America - its all a bit odd...

Not really:

" assuming the selection is done correctly and the question is not loaded. "
Same question is unlikely to elicit similar reactions in those disparate areas, unless it's something universal.

Selecting correctly would tend to remove the random factor and introduce a bias, no? What would be the criteria for selection?

Same question is unlikely to elicit similar reactions in those disparate areas, unless it's something universal.

Selecting correctly would tend to remove the random factor and introduce a bias, no? What would be the criteria for selection?
I believe the selection process is supposed to ensure a wide variety of ages, classes etc. is represented in the poll.

But back to your original point, if you've selected the survey group to provide wide representation and the question to avoid bias, then it should be as fair as it can be.

Of course, both these factors can be abused if you want to prove a point, but then that's lies and statistics.

Neither has Biden...
... yet. Which considering he's never previously won the Democrat nomination, so has never actually run for President, is hardly surprising. Reading about him in George Packer's 'The Unwinding: an Inner History of the New America', Biden seems an utterly odious individual, so a contest between him and Trump will be like deciding whether you'd prefer syphilis or gonorrhoea: not a pleasant choice. If Trump and Biden are the best the USA can find, you're fecked.

Last edited:
... yet. Which considering he's never previously won the Democrat nomination, so has never actually run for President, is hardly surprising. Reading about him in George Packer's 'The Unwinding: an Inner History of the New America', Biden seems an utterly odious individual, so a contest between him and Trump will be like deciding whether you'd prefer syphilis or gonorrhoea: not a pleasant choice. If Trump and Biden are the best the USA can find, you're fecked.
I have a copy on my bookshelf; an outstanding book, which I recommend to any arrser.

Even first world countries have events like random stabbings that result in three people dying. Funny how bad apples manage to turn up in the damnedest places, and randomly commit violence. The difference is that some countries allow their citizens the ability to possess firearms to legally defend themselves and family, because LE can't be everywhere 24/7. All it takes is a few seconds to ruin your day.
Better off with a Narwhal tusk. Or even better, that fire extinguisher-:dual purpose.

“They murdered him. Shot him in his back walking down the street. Oh they told them to freeze, ok put your hands up. And they did, and they shot him trying to put his phone in his pocket,” said Deseanae Wells, the victim’s cousin.

Yeah right, he was also probably a good boy who loved his Moma and was going to start college soon as well. Also why in hells teeth are the media calling this POS a victim when he's anything but.

When the Detroit Chief of Police was giving his Statement one of the reporters asked if the Police couldn't have used less lethal methods. Here is the story with body cam footage.

They must have done a hell of a job making the trigger lighter then. I've fired a fair few percussion revolvers in my time and the trigger pull on them was horrendous.

They must have done a hell of a job making the trigger lighter then. I've fired a fair few percussion revolvers in my time and the trigger pull on them was horrendous.
Trigger pull depends on which manufacturer, my modern Pedersoli has a very light trigger, my antiques are a mixture of heavy Remy NMAs and lightish Colts. Still it's only a patent, there is no mention of whether it actually worked or not

“They murdered him. Shot him in his back walking down the street. Oh they told them to freeze, ok put your hands up. And they did, and they shot him trying to put his phone in his pocket,” said Deseanae Wells, the victim’s cousin.

Yeah right, he was also probably a good boy who loved his Moma and was going to start college soon as well. Also why in hells teeth are the media calling this POS a victim when he's anything but.

When the Detroit Chief of Police was giving his Statement one of the reporters asked if the Police couldn't have used less lethal methods. Here is the story with body cam footage.

The Met Police should release body cam footage.

Latest Threads