Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

Some good video of the terrain in the Southern part of my State. Not to far from where I will be heading tomorrow. The only crappy part is this is part of the Mullen fire which is becoming a tad disruptive.

It’s about time to migrate West.
68F59022-CE95-49C1-AB30-4383C4B4D53B.jpeg

Only a couple of more days and all my favourite seasons open up on the 3rd October. The shotguns are cleaned and ready to go, the dogs are all primed and chomping at the bit to get going and the freezers have been emptied and defrosted. The dogs must know instinctively it's that time of year.

I also have a cow elk permit I'm looking to fill and give the deer a break this year althought I do have two doe permits in case the elk hunt is a bust., I usually take one of the deer over to our elderly neighbours after I've butchered them so I'll give them half the elk if I get one.

Geese and ducks first though on the morning of the third. Hope you have a good time mate and a succesful hunt. Keep your powder dry.

Only a couple of more days and all my favourite seasons open up on the 3rd October. The shotguns are cleaned and ready to go, the dogs are all primed and chomping at the bit to get going and the freezers have been emptied and defrosted. The dogs must know instinctively it's that time of year.

I also have a cow elk permit I'm looking to fill and give the deer a break this year althought I do have two doe permits in case the elk hunt is a bust., I usually take one of the deer over to our elderly neighbours after I've butchered them so I'll give them half the elk if I get one.

Geese and ducks first though on the morning of the third. Hope you have a good time mate and a succesful hunt. Keep your powder dry.
Hoping the Mullen Fire helps us this year. It could go either way. Then Pheasant on the 22nd!

endure

GCM

I thought you and Jonesy wanted to steer the thread away from America is all about guns and shooting.

Hoping the Mullen Fire helps us this year. It could go either way. Then Pheasant on the 22nd!

Not seen a lot of pheasant this year but I'll be on the watch out and see if I can get a shot at one or two. Seeing a lot of grouse this year but there is plenty of time for those as they are open until January first. Another species that's wandered back into the area in the last couple of years has been the Bighorn Sheep.

There are plenty of permits for them and I'll bet a penny to a dollar I know where they are feeding around here. I reckon I'll do some stalking and glassing tomorrow.

I thought you and Jonesy wanted to steer the thread away from America is all about guns and shooting.

We're not talking about firearms or shooting, we're talking about the upcoming hunting season opening dates and which species are open when.

Latest Threads