America - its all a bit odd...

Sometimes it's difficult to know whether to laugh or cry. You can take a horse to water . . .

Richard seems to think the COVID pandemic is all a big hoax.
covid death (2).png

Unfortunately it isn't a hoax at all but is deadly serious.
covid death (3).png

And catching COVID can affect your health very badly.
covid death (4).png

Very badly indeed:
covid death (5).png

Maybe it is not the hoax he thought it was.

Sometimes it's difficult to know whether to laugh or cry. You can take a horse to water . . .

View attachment 489400

View attachment 489401

View attachment 489402

Very badly indeed:
View attachment 489403

I would like to say "Welcome to the real world" Unfortunately something else will be saying " Welcome to the next world" have a nice eternity Mr Rose.

It works both ways. Example: my second son visits the USA annually, and has done so for the last 6 years, spending 2-3 weeks seeing the sights, and enjoying the hospitality, he loves the country and everyone he has come into contact with, but what really tires him, was the often asked question, " So you are from london, do you know the queen YES OF COURSE - I have family there, name of xxxxxx, have you met them YES, THEY'RE DISGUSTING PERVERTS, SHUNNED BY ALL etc, it seems that some Americans think that as the UK fits into Texas several times, every one in the UK is related, live in small community's, and knows every one else,.......... perceptions.
See above.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Agreed about Washington state. The views as you drive on US Route 2, heading east towards Stevens Pass will stay with me for a long time. I can't wait for the virus to disappear so I can head back and stay with friends.

Snoqualmie Falls in full flow is an amazing sight too.
Did you eat at the lodge when visiting the falls? Their Sunday brunch is amazing.

Ritch

LE
Did you eat at the lodge when visiting the falls? Their Sunday brunch is amazing.
I didn't get the chance to as I had to get back to near Monroe and pack for my flight home but the next time I go back, I plan to eat there.

View attachment 489400

View attachment 489401

View attachment 489402

Very badly indeed:
View attachment 489403

THE GOOD NEWS, MR ROSE, IS THAT YOU WON’T BE NEEDING THAT MASK ANYMORE...

Matty Maroun has died. I wouldn't personally wish ill on anyone, but I suspect there's more than a few people on both sides of the US-Canada border who feel some satisfaction at this.
Self-made billionaire and owner of the Ambassador Bridge dies at 93

Maroun's corruption and complete contempt for the law allowed him to hold a malign influence over Detroit and Michigan while also making him a very wealthy man.

Here's a typical example of his dealings.

Canadians know him from his using his political influence in Michigan and Washington to maintain a private monopoly over the main border crossing between the US and Canada, one of the most valuable in the world in terms of the amount of international trade which flows through it. That monopoly is being broken by a new bridge being built by Canada, after years of rear-guard delay action by Maroun's legions of lawyers in the American courts.

Matty Maroun has at least one son who appears to be cast from the same mould, so the Maroun influence in Michigan isn't at an end just yet.

Last edited:

Azul_R

Clanker
...- I have family there, name of xxxxxx, have you met them etc, it seems that some Americans think that as the UK fits into Texas several times, every one in the UK is related, live in small community's, and knows every one else,.......... perceptions.
A rather delayed reply here to say that it sometimes works.

Some decades ago, when we were living in Florida and expecting our first, the receptionist at the gynaecologist's office said they had a nurse with relatives in England who would probably like to just chat with us. After a few rounds of gradually homing in from London to North London to Tottenham to near Seven Sisters, it finally ended up that their cousin was my wife's old next door neighbor.

We changed to a different ob/gyn when expecting our second (this as we were a bit savvier about what hospital we wanted to go to). The receptionist at the new place said that they had a nurse who had relatives in England who would probably like to talk to us... We nodded along, but it again went from London to North London to Tottenham to near Seven Sisters. Couldn't quite beat the first one, but this time the relative in the UK was a friend of my sister in law.

The universe might have been trying to tell us something but I'm not sure what.

Moved to Aus, got new neighbours, chatted to her a couple of weeks after them moved in and detected a familiar accent. I enquired where she was from, first off got "the UK". Very good, which bit? "The borders", which finally got to Hawick.

Asked what they were doing over in Aus, turns out hubbie is a crab on exchange, turns out hubby and I worked on the same base, on different sections, and vaguely remembered each other from respective guard shifts on the main gate.

This is not just limited to the States, but what is odd is some people being so het up about face masks that they are willing so stab someone else and also get shot for.

But oddball or not, RIP to someone who obviously had issues.

A rather delayed reply here to say that it sometimes works.

Some decades ago, when we were living in Florida and expecting our first, the receptionist at the gynaecologist's office said they had a nurse with relatives in England who would probably like to just chat with us. After a few rounds of gradually homing in from London to North London to Tottenham to near Seven Sisters, it finally ended up that their cousin was my wife's old next door neighbor.

We changed to a different ob/gyn when expecting our second (this as we were a bit savvier about what hospital we wanted to go to). The receptionist at the new place said that they had a nurse who had relatives in England who would probably like to talk to us... We nodded along, but it again went from London to North London to Tottenham to near Seven Sisters. Couldn't quite beat the first one, but this time the relative in the UK was a friend of my sister in law.

That gynaecologists’ nurses know a lot of Cnuts?

The Lincoln Project is run by Republicans. They target Trump. They put the ads on when they know he watches tv and he reacts, as they expect. He lashes out on Twitter and the ads go viral. One of the organisers of the project is the husband of Kelly Ann Conway, the Trump advisor who reckons Trump was sent by God.
Republicans? More like Russian swamp scumbags and RINOS.

Moved to Aus, got new neighbours, chatted to her a couple of weeks after them moved in and detected a familiar accent. I enquired where she was from, first off got "the UK". Very good, which bit? "The borders", which finally got to Hawick.

Asked what they were doing over in Aus, turns out hubbie is a crab on exchange, turns out hubby and I worked on the same base, on different sections, and vaguely remembered each other from respective guard shifts on the main gate.
!2-15 years ago we were on holiday in Montana. Travelling around B+B places generally. One place we stopped at I was looking through the visitors book and spotted the name of a bloke who used to work in the same office. He'd been there a week before us. He was a bit, (OK, a lot), of a twat. Glad we didn't bump into him.

View attachment 491444View attachment 491445

Nothing like watching ball bearing to ping pong sized hail in the evening. With a bit of rain to go with it.
If there is a god he must really hate Wyoming for some reason.

Meanwhile up here in the mountains among the pure of heart it's a beautiful day with temps in the low 70's, it's just right for me

Oh dear, turns out that the had of an NYPD union is another one of those Qanon loons: Head of NYPD union gives Fox News interview with QAnon mug in background .

What is it about the American right wing that makes them so susceptible to this sort of delusion?
LOL hardly just the US RW, US LW has their own

Bush 43 reinstating the draft in 2004 after the election ONLY for college students was great

Bush 43 executing 5000 in the bayous after katrina

Bush 43 to declare Martial law to not leave office in 2009(Also said of Reagan in 89, Bush 41 in 93,

Bush 43 hiding 10K dead G.I.'s from the public

Bush 43 hid nuclear detonation in Iraq at US Base

Bush 41 & 43 FEMA Death camps (later recycled to Clinton and Obama death camps)

Bush did 9-11 Attacks

Latest Threads