Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

Ex DAWN PATROL by any chance?
Got it in one. I was one of the group that took off for the northern mountains between advance party. and the beginning of the exercise, we, that is the Rupert that was map reading, got us lost, and we had to find a friendly village, and contact camp, they sent out a rover to pick us up. I found out on our return that Air had been tasked to search and rescue, which thankfully was not needed. i have a photo album full of pictures .1974

Last edited:
Got it in one. I was one of the group that took off for the northern mountains between advance party. and the beginning of the exercise, we, that is the Rupert that was map reading, got us lost, and we had to find a friendly village, and contact camp, they sent out a rover to pick us up. I found out on our return that Air had been tasked to search and rescue, which thankfully was not needed. i have a photo album full of picture.1974
I was attached to HQ 3 Cdo Bde Int Sect from 8 Int Coy but sadly had to fly back on a Belfast. I seem to remember Bde HQ was very close to the beach. A real eye-opener for a sprog.

I was attached to HQ 3 Cdo Bde Int Sect from 8 Int Coy but sadly had to fly back on a Belfast. I seem to remember Bde HQ was very close to the beach. A real eye-opener for a sprog.

I was signals attached to 216 Para sigs, free running operating a Clansman radio, pretty much left to our own devices, which allowed us to wander about the exercise area at will. I do remember a septic sprog officer getting fragged by some lads from the 82nd airborne, in his tent in the early hours, I found out he had never served in Vietnam, and they had, as he was being a Gobby arseh0le, so they removed him, as only septic's can. An enjoyable and eye opening 6 weeks experience.

Tudela Italian tank training ranges was the name and location of the camp, on the southern tip of the island.

Last edited:
I was signals attached to 216 Para sigs, free running operating a Clansman radio, pretty much left to our own devices, which allowed us to wander about the exercise area at will. I do remember a septic sprog officer getting fragged by some lads from the 82nd airborne, in his tent in the early hours, I found out he had never served in Vietnam, and they had, as he was being a Gobby arseh0le, so they removed him, as only septic's can. An enjoyable and eye opening 6 weeks experience.

Tudela Italian tank training ranges was the name and location of the camp, on the southern tip of the island.
Did you get a run ashore in Cagliari?

Did you get a run ashore in Cagliari?
We did, Truck loads of us preceded to rip the shit out off the bars and dives around the dock areas. Walking along the strip, just in front of us, a couple of lads (16 Para) came crashing through the front windows of a bar, followed by a few locals, and in true blue British tradition, began malleting each other, all to the cheers and encouragement of us onlookers. 1974.

The colours of fall are rather breathtaking, or will take your breath away!
8889F6BC-D6B1-4CD1-8367-C9FFDBB3C694.jpeg
B8B42950-6DFF-4E09-8DE2-4B196BE77C46.jpeg

Well it is warmer in the Tropical South, where I am from. The truck said it was 7F.

Luxury, that's shorts and t-shirt weather around here. :boogie:

Sandels and sunscreen are the order of the day. Funny that you missed out on the snow, but less work for you today.

We got snow yesterday but because of the rain over the last couple of days it just melted when it hit the ground.

Weird, it's only Oct, we're higher up the planet than you, yet it's a balmy 12 or so degrees C here.

I reckon there's a wee bit more to it than that.

Weird, it's only Oct, we're higher up the planet than you, yet it's a balmy 12 or so degrees C here.
Maritime climate and the Gulf Stream. The UK is on the same latitude as central Canada and Moscow, if it was just distance above the equator affecting temperature we'd be properly cold.

Well done; the Emperor (PBUH) would be proud! A tragedy for the families of the passengers though.

'A Texas man posted a video of himself drinking alcohol behind the wheel on Facebook Live just minutes before crashing his car — killing all three of his passengers.

'Camilo Morejon, 47, could be seen swigging a bottle of beer while traveling in a silver Honda with his girlfriend and two others in Jersey Village on Sunday, according to the video that was posted to Facebook at 7:47 a.m. local time.'

Well done; the Emperor (PBUH) would be proud! A tragedy for the families of the passengers though.

'A Texas man posted a video of himself drinking alcohol behind the wheel on Facebook Live just minutes before crashing his car — killing all three of his passengers.

'Camilo Morejon, 47, could be seen swigging a bottle of beer while traveling in a silver Honda with his girlfriend and two others in Jersey Village on Sunday, according to the video that was posted to Facebook at 7:47 a.m. local time.'

Well at least he only killed himself and his passengers.

Latest Threads