Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

Can they?

The elite Gravy Seals of Meal Team Six.

The skinnies probably brought Tommy Two Guns along as as defensive berm.

He seems to be smoking a very small pipe! Probably thinks he is General MacArthur.

He seems to be smoking a very small pipe! Probably thinks he is General MacArthur.
I bet his nickname is “snack man”, and he does have the best pogey bait bar none in his group. As a matter of fact I bet he could operate a grill like a pro and be the camp cook. An all powerful position and a high honour, if not more work.

I bet his nickname is “snack man”, and he does have the best pogey bait bar none in his group. As a matter of fact I bet he could operate a grill like a pro and be the camp cook. An all powerful position and a high honour, if not more work.

The odds on getting any food out of his paws must be remarkably slim.

I imagine watching him eat is a bit like watching Animal eat. Safe, as long as you don't get your hands near his mouth.

The odds on getting any food out of his paws must be remarkably slim.

I imagine watching him eat is a bit like watching Animal eat. Safe, as long as you don't get your hands near his mouth.
Nope, all you have to do is get his heart rate going. Carrying all that gear looks cool, for the photos but tends to suck after a bit. If those were real firearms with ammo, three gun would be looking to drop unnecessary weight quickly. Hence we would get to eat, he doesn’t look like the Jim Beam or Fireball type though, the cheap bastard.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
There's another one filmed in Kenosha that shows bystanders pointing him out as the one who'd been trying to order people around at gunpoint earlier in the night.
I've seen plenty of footage of BLM protestors making up accusations against whoever they don't like, so until there's video evidence of Rittenhouse ordering protestors around at gunpoint, the word of "bystanders" isn't worth a bucket of spit as far as I can see.

From personal experience of riots in NI, Bosnia and Sierra Leone, my take on this unfortunate incident is as follows: Disregarding the reason for Rittenhouse being where he was and the legality of his rifle, the events as they unfolded gave him no choice but to shoot the three men who attacked him. If I had been in the same position (as a soldier of twenty five years' regular service, and five years as a Reservist), I hope I would have had as much self control in the moments just prior to each of the shootings as this terrified 17 year old had.

I was always a proponent of "Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" especially after the murder of the two Signallers in Belfast, so if it had been me, I'd probably have done my best to kill every man within 20 metres of me and I wouldn't have worried too much about collateral damage. Rittenhouse fired shots only when directly attacked at point blank range, and actually hesitated when first faced with an attacker armed with a pistol, until he moved to attack.

For what it's worth I fully agree he shouldn't have been there, he was legally a minor and should have had no business tabbing around with a rifle even with the intention of "protecting property and saving lives" as he said. But he was there and considering his choices once under attack I don't believe he should be found guilty of murder.

No, I'm not. I've listened to the many predictions of these scientists over many years and none of them have come true.

They point to our unprecedented fire season (last summer in Oz). But there were earlier and bigger fires a hundred years ago. The real problem with bushfires is the lack of fuel management. The leftard greens have locked up the National Parks and stopped hazard reduction. They ignore expert advice and at least 2 Royal Commissions. The Aboriginals were managing the bush through fire for THOUSANDS of years.

Can you give examples of AGW?

I don’t need to. The effect of humans on the environment is the very well documented dominant paradigm in science right now.

How science works (apart from at the University of FaceBook, obviously) is that anyone can challenge the dominant paradigm through formulating and testing a hypothesis, in order to create a new theory that explains the data better than the existing one. Trump saying ‘don’t worry it’s going to get colder’* is not a valid example of the generation of a new theory.

Off you go...but watch out for arguing from incredulity or confirmation bias, because they’re not helping you.

* of course, when pressed, the Donald will probably claim he was simply saying ‘winter is coming’.

There's probably already a thread on climate change where people who want to debate that can take their argument and leave the rest of us here to laugh at the antics of spams.

What I find most astonishing about the military themed mountain of blubber is that there is enough of a market for kit that would fit him to for it to be worth making it.

endure

GCM
What I find most astonishing about the military themed mountain of blubber is that there is enough of a market for kit that would fit him to for it to be worth making it.

Army surplus tents...

On the other hand, if you got out of California then you wouldn't need to make the same money elsewhere? Money is only a tool to enable a desired quality-of-life after all.

To a point. It's not a direct correlation, as only some things change in price as you go around the US.
Housing, car operation, definitely more expensive in much of California. But your iphone or raincoat cost about the same. If you decide you want to do a big purchase, a VW Passat can be over 50% of the average salary in Texas, but under a third of the average salary in California. A holiday which costs a week's wages in CA can cost two weeks' wages in AL terms, and so on. As a result, although housing takes up a larger percentage of take-home pay in California, the remaining percentage actually goes a little bit further.

But, yes, especially when your income becomes more fixed no matter where you live (such as your pension), your get a better quality of life where it's cheaper, all other things being the same.

To a point. It's not a direct correlation, as only some things change in price as you go around the US.
Housing, car operation, definitely more expensive in much of California. But your iphone or raincoat cost about the same. If you decide you want to do a big purchase, a VW Passat can be over 50% of the average salary in Texas, but under a third of the average salary in California. A holiday which costs a week's wages in CA can cost two weeks' wages in AL terms, and so on. As a result, although housing takes up a larger percentage of take-home pay in California, the remaining percentage actually goes a little bit further.

But, yes, especially when your income becomes more fixed no matter where you live (such as your pension), your get a better quality of life where it's cheaper, all other things being the same.

My plan involves renting out my CA property(s) and living somewhere more affordable/conservative/quiet.

Funbaby

Old-Salt
On the other hand, if you got out of California then you wouldn't need to make the same money elsewhere? Money is only a tool to enable a desired quality-of-life after all.

Possibly. Depends on the cost of living / pay cut differential.

Sadly my wife’s credit card bills will probably remain constant regardless of our state of residence.

No, she's a biologist and mouthpiece for the IPA.

Shurley as a mouthpiece, one should imbibe IPA, preferably with some salty-flavoured snacks.

Latest Threads