America - its all a bit odd...

This is a military forum. There's more chance of an American on this forum being a firearms owner than not.
This is a British military forum, being military doesn’t mean you need to own a firearm, well in this country.

Indeed, and it appears everybody is feeling a little frisky. But one would also have to realize that when you throw down the gauntlet, somebody will answer the call.
Have you been watching John Wayne all weekend?

Indeed, and it appears everybody is feeling a little frisky. But one would also have to realize that when you throw down the gauntlet, somebody will answer the call.
You're telling me the leader of the black militia refers to himself as the Grand Master?

Outstanding.

I just looked in Google and it's in the mainstream media. The first of these two links has the most information.

Armed Black Demonstrators Challenge White Supremacist Militia in Georgia's Stone Mountain Park

They apparently want the Confederate monument in the park destroyed.

Apparently far right white groups use the park as a meeting place, so these black protesters basically see this as challenging them on their home turf.

It's not a revolution kicking off, but it looks like there's more than one side of the argument in the US who are capable of putting on armed shows of strength.
For once, they actually seemed to be a well-regulated militia.

In Eastern Johannesburg slang, "tappet"means stupid beyond redemption. Looks like you were here at some time.
Fan-dabby-dozy.

I wouldn't bother going to a third-world nation like South Africa. It apparently ranks as the 7th highest developed nation in Africa (beaten even by Libya) - an accomplishment as worthy as being third best at spelling in a special needs class.

You're making capital and points-scoring out of the killing of an 8 year old child. That's a really good look.:rolleyes:

Rather like George Floyd, why should I care about a dead child whom I never knew dying on the other side of the world?

'I HAVE RIGHTS!'

Stupidity is not just an American thing. Wherever you find people you will find the terminally stupid as well.

Serious question, how much time do you spend on the internet looking for the America bad $h!t that you post?

This is a British military forum, being military doesn’t mean you need to own a firearm, well in this country.
There are a fair few naturalized Americans who post on here who are ex British military. We don't own firearms because we are ex military or need them because we are ex military, we own them because we can and we enjoy target shooting and may well use them for hunting as well.

On the self defence issue, where I live it's not people I have to look out for, it's things such as bears, mountain lions and wolves. The only time I have a firearm handy is when I'm out in the woods or working around the property.

There are a fair few naturalized Americans who post on here who are ex British military. We don't own firearms because we are ex military or need them because we are ex military, we own them because we can and we enjoy target shooting and may well use them for hunting as well.

On the self defence issue, where I live it's not people I have to look out for, it's things such as bears, mountain lions and wolves. The only time I have a firearm handy is when I'm out in the woods or working around the property.
Like I said I’d own a firearm if I lived in USA, the ex pats, that post in here are on a whole come across as everyone else however there is one who is über extreme in his blinkered views, makes JJH seem moderate.

top tip: stop shooting each other shoot things trying to eat you

Exactly - and where I live its the 2 legged animals we need our firearms for.. As well as target/sport/hunting.

top tip: stop shooting each other shoot things trying to eat you
Top tip: Do a little research and know wtf you're writing about before you hit the quote and reply button.

Latest Threads