Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

I could understand her being arrested for the 'tramp stamps', but for wearing a bikini? The spirit of 1620 is alive and well in the 'Land of the Free'.

'
I'm so sorry you are constantly traumatized by events in the USA, snowflake

Is there any counseling you could get?

New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Could there be a high up political post coming up for grabs soon? - maybe Mayor of NYC perhaps? - and this is a ploy to get the BLM/woke/BAME(add whatever other acronym you want here) vote onside. or am I just being a cynical, curmudgeonly old Brit?

Could there be a high up political post coming up for grabs soon? - maybe Mayor of NYC perhaps? - and this is a ploy to get the BLM/woke/BAME(add whatever other acronym you want here) vote onside. or am I just being a cynical, curmudgeonly old Brit?
Isn't she an elected official, like all AGs are? Which is what gets me about the whole Septic system of law enforcement (although I am happy to be corrected). You don't appear to have to apply for a job, get interviewed and then selected to fill the post like the UK appears to do it, but you get elected into the position for a period then have to get re-elected to stay in post.

It just politicises the whole thing too much. Yes we may moan that the head of the Met only got her job because we suspect they were filling a minority box, but electing the head of the Met would lead to whoever kissed the most babies of colour and mouthed the popular slogans of the day getting the job.

Have I missed the point completely with the US system? If BLM are correct and they are being oppressed then why do so many police chiefs, AGs and Mayors at least appear to be POC?

New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA New York attorney general sues to dissolve NRA

Here's the CBC story on it:
NRA accused of 'brazen illegality' in lawsuit calling for it to be dissolved

Allegedly, large sums of money were stolen by the executives and the organisation is running with a large deficit. According to the charges, it's all the usual tricks. Executives signed off on each others expenses which do not meet the rules, lucrative contracts were awarded to themselves and relatives, money was kicked back to executives through contractors, claiming the tax advantages of a charitable organisation while not following the rules required for this, making false regulatory financial filings, etc. The sums of money in question are in the tens of millions. People on the inside who attempted to do something about it were forced out.

Allegedly the corruption is so pervasive that getting rid of a few top executives wouldn't solve the problem, as they would simply be replaced by people of the same ilk.

I don't know if they have substantial financial reserves, if not then they are in a deep hole.

The NRA are registered as a charitable organisation in New York, where they were founded in 1871. The District of Columbia (the DC in Washington DC) are also after the NRA's hide with respect to using money collected as "charitable donations" for non-charitable purposes.

The NRA are launching counter lawsuits, so I imagine this could drag out for some time, with the NRA's lawyers no doubt rubbing their hands in glee at all the billable time which will be accruing.

The New York Attorney General is elected. I suspect she wanted a big case to get the public to know how "woke" she is. She wanted to go after a non-profit.

The Clinton Foundation would have been an easier target given the flagrant use of private jets (Hillary won't fly commercial with common people) as during her camopaign she always added a minor foundation event in cities she need to campaign so the foundation could pick up the tab.

The Attorney General probably decided not to got after the Clintons as she had no desire to be another "suicide" statistic.

Unless the New York AG is outright lying, or her department have made a whopping mistake, there sounds like some truth in it.

Arrogance seems to me to run through the NRA probably from the top down. They won’t be the first or last organization to suffer greed and arrogance.

The New York Attorney General is elected. I suspect she wanted a big case to get the public to know how "woke" she is. She wanted to go after a non-profit.

The Clinton Foundation would have been an easier target given the flagrant use of private jets (Hillary won't fly commercial with common people) as during her camopaign she always added a minor foundation event in cities she need to campaign so the foundation could pick up the tab.

The Attorney General probably decided not to got after the Clintons as she had no desire to be another "suicide" statistic.

Oh whataboutery at its finest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless the New York AG is outright lying, or her department have made a whopping mistake, there sounds like some truth in it.

Arrogance seems to me to run through the NRA probably from the top down. They won’t be the first or last organization to suffer greed and arrogance.
According to the CBC story (see my post above), the charges against the NRA follow an 18 month investigation.

There was a huge internal battle in the NRA as some top people tried to get an independent review of expenses and operations. At the 2019 NRA annual meeting (according to Google this was in April 2019) the people trying for the independent review were forced out and the people named in the current investigation remained in control.

I suspect that what happened was that the New York attorney general became aware of the situation due to the above, and that when the insiders pushing for an audit got kicked out they either went to the New York attorney general with everything they knew or were contacted and asked to cooperate. The timing sounds about right for that, given the time for the preliminaries to the 2019 annual meeting and the time that has passed since.

If this is correct, then the New York attorney general probably has received information on what closets all the skeletons are hidden in. There may be plans for issuing criminal charges against individuals as well.

I suspect that the threats to dissolve the NRA are intended to prevent them from laying all the blame on a few scapegoats, firing them, and then trying to carry on as before. I am going to guess that the New York attorney general's plan involves getting a court to appoint an independent supervisor who can do a thorough house cleaning in management, recover as many (allegedly) stolen assets as possible, and then keep an eye on their operations for a good number of years to come.

One way of doing this by the way might actually involve dissolving the existing NRA, forming a new NRA with a new charter, transferring the mailing list and any remaining assets to the new NRA (assuming there are any assets as opposed to just debts), hiring the existing low level staff, appointing new managers, and leaving the current top level people to fight over the assets in the empty husk of the old NRA. The reason for doing this is that the top executives seem to have written themselves some very lucrative golden handshakes (a $17 million post-employment contract is one example) and consulting contracts for family members, and they won't give up that sort of money without a fight. Doing the equivalent of bankruptcy might let the "new" NRA walk away from all that.

Some truth in the NRA wasting millions.. Sure, its a billion dollar company.

Its money from members dues, supporter donations, products and probably some places i cant think off.. But the majority is from private members. How the AG thinks she is going to dissolve it... I dont get it.

Some truth in the NRA wasting millions.. Sure, its a billion dollar company.

Its money from members dues, supporter donations, products and probably some places i cant think off.. But the majority is from private members. How the AG thinks she is going to dissolve it... I dont get it.
She is just giving more ammunition to Trump. Less than 90 days from the election. Suit and counter suit for a lengthy legal procedure.

But this has to have the left screaming.

Latest Threads