America - its all a bit odd...

endure

GCM

I suppose that given their addiction to 'freedom' they think they ought to be at the front of the queue.
What a bunch of c*nts...

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Given that remdesivir and the company which makes it [ Gilead ] were being talked about on this very forum three months ago - who do you think has bought a major stock option in Gilead recently?

Half of the Trump administration at a guess......

Is this guy now going to be turned into a meme the same as that poor cat who is forever being yelled at by that Woke cnut? :? Look at the awesomeness of his trigger discipline. The mob was trespassing on private land in a gated community and they didn't belong there.

I suppose that given their addiction to 'freedom' they think they ought to be at the front of the queue.
What a bunch of c*nts...
The Americans are welcome to add remdesivir to their stockpile of choraquine, because so far there's no solid evidence that it's any more effective against COVID-19 than the latter was, and it also has serious side effects.

The drug that is showing promise as a treatment is dexamethasone, which according to studies in the UK is actually effective at reducing the number of deaths. It's also cheap, widely available, and doctors are very familiar with it.

To add to the advantages of dexamethasone, if I recall correctly it costs pennies per dose while remdesivir costs more than $500 per dose.

The two drugs were mentioned in a video on the COVID-19 thread. Here's the video again, with the relevant part starting at 16:20
The scientist and doctor wasn't all that impressed with remdesivir, but thought that dexamethasone provided a significant advance in treatment.

In addition to the above bit, I would recommend watching the entire video if you haven't already. Here's the post where it was originally posted.

So the Americans have bought up the total supply of remdesivir? It's been tried as a treatment for all sorts of various diseases such as Ebola, Mers, and now COVID-19, and I'm not aware of any solid evidence so far that it actually does much to help patients (as opposed to the shareholders of the company that is promoting it). I'm not sure why anyone is going to really care whether its available or not.

look, if your too stupid to spot american style vote rigging systems.... prehaps we will remove you from the voting register... or i can make you wait for soooooooooooooooooo long to exercise your right to vote.
Or find out you have been Gerrymanded.......... Thats 3% Mr soon to be Ex President.
Mans a fcuktard... would hot have got through basic training... and would have not lasted 5 minutes in a regiment.

Last edited:
November landslide to the blue lardbeast.... wish they had decided or more conventional colours in 72.

Last edited:
The Americans are welcome to add remdesivir to their stockpile of choraquine, because so far there's no solid evidence that it's any more effective against COVID-19 than the latter was, and it also has serious side effects.

The drug that is showing promise as a treatment is dexamethasone, which according to studies in the UK is actually effective at reducing the number of deaths. It's also cheap, widely available, and doctors are very familiar with it.

To add to the advantages of dexamethasone, if I recall correctly it costs pennies per dose while remdesivir costs more than $500 per dose.

The two drugs were mentioned in a video on the COVID-19 thread. Here's the video again, with the relevant part starting at 16:20
The scientist and doctor wasn't all that impressed with remdesivir, but thought that dexamethasone provided a significant advance in treatment.

In addition to the above bit, I would recommend watching the entire video if you haven't already. Here's the post where it was originally posted.

So the Americans have bought up the total supply of remdesivir? It's been tried as a treatment for all sorts of various diseases such as Ebola, Mers, and now COVID-19, and I'm not aware of any solid evidence so far that it actually does much to help patients (as opposed to the shareholders of the company that is promoting it). I'm not sure why anyone is going to really care whether its available or not.
Yes, all this has done is expose a 'f*ck you Jack' attitude to friends and allies, who are becoming less and less likely to look to the USA for any sort of leadership, other than in a race to the bottom.

Yes, all this has done is expose a 'f*ck you Jack' attitude to friends and allies, who are becoming less and less likely to look to the USA for any sort of leadership, other than in a race to the bottom.
follow the money, follow the money.

hands up how many Congresscritters and Republican donors are going to make a killing out of this.

if you can't see reality lardbeast.... the rest of the world can.

philc

LE
I will ask here as this seems the go to place on all things USA.

