Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

I suspect not, mostly JD (several different types) and Jim Beam.

My dad hated it, I quite like a drop when in the right mood. As I said, it's a different drink to Whisky - not better, not worse, different.
It can be much like Scotch. We get the brands that can afford to advertise and woo suppliers here. The really good stuff Is scarce, and the State might only get 20 cases of a particular brand.

It can be much like Scotch.

That's twice you've used that nomenclature in the last hour; do it again and I'll hunt you down and burn you for the heretic you are!

Alternatively, if you're still alive after the election and worldwide travel is reinstated, I'll travel to the prairies to ejumicate you on what whisky really is, and maybe get a go on some of your extensive armoury.

Last edited:
I didn't know you're from Scotchland.

You don't have to have been born there to appreciate the water of life. And yes, I did get the irony on your Frasi(er)ng.

My dad's favourite, and as he is more Scottish than I am, I'll take his word.
That, the 15 and the 18 always worth it. I have just bought a cheeky little (50cl) bottle of the 22

That, the 15 and the 18 always worth it. I have just bought a cheeky little (50cl) bottle of the 22

I've never seen a 1L bottling of any of the Springbank/Longrow whisky (but 2 x 50cl works). Is it a Springbank bottling, or Cadenhead/G&M/et al?

I suspect not, mostly JD (several different types) and Jim Beam.

My dad hated it, I quite like a drop when in the right mood. As I said, it's a different drink to Whisky - not better, not worse, different.
Whisky Exchange and Master of Malt both have good bourbon and rye selections. In the case of the WE, it's worth a visit to one of their stores if you can as their staff know their drinks.

I've never seen a 1L bottling of any of the Springbank/Longrow whisky (but 2 x 50cl works). Is it a Springbank bottling, or Cadenhead/G&M/et al?
Master of Malt AKA "That Boutique-y Whisky Company" 49.6% - cost an arm and a leg but got a good wedge last month.

Master of Malt AKA "That Boutique-y Whisky Company" 49.6% - cost an arm and a leg but got a good wedge last month.

TVM. Any Campbelltown bottling is worth the search and the cost.

Last edited:
That's twice you've used that nomenclature in the last hour; do it again and I'll hunt you down and burn you for the heretic you are!

Alternatively, if you're still alive after the election and worldwide travel is reinstated, I'll travel to the prairies to ejumicate you on what whisky really is, and maybe get a go on some of your extensive armoury.
Depending on who wins, I might be burying a few things and eventually be labeled a felon.

stacker1

On ROPS
On ROPs
JD these days is so sweet and watered down I'd rather go elsewhere with my money.

How can it be watered down, its 40%.

JD is my drink of choice, all the cool kids drink it.

Depending on who wins, I might be burying a few things and eventually be labeled a felon.

For what you've said about whisky, you're already in contempt, and quite possibly a criminal. ;)

Latest Threads