America - its all a bit odd...

Don't forget that according to the Department of Agriculture in schools pizza is classed as a vegetable because of the tomato sauce.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I'd like to think you were joking, but with it being 'Murica ...

Don't forget that according to the Department of Agriculture in schools pizza is classed as a vegetable because of the tomato sauce.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I believe that story goes back to the Reagan administration. Apparently there was a law passed requiring American schools that provided meals to provide two vegetables. It was said that some authorities tried to get round that by classifying ketchup as a vegetable.

In better news on the heels of the White House active Shooter, one of 1st Helicopter Squadron Bell UH-1N was shot at, injuring a crewman. Said crewman went to hospital and later discharged.

Wonder If crew might be wishing they had a door Mounted gimpy like their Green Hornet brethren from the SE Asia days when the Bell UH-1P were flown.

cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for that. It should be ready by 2024 the article states. Hope I'll get a chance to use it when it comes online.

View attachment 496607
I said upstream but that was on the assumption the Detroit River flows into Lake St Clair and not the other way around.

As best I can work out on Google Maps it will run from Zug Island on the US side to the Canadian side (fairly obviously).

I said upstream but that was on the assumption the Detroit River flows into Lake St Clair and not the other way around.

As best I can work out on Google Maps it will run from Zug Island on the US side to the Canadian side (fairly obviously).
It's downstream. The Detroit River flows from Lake St. Clair to Lake Erie.

Interesting. Where is that bridge being built? :?
It's downstream from the existing bridge, on the south-west edge of Windsor. On the Canadian side there will be a new highway which is a direct extension of the 401 (the main highway through southern Ontario), and on the American side a direct connection to the I-75 (one of the main highways in the US). The highway connections in Canada will take a lot of traffic off Windsor's streets, as well as cutting air pollution there.

Here's an older map. The tunnel is out of frame to the right.

bridge.jpg

There will also be much improved customs clearance areas for freight.

Here's the 11km extension to the 401, the extension is known as the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway. Part of it is already open to traffic.

It's downstream from the existing bridge, on the south-west edge of Windsor. On the Canadian side there will be a new highway which is a direct extension of the 401 (the main highway through southern Ontario), and on the American side a direct connection to the I-75 (one of the main highways in the US). The highway connections in Canada will take a lot of traffic off Windsor's streets, as well as cutting air pollution there.

Here's an older map. The tunnel is out of frame to the right.

View attachment 496625

There will also be much improved customs clearance areas for freight.

Here's the 11km extension to the 401, the extension is known as the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway. Part of it is already open to traffic.
I've crossed the bridge from Detroit to the civilised world; the only time I've really been concerned for my security in the many visits I've made to the USA.

I've crossed the bridge from Detroit to the civilised world; the only time I've really been concerned for my security in the many visits I've made to the USA.
Not sure crossing the bridge into Windsor would be that much cause for concern :)

I'd be more relieved to be the fvck out of Detroit!

Not sure crossing the bridge into Windsor would be that much cause for concern :)

I'd be more relieved to be the fvck out of Detroit!
Could be worse, Getting chased off a Toronto beach by blood-soaked mongs wielding chainsaws!

Straight swap then?
The U.S. debt to China was $1.08 trillion in May 2020.
I would prefer the the US repay Canadians and other Loyalists for the property they confiscated. In the Treaty of Paris the US acknowledged the debts, but never paid up. I seem to recall the total as being, with interest, at least an order of magnitude greater than the one in question with respect to Chinese bonds.

The chances of getting dodgy revolutionary regimes to respect private property and to pay their acknowledged debts are not that great though when the regime in question is in Washington.

Just the lumberjacks annual summer family picnic, that was just the kids playing.
Two tattooed mongs got into a fight with some other people on the beach in Toronto and came out on the worst end of it. One of them looked like he'd gotten a bloody nose. They left and then returned with a pair of chainsaws to try to intimidate the others. Some people left. The police had already been called over the original fight, and they arrested the mongs. No one was injured except the mongs in the original fight. Reports on Twitter and other social media were apparently greatly exaggerated.

2 men seen carrying chainsaws at Cherry Beach arrested

Latest Threads