Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

America - its all a bit odd...

Nice (although it does look as if someone lost their false teeth on the beach).

I assume you are on holiday. Enjoy.

As a canal geek I always fancied a trip along the entire length of the Intracoastal Waterway. When I realised it would take about a year I gave up on the idea.

Nice (although it does look as if someone lost their false teeth on the beach).

I assume you are on holiday. Enjoy.

As a canal geek I always fancied a trip along the entire length of the Intracoastal Waterway. When I realised it would take about a year I gave up on the idea.
Here until Thursday, then we fly back on Friday. It is nice, trying to get my 5 miles in before everyone wakes up.

1592294125844.png

That bit of wibble clearly explains why the land you worship won't let you in.

Nothing stopping me from applying for, and working there, I'm a dual national to Canada.
Why the feck do you think I follow North American shenanigans.
Priorities and work keep me here for now.

Does anyone have any decent info of cops in the US having a caustic substance put in their drinks?

Ive just caught the tail end of a very brief radio article suggesting that something like bleach was added to some drinks, and that while most didn’t drink them a few had to go to hospital to be checked out.

Maybe local US news outlets will have more detail.

Does anyone have any decent info of cops in the US having a caustic substance put in their drinks?

Ive just caught the tail end of a very brief radio article suggesting that something like bleach was added to some drinks, and that while most didn’t drink them a few had to go to hospital to be checked out.

Maybe local US news outlets will have more detail.

Saw, and disregarded, something (from NZ?) earlier this morning on Newsnow.

E2A; not the article I ignored, but the same subject.

'Three New York City police officers were taken to the hospital Monday night after drinking milkshakes that contained a foreign substance that may have been bleach at a Shake Shack restaurant in Manhattan, officials said.

'The officers, all three in uniform, are expected to survive. The NYPD did not confirm what was in the drink Monday night, but Police Benevolent Association, a police union, said in a statement to members that the substance is thought to be bleach.'

Was the incident in NZ, or the news item from NZ, or both :)

Edit.

Now seen your link, thanks for the info :)

Follow up; apparently nothing to see here, although some cleaning staff might be looking for new work.

'Three New York City Police Department officers have been released from the hospital after getting sick when they drank milkshakes from Shake Shack Monday night. The shakes may have been tainted with bleach, according to a statement from the NYC Police Benevolent Association.

'The NYPD launched an investigation after the officers fell ill and determined early Tuesday morning that there was no criminality by employees, according to a tweet from NYPD Detective Chief Rodney Harrison. Investigators believe a cleaning solution used to clean the milkshake machines wasn't fully cleared and may have gotten into the officers' drinks. The officers bought the beverages at the restaurant chain's lower Manhattan location around 8:30 p.m., a spokeswoman for the department said. All three officers were transported to a local hospital where they were treated, observed and released, according to the spokeswoman.'

Follow up; apparently nothing to see here, although some cleaning staff might be looking for new work.

'Three New York City Police Department officers have been released from the hospital after getting sick when they drank milkshakes from Shake Shack Monday night. The shakes may have been tainted with bleach, according to a statement from the NYC Police Benevolent Association.

'The NYPD launched an investigation after the officers fell ill and determined early Tuesday morning that there was no criminality by employees, according to a tweet from NYPD Detective Chief Rodney Harrison. Investigators believe a cleaning solution used to clean the milkshake machines wasn't fully cleared and may have gotten into the officers' drinks. The officers bought the beverages at the restaurant chain's lower Manhattan location around 8:30 p.m., a spokeswoman for the department said. All three officers were transported to a local hospital where they were treated, observed and released, according to the spokeswoman.'

Thanks for the update.
The report while factual didn’t really account for any reasons why the substance was there.