Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

That was my understanding too.

Her ex-boyfriend (who they police were looking for) had been arrested in relation to drugs offences.

Has bodycam footage been found yet? I know that the initial police position was 'no-one had a bodycam', but there have since been photos released showing one of the officers wearing a bodycam, and at least one more wearing a bodycam harness.
When I lived in Fort Wayne the media heard that a "personality " had been stopped by the police on suspicion of dui. They did a foi request for the footage and audio only to be told that everyone of the 8 (yes 8) of the attending officers had faulty bodycams.
They harrased the mayor who summoned the chief of police for a interview without coffee to explain why he didn't report why the very expensive bodycam system was crap. The chief of police decided that his family needed him to spend more time with them.
Why can't this chief of police do the same?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Mike Barton

On ROPS
On ROPs
Regardless of the veracity of that particular dit, this is a good point.
I will pass over your subtle suggestion that I am a liar and simply state that the incident, in which I named the institution (an old-fashioned Poly that was formed I believe from a sports education college, with a strong rugby spirit and which had a reputation for hard drinking and hard playing) and when the incident happened, in the 1980s a time that was much less intolerant of such behaviour.

I will also point out that two other posters reported similar incidents at a rugby do and an Army initiation ritual, so why I should be cast as the liar and the others not, I have no idea. Meanwhile I will leave you these links to peruse (some relate to sports hazing in US colleges, it's not fanciful to believe that similar practices occur in the UK) to see if maybe you think they are lying too.

Why humiliating university initiations need to be stopped

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

University of Surrey 'deeply saddened' by students' 'degrading initiation'

Rugby initiation ceremony saw 'bottle inserted in to player's anus'

The brutal secret of school sport initiations

A mate of mine, a big lad who always fancied playing rugby but never did as he came from a working class Northern Ireland Catholic background and felt, perhaps wrongly, that his face wouldn't fit in joined the rugby club when he went to uni in Leeds.

He too lasted one night, when he saw another new recruit being held down and having a broom handle shoved up his ass he decided that whatever about his face there was a certain part of his anatomy that wouldn't fit.

I wonder how many others have been put off the sport by such monumentally cockish behaviour.

I’m not going to say it did, or did not happen - it might well have done, I knew a WRAC girl who was broomstick raped by some of the other girls in the block for not being of their persuasion.

Anyway, I went to both Leeds uni’s and knew some of the rugger players to nod at From both. They used to wander around bigging it up and did security at the respective unions On function/disco nights. Their party trick when manning the door was to grope girls and demand a flash of tits to allow entry.

And then the drug dealing afro-carribean posse from Chapeltown would turn up To do a bit of business. Not being students they should not have got in, but yet they always seemed to get past the hardmen boys of the rugby club who seemed to vanish to the toilets enmasse whenever the posse arrived.

Last edited:
American justice: like the thread title says...

'Two Amish brothers who raped their 12-year-old sister, getting her pregnant, have avoided jail because they “would have been eaten alive” in prison.

Aaron Schwartz, 22, and Petie Schwartz, 18, pleaded guilty to two counts of third-degree child molestation with a child under the age of 14, according to the Webster County Citizen.

'The abuse occurred on six occasions in 2019 and 2020 at the family home in Missouri, US, while their sister was 12 and 13. Two other brothers also took part in the abuse, but as they were minors, they didn’t face charges.

'As a result of the abuse, their sister became pregnant, giving birth two weeks ago.
Despite admitting to the crime, Aaron and Petie Schwartz negotiated a plea deal that included 10-year suspended prison terms, with five years of probation.'

I’m not going to say it did, or did not happen - it might well have done, I knew a WRAC girl who was broomstick raped by some of the other girls in the block for not being of their persuasion.

Anyway, I went to both Leeds uni’s and knew some of the rugger players to nod at From both. They used to wander around bigging it up and did security at the respective unions On function/disco nights. Their party trick when manning the door was to grope girls and demand a flash of tits to allow entry.

And then the drug dealing afro-carribean posse from Chapeltown would turn up To do a bit of business. Not being students they should not have got in, but yet they always seemed to get past the hardmen boys of the rugby club who seemed to vanish to the toilets enmasse whenever the posse arrived.

