America - its all a bit odd...

Not as in Ralph Lauren, as in “polo shirt” or “golf shirt” or “tennis shirt”. You mong :)
Starchy.... then irony.... bloody sprogs.

Iron a golf shirt? You weren’t an SSM by any chance? :)
Inside out, spray away and thus no white flakes.... no, I was not an SSM, but I could look at one on monday morning parade and find him wanting. And I detest golfers, what is WRONG with them people... Donald Trump, I rest my case. Golf links..... snipers paradise though.... they even put little flags up so you can adjust for wind.

Not that I'm inferring anything or it's 3 years too late.

Last edited:
Inside out, spray away and thus no white flakes.... no, I was not an SSM, but I could look at one on monday morning parade and find him wanting. And I detest golfers, what is WRONG with them people... Donald Trump, I rest my case. Golf links..... snipers paradise though.... they even put little flags up so you can adjust for wind.

Not that I'm inferring anything or it's 3 years too late.
I can shoot a lot straighter with a rifle than a 3-wood :)

I can shoot a lot straighter with a rifle than a 3-wood :)
I had to work with people like you....... chipping golf balls into an umbrella for morning NAAFI break is just not normal.

Last edited:
I had to work with people like you....... chipping golf balls into an umbrella for morning NAAFI break.
Üben macht den Meister...

Although I‘ve never done the umbrella thing. Mind you, I’d expect the golfers were sneering down their noses back at the dîckhead sneering at them.

Üben macht den Meister...

Although I‘ve never done the umbrella thing. Mind you, I’d expect the golfers were sneering down their noses back at the dîckhead sneering at them.
Well, they seriously didn't like when the conversation got round to 10 pin bowling... I mean I think a Brooklyn is just a lucky shot..... nobody in their right mind would deliberatly bowl for one.

Last edited:
Should play hell with the 256th Brigade Combat team the brigade traces it roots to the Confederate Army's Louisiana Tigers
8) Easy - if they're so proud of their connection to traitors, just change it to a White Flag for historical accuracy. 8)

Round here, the whole "no fingerbowls at the dinner table thing" in certain Scottish regiments wasn't a thing of pride ( and AIUI, the HAC and others weren't rebel scum, they just backed the wrong side in a faction fight)

8) Easy - if they're so proud of their connection to traitors, just change it to a White Flag for historical accuracy. 8)

Round here, the whole "no fingerbowls at the dinner table thing" in certain Scottish regiments wasn't a thing of pride ( and AIUI, the HAC and others weren't rebel scum, they just backed the wrong side in a faction fight)
Hmm, sorta like the scots then

ABNredleg

War Hero
Should play hell with the 256th Brigade Combat team

the brigade traces it roots to the Confederate Army's Louisiana Tigers
fleur de lis should be fine since they're French and people don't associate them with the Confederacy - my regiment has them on their crest from service in France in WWI. They can't abolish blue and gray since that would severely hamper their fashion choices.

1593745188094.png

I thought the finger bowl ban was to stop the Scots thinking it was soup?

No we don’t, because the majority of ARRSErs live in the UK, and we’ll get Brand names on everything. It’s not a Polo, it’s a Fred Perry. It’s not Jeans, it’s Levis. Fine for the UK or elsewhere, but I don’t want that false snobbery here.
Hey why not? they could also do curtains, pastel colours and soft furnishings as well. :grin:

Another fine example of an emotionally-stable member of the polite society in action.

polite.jpg

'A woman and her husband have been arrested after she pulled a gun on an African-American woman and her teenage daughter in the car park of a fast food restaurant in the US.

'A video of the woman drawing her gun went viral on social media drawing accusations of racism. The group got into an argument after bumping into one another at a Chipotle restaurant in Oakland County, Michigan on Wednesday.

'Jillian Wuestenberg and her husband Eric have now been arrested and charged with felonious assault over the incident. The charges carry a maximum sentence of four years in prison if they are found guilty. The husband has also been sacked from his job at an Oakland university, where he worked in veterans support services. The University said in a statement it had seen the video and deemed it “unacceptable”.

'Before the heated incident, Ms Wuestenberg reportedly jumped out of her car and bumped into Takelia Hill’s teen daughter, Makayla Green prompting Ms Hill to ask for an apology. Ms Wuestenberg then began yelling. After an argument that wasn’t caught on camera, Ms Wuestenberg then allegedly pulled a gun on Ms Hill and Ms Green.'

Another fine example of an emotionally-stable member of the polite society in action.

View attachment 486743

'A woman and her husband have been arrested after she pulled a gun on an African-American woman and her teenage daughter in the car park of a fast food restaurant in the US.

'A video of the woman drawing her gun went viral on social media drawing accusations of racism. The group got into an argument after bumping into one another at a Chipotle restaurant in Oakland County, Michigan on Wednesday.

'Jillian Wuestenberg and her husband Eric have now been arrested and charged with felonious assault over the incident. The charges carry a maximum sentence of four years in prison if they are found guilty. The husband has also been sacked from his job at an Oakland university, where he worked in veterans support services. The University said in a statement it had seen the video and deemed it “unacceptable”.

'Before the heated incident, Ms Wuestenberg reportedly jumped out of her car and bumped into Takelia Hill’s teen daughter, Makayla Green prompting Ms Hill to ask for an apology. Ms Wuestenberg then began yelling. After an argument that wasn’t caught on camera, Ms Wuestenberg then allegedly pulled a gun on Ms Hill and Ms Green.'

deranged entitled woman with a gun in public, what could possibly go wrong?

Subscription required.
I suspect it had to do with this.

_113215707_img_7269.jpg

'The song is catchy - a classic country and western. A gentle southern twang croons out a chorus. Like many TikTok clips, the user has added music and effects to their video. This is not a normal TikTok vid though.

'First of all, the username clearly contains a homophobic reference. Second, the man is holding a massive assault rifle. "Roll Call: who is a boog boi in Colorado. See who are friends are," is the message. Welcome to TikTok, a place designed for fun and dancing that has a dark underbelly. The video is referring to the Boogaloo Bois, perhaps the most troubling movement to have emerged in the US recently.

'It's hard to describe the group succinctly. Broadly it is an extremist, libertarian militia that is deeply distrustful of government and prepared for a civil war. They are almost always heavily armed.'

Latest Threads