This situation in Seattle, so a group of protesters battled the local police for weeks until the Mayor ordered the Police to abandon the Police Station board it up and leave the area to the protesters to patrol, run and for want of a better word administer. This area is known as CHOP.

The protesters are a collective of far left, BLM, LBQT and some other letters in the alphabet. They been in charge of security with patrols of armed guards.

Now in the short space this collective have been in charge of CHOP two people have been shot dead, one a 16 year old black boy. Which must do wonders for BLM. It looks like the latest shooting was more execution then cover up. Which is exactly what started BLM.

Donald has asked the Mayor to send in the National Guard to restore order and the Mayor has said its none of his business.

So we are a stalemate.

Am I missing any thing?

America, its all a bit odd.

I will ask here as this seems the go to place on all things USA.

This situation in Seattle, so a group of protesters battled the local police for weeks until the Mayor ordered the Police to abandon the Police Station board it up and leave the area to the protesters to patrol, run and for want of a better word administer. This area is known as CHOP.

The protesters are a collective of far left, BLM, LBQT and some other letters in the alphabet. They been in charge of security with patrols of armed guards.

Now in the short space this collective have been in charge of CHOP two people have been shot dead, one a 16 year old black boy. Which must do wonders for BLM. It looks like the latest shooting was more execution then cover up. Which is exactly what started BLM.

Donald has asked the Mayor to send in the National Guard to restore order and the Mayor has said its none of his business.

So we are a stalemate.

Am I missing any thing?

America, its all a bit odd.
America is in an ideological civil war with a recession and pandemic to deal with. It has been a sporty year.

Grobnob

Swinger
I am currently on my 25th visit (work and holiday) to the USA. While I have had a lot of great memories, it is still a deeply weird country with a lot of things that I just dont get. I thought I would capture a few to see of any ARRSERS could make sense of it all.

Very public toilets...
There is no such thing as a private satisfying shit in the USA. Every public loo stall seems to have enormous gaps between the floor and stall, and between door and stall that leaves nothing to the imagination.

You walk in and get to make eye contact with all your fellow toilet users, who often feel obliged to say hello. Why cant a man take a shit in privacy?

This is before we get to the appalling state of public toilets, which look and smell like a dirty protest cell. Americans make British toilets look serene and sophisticated.

No road signs
You drive down a road, usually a freeway and are waiting to make a turn off. Unlike the UK where things are signed up and clear, there is one tiny sign on the junction without warning. Driving here involves a lot of u turns, swearing and getting very lost - even with a GPS.

Land of the free (except for all the rules)
Go to any site, official location, shop and there are always rules telling you what you can and cannot do. The whole country is insanely germanic in the way in expressly nags and bollocks people to follow the rules. Everywhere you go there are instructions, and it feels like you cannot breathe without following the rulebook. The worst part is everyone follows the rules without question no matter how mad they are.

Third World Public Transport
I defy anyone to get on a US public transport system and not look around and wonder if they are actually in the third world country of nambia.

Decrepit stations, no information (staff follow rules saying do not ask for help). Trains dirty, slow and full of weird people. Stations designed as an example of what the world will be like when trologdytes rule the earth (hello Penn Station).

Adverts with tv shows
Last night a local TV channel showed a batman film. It started at 8pm and finiahed at midnight - to show a barely 2hr long film. It was adverts at a 1:1 ratio to film.

The adverts are awful - medical ones show images of elderly people with loving families talking about wonder drug X saving their lide. Then there is 2-3 minutes of film footage while the side effects of drug X, usually including 'death' get read out.

Cult like self belief
An isolated country led by a remote despotic figure with nuclear weapons. Kids indoctrinated from birth to belive they live in paradise, visible and very scary levels of patriotism on display and a sense that anyone who questions it is a threat. Sometimes its hard to tell DPRK and USA apart...

Look, I love this country but my god its mad out here.
The Filthy Heathens ! Can't a man **** is privacy ?
unnamed.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nazi shoots woman in back

I can't wait to see this one defended, I am guessing it was his property, we didn't shoot Nazis in WWII so people could disrespect their flag or some such.

Latest Threads