have to leave the sidearm at home and my 500-mile drive, plus any trips off-base I may make over the weeks I'm away, are as a result unarmed.

In her case, the regulations are kindof mixed. She will not be permitted the firearm in the legislative chamber, and there is provision for storage in her offices. However, she needs to get to the offices.
To be fair it's much the same here, it's 700 years since we banned weapons in Parilament, but I think MPs do still get a hook in the cloakroom on which to hang their sword.

To be fair it's much the same here, it's 700 years since we banned weapons in Parilament, but I think MPs do still get a hook in the cloakroom on which to hang their sword.
Red silk ribbon on the hook.

Ah, so not for realigning the cervical vertebrae then. It occurs to me that politicians lack the sense of shame required to off themselves in the cloak rooms when caught with fingers in the till/willies in little boys.

'Court swords', designed for poseurs, politicians and pansies.
Not always. I once visited an antiques dealer in Swansea to enquire about a sword he had; a katana, poor condition so I didn't ask the price.
He complimented my eye, then passed over a sword which he thought beyond my means (as was, indeed, almost any decent blade at that point in my life)
but which he thought I would nevertheless enjoy examining.
An Elizabethan Court sword.
Externally a beautiful piece, inlaid with silver. On drawing it, I examined the blade. Oh, my heart aches thinking about it. Such gorgeous steel, so beautifully worked. And the handling! I felt confident and powerful wielding that.

A thing of true beauty and lethal functionality.

Something like this doesn't engender much faith in US airport security.

'A man has been arrested after he lived undetected in Chicago’s international airport for close to 90 days, too scared to go home because of COVID-19.

Police in Chicago said Aditya Udai Singh, 33, arrived at the city’s busy O’Hare Airport on a flight from Los
Angeles on October 19 and lived in security zone until he was arrested on Saturday.

'The Los Angeles man managed to go all that time undetected at the airport — which is the world’s busiest for takeoffs and landings — and survived off food from passengers.

'His plan came unstuck when two United Airlines staffers asked to see his identification and he presented an airport ID badge that had been reported missing by an operations manager in October, the Chicago Tribune reported.'

How man lived in Chicago’s O’Hare Airport undetected for 3 months (news.com.au)

While there's a whole thread on India, and we make jokes about Austria and Belgium, back in the USA ...

'With her long wavy hair and charming smile, 20-year-old Colleen Stan knew she'd have no problems hitching a lift to her mate's birthday. And when a smiling a young couple with a baby pulled over to pick her up, she thought she'd struck lucky.

'Yet terrifyingly, instead of dropping her off at the party, the couple drove back 300 miles to their remote home in Red Bluff, California, where Cameron Hooker, 23, and his wife Janice locked her in a coffin-like box. The monsters kept her there, under the couple’s bed, for 23 hours a day – only letting her out when they decided they wanted to rape or torture her. She was beaten, electrocuted and even stretched on a rack by sadist Hooker, who made her sign a “slave” contract and threatened to kill her and her family if she escaped.'

Goes to show how a victim can be mentally (and physically) broken into compliance.

While there's a whole thread on India, and we make jokes about Austria and Belgium, back in the USA ...

'With her long wavy hair and charming smile, 20-year-old Colleen Stan knew she'd have no problems hitching a lift to her mate's birthday. And when a smiling a young couple with a baby pulled over to pick her up, she thought she'd struck lucky.

'Yet terrifyingly, instead of dropping her off at the party, the couple drove back 300 miles to their remote home in Red Bluff, California, where Cameron Hooker, 23, and his wife Janice locked her in a coffin-like box. The monsters kept her there, under the couple’s bed, for 23 hours a day – only letting her out when they decided they wanted to rape or torture her. She was beaten, electrocuted and even stretched on a rack by sadist Hooker, who made her sign a “slave” contract and threatened to kill her and her family if she escaped.'

Goes to show how a victim can be mentally (and physically) broken into compliance.
So how did they get caught ? (asking for a mate ).

Latest Threads