I briefly dated a WRAC photo interpreter I met in the Falklands.

She told me about the broomstick stories.

A few years later, it was stories like that that got the WRAC disbanded, after an inquiry led by the then WRAC Adjutant at Woolwich, who had been on the WRAC course at Camberley* when I went through RMAS. She told me that the ‘Queen Bee’ begged her not to ‘destroy my Corps’.

* they still didn’t get ‘commissioned’ at RMAS in those days.

I will pass over your subtle suggestion that I am a liar...

Your story is contentious with others and I have no idea whether it is true or not (to be clear its an abhorrent behaviour if it is) but your point I amplified is correct. I'll counter with the observation that "my subtle suggestion" appears to be a failure to be wholly and unequivocally on #TeamMIke from the get go.

Thats interesting. The security at our union was largely provided by the Jiu Jitsu club in my time, one or two rugby players worked with them on occasion. I assume there must have been dealing going on but it wasn't as overt as you describe. In any event there were plenty of locations where you could meet someone nearby so no pressing need to get into the Union building.

Regarding the "party trick" did the SU hierarchy not object? The Womens Officer would have been all over an allegation like that at our place.

syrup

LE
Ref broomsticks and where not to shove them.
3 lads got six months inside for doing it to another for a "laugh"
I know that for a fact because I worked with 2 of them after they got out.
The ring leader and the victim both got posted away
At least one of the lads that did time got promoted

Thats interesting. The security at our union was largely provided by the Jiu Jitsu club in my time, one or two rugby players worked with them on occasion. I assume there must have been dealing going on but it wasn't as overt as you describe. In any event there were plenty of locations where you could meet someone nearby so no pressing need to get into the Union building.

Regarding the "party trick" did the SU hierarchy not object? The Womens Officer would have been all over an allegation like that at our place.

I'd say that most of the dealing was quietly done and that the Chapeltown posse only came along about every 4 to 6 weeks - just to "own the place". I knew some of the local coppers in Leeds from the gun club and had been told that there had been police cars shot at when driving through Chapeltown, this was back in the 90's, different vibe, people avoided the "posse".

The rugger buggers had form for gropping and serious "get your tits out" sexual inuendo. There was a passport photo booth at the back of the union, tucked out of the way and it was not unheard of that shagging would go on in there. A strip of pictures was recovered out of the slot one time showing a girly giving someone a BJ - you could see her head and mouthful clearly as the booths are designed to take headshots, much embarassment. But, no, they never seemed to get hassled.

Back to quiet dealing; the most successful dealer I knew at Becketts was a TA sniper from Manchester who came along as a mature student on the same course as me. This was still back in the day when we got grants, he picked up his grant cheque in the morning, got on the train to Manchester and came back with 3 grands worth of weed. He doubled his money in a month and carried on like that through the course. Funny story: About a year into the course I was well in at the local gun club and offered the TA sniper a shoot, he accepted and came along one saturday. At the range was a mate of mine who was a TA para from Pudsey, they got on absolutely great yapping about the TA. The thing is neither knew what the other was up to; the drug dealer was happily yapping to a bloke whose day job was working on "the Knock", customs and excise investigation division - I was quietly waiting for the sniper to offer to sell the other some weed.

endure

GCM
I've just watched (Sort of) the press conference for the family of Breonna Taylor in Louisville. They did not stand up well. Ranting, raving and rambling are not a list of features that are included in any manual of public speaking that I have ever heard of. The lawyer spoke with a level of articulacy suggesting that he could not possibly have graduated from high-school, while the local council representative seemed dumber than drugsy.

I suggest that any social campaigners watch the video and if they want people to take them seriously, don't do it that way. If someone was intent on making a racist stereotypical parody of black people, it would look just like that.

What I understood was that they were after her ex of two years ago, they lied to the judge to get the no-knock warrant on her address, and by the time they kicked her door in the man they had the warrant for was already in police custody.

The phone records from the jail show the relationship was not over, he had used the apartment to store money from his ill gains and was valid in its place to be raised.

Personally I am not a fan of the no knock and I think it’s suspect that the footage from body and isn’t available. But Ms. Taylor had a large part of the responsibility pie in her apartment being raided and her subsequent death.

Latest Threads