Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America - its all a bit odd...

The "ammunition shortage" could also be just like the "toilet paper shortage". People heard there would be a shortage or thought that a shortage would occur, and so went out and bought up as much as they could, thus creating an actual shortage. Then when an actual shortage becomes evident, people started panic buying whatever they could get their hands on. The same thing could happen with firearms.

So this might mainly reflect panic buying by existing users rather than mainly people who didn't have guns going out and buying them.

Supplies for hand loading would probably be less affected by this sort of psychology, as people who hand load typically buy in bulk and so already keep a good sized stockpile and are therefore less subject to panic buying impulses. I suspect, going from what anecdotal evidence that I've seen, that people who hand load are also in an older demographic and less inclined to spend their time glued to Facebook and Twitter on their iPhones and so less exposed to people posting about shortages of either ammunition or toilet paper.

Well TBH honest mate I really don't know about elsewhere in the country, I do know that folks around here aren't stocking up (panic buying). As I said to Jonesy there, I phoned the local gun shop earlier today and they are okay for ammunition.

That will probably change though when they try placing their next order. Personally I'm not concerned as I have enough ammunition made to last a good long while.

Wow; how many generalised, prejudicial stereotypes can you cram into a couple of paragraphs!

'On Tuesday, during the early evening, the NYPD reached a new level of covert tactics. A broad coalition of leftists put together 24 hours of protests against the NYPD’s violent raid on the Abolition Park encampment last week and as a part of the larger protests against police brutality that have been happening globally for two months. The day of actions included a teach-in on abolition, lunch, and was supposed to end with a Revolutionary Rave. However, at the intersection of 2nd Avenue and 25th street, the police violently disrupted a peaceful march on its way to Madison Square Park for the scheduled meditation.

'Caught on video by several witnesses, a Trans femme protestor was violently grabbed off the street and thrown into an unmarked car. While protesters shouted for the police brutality to end, more officers on bikes came to aid the kidnapping, using their bikes to block protestors from helping their comrade. One particularly aggressive officer ran into the crowds screaming at the protestors to, “Get back!” with his hand on the holster of his weapon. In typical NYPD fashion, not a single officer can be seen wearing a mask properly during this close contact assault. Twelve protestors in total were arrested at the scene.'

What are you expecting from a web site called "LeftVoice"? I would also be careful about taking any of what they wrote literally, as the author could have just made all the details up from a standard template they use for these sorts of articles.

Note the modern revolutionary keywords:

List 'A' - "The People".
  • a broad coalition of leftists
  • encampment
  • globally
  • actions
  • teach-in
  • abolition
  • Revolutionary Rave
  • peaceful march
  • trans femme

List 'B' - "The Authorities".
  • police violence
  • police weapon
  • police brutality
  • police covert tactics
  • aggression/aggressive
  • close contact assault
  • protestors arrested
"Comrade, there's a protest down at the corner of 2nd Avenue and 25th Street. We need an article on police brutality. Nothing fancy, just usual." As a writer for a far left blog,
your job is to weave as many words as possible from lists A and B into a story and to get it on the Internet and Tweet about it as quickly as possible in order to establish your narrative in the blogo-sphere before the bourgeois press can get their story out.

More importantly however, what were you doing reading a website called "LeftVoice"? Well, citizen?

What is your point?
That there are pricks in all countries? Who knows? I don't think people getting aggressive towards fast food workers is confined to the US, however.

To add - the angry specimen in the video was soon afterwards identified (Austin Addison) and fired from his job.

I could understand her being arrested for the 'tramp stamps', but for wearing a bikini? The spirit of 1620 is alive and well in the 'Land of the Free'.

'A woman in the US has been handcuffed and detained at a beach for wearing a G-string bikini in breach of local laws.

'Sam Panda, an acrobat who made headlines in 2017 for breaking her neck in a horror performing accident in Bali, shared video on Facebook of her being “rushed, aggressively grabbed, manhandled, and cuffed” by police at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina on Sunday. Ms Panda wrote on Facebook that a woman had called the police on her for wearing a skimpy two piece at the popular swimming spot.

'Myrtle Beach’s local government has laws in place banning public nudity, with one ordinance stating it is illegal to wear any clothing that exposes “human male or female genitals, pubic area, pubic hair, buttocks, anus, vulva or any portion of the female breast at or below the areola thereof”.

'Police arrived at the beach after receiving report of a two women wearing a “see-through top” and G-string bikinis who were “dancing and soliciting videos on the beach”, Fox 8 reports. According to Myrtle Beach authorities, police officers spoke to both women about the ordinances on nudity. “One of the women attempted to walk away from officers and was detained,” police said in a statement. Video posted by Ms Panda showed her being handcuffed, with a police officer confirming she was being detained “because of the way she was acting”.'

I could understand her being arrested for the 'tramp stamps', but for wearing a bikini? The spirit of 1620 is alive and well in the 'Land of the Free'.

'A woman in the US has been handcuffed and detained at a beach for wearing a G-string bikini in breach of local laws.

'Sam Panda, an acrobat who made headlines in 2017 for breaking her neck in a horror performing accident in Bali, shared video on Facebook of her being “rushed, aggressively grabbed, manhandled, and cuffed” by police at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina on Sunday. Ms Panda wrote on Facebook that a woman had called the police on her for wearing a skimpy two piece at the popular swimming spot.

'Myrtle Beach’s local government has laws in place banning public nudity, with one ordinance stating it is illegal to wear any clothing that exposes “human male or female genitals, pubic area, pubic hair, buttocks, anus, vulva or any portion of the female breast at or below the areola thereof”.

'Police arrived at the beach after receiving report of a two women wearing a “see-through top” and G-string bikinis who were “dancing and soliciting videos on the beach”, Fox 8 reports. According to Myrtle Beach authorities, police officers spoke to both women about the ordinances on nudity. “One of the women attempted to walk away from officers and was detained,” police said in a statement. Video posted by Ms Panda showed her being handcuffed, with a police officer confirming she was being detained “because of the way she was acting”.'

Of course I just had to click on the link to check the accuracy ...……… oh crap, ok, to see if there were any piccies.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer

If them's the local rules...

I think she was arrested for being daft with the police rather than having her arrse hanging in the breeze.

I think she was arrested for being daft with the police rather than having her arrse hanging in the breeze.

Agreed, the headline should have read 'Woman detained while wearing skimpy bikini', but the whole matter would have not occurred if a/ she'd obeyed the local 'public indecency' law and b/ someone hadn't felt the Puritan need to dob her in.

Sam Panda?

Did she complain that the police had beaten her till she was black and white?

What about the bog roll? Am I expected to build a paper mill in the back garden?

Get a democrat to lick off your clagnuts. They like that kind of thing and will probably pay top dollar.

We have the one in the house and a garage freezer already. I looked at another, but the propane smoker seems a more ideal way to prepare food year round. Will also work in any emergency situation, and allow me to grill and smoke meat at the same time if needed. Besides it gives me an excuse to break out the lawn chair and a bottle and just kick back.

I need to smoke more jerky instead of turning all the venison and antelope into breakfast sausage and hamburger.

Smoke? No wonder it tastes like shit. Check the interwebthang for biltong recipes, chuck a dash of Worcestershire sauce in the cure and Bob's a deceased tinpot dictator.

Latest Threads