America - its all a bit odd...

That is upsetting, we had to wear our masks for 3.5 hours on our flight two weeks ago......
But he is wearing his mask; just not where it will do any good against the airborne ingestion of COVID-19. To stop that, he's wearing his MAGA baseball cap, which provides immunity from most things (including the need to think, or have any consideration for other members of the polite society).

But he is wearing his mask; just not where it will do any good against the airborne ingestion of COVID-19. To stop that, he's wearing his MAGA baseball cap, which provides immunity from most things (including the need to think).
You know that is one thing I can say I have never owned. The Red Cap, never could bother to get one.
But the flight attendants should have ripped him a new one.

I must say that baseball is really quite a straightforward game, with a few tactics thrown in here and there. Not confusing though.

NFL used to be mystifying to me, but the more I have seen, the clearer it has become. Now that I finally understand it (TBH probably only a fraction of all the nuances) it is quite an enjoyable thing to watch, although the highlights are vastly preferable to a full-length game.
The one thing that watching the highlights doesn’t convey though, is the sense of urgency (or obfuscation, depending on winning/losing position) as the clock ticks down.

In 2016, we (Tennessee) were playing Georgia (in Georgia) and Georgia scored and took the lead with 10 seconds left on the clock. We went from elation to deflation in that short time, while their stadium erupted in a sea of red cheers. But it didn’t last very long, on the 0-second restart, our QB threw a Hail Mary (basically threw the ball half the length of the field into the end zone) and lo and behold, our receiver caught it. Cue Orange cheers and red tears :)

It so happened I was in Atlanta airport the following day, and unthinkingly wore an orange Tennessee shirt. Got some mighty evil looks :)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
oh dearie me.....Yer Man is going to ban everything Yurpean in response to this:

The Canadians will be in Europe this summer, and the Thais and the Moroccans. You might bump into a Rwandan, and no doubt Aussie backpackers will give it a go. If Beijing reciprocates on border openings, Chinese travelers could be on their way, too.

But if you live in the European Union, you probably won’t be running into American tourists. The bloc is expected to agree on Tuesday that Yanks will be barred from its member states as the US fights a Covid-19 resurgence.

The move will highlight the failed US effort to suppress the coronavirus pandemic: Charts of new confirmed coronavirus cases on each side of the Atlantic are moving in exactly the opposite direction. Europe’s openings could still have the same painful effect that they did in states like Florida, Texas and Arizona. But European states generally imposed earlier, tighter lockdowns than in the US, and mask wearing is not the polarized issue it is here.

If it comes, the EU ruling will be another personal embarrassment to President Donald Trump over his botched management of the pandemic. The President often explodes at perceived slights. But since he’s pretty much ignoring the Covid-19 crisis in the US, he might let this one slide. Plus, as the White House has already pointed out, European entry into the US is already suspended.

No-shows by US tourists will hurt the shuttered European tourism industry. Millions bring their dollars across the Atlantic every year, drawn by the continent’s history, cuisine and ambience. Italy, France, Germany and Spain welcome the most Americans, according to EU data. But until the two-way flow between the Old and New Worlds is restored, the murmur of admiring visitors in Europe's cathedrals and museums will be missing that certain je ne sais quoi of the overheard American twang.

See you next year, hopefully.

endure

GCM
Texans being twats...

nomask.jpg

oh dearie me.....Yer Man is going to ban everything Yurpean in response to this:

The Canadians will be in Europe this summer, and the Thais and the Moroccans. You might bump into a Rwandan, and no doubt Aussie backpackers will give it a go. If Beijing reciprocates on border openings, Chinese travelers could be on their way, too.

But if you live in the European Union, you probably won’t be running into American tourists. The bloc is expected to agree on Tuesday that Yanks will be barred from its member states as the US fights a Covid-19 resurgence.

The move will highlight the failed US effort to suppress the coronavirus pandemic: Charts of new confirmed coronavirus cases on each side of the Atlantic are moving in exactly the opposite direction. Europe’s openings could still have the same painful effect that they did in states like Florida, Texas and Arizona. But European states generally imposed earlier, tighter lockdowns than in the US, and mask wearing is not the polarized issue it is here.

If it comes, the EU ruling will be another personal embarrassment to President Donald Trump over his botched management of the pandemic. The President often explodes at perceived slights. But since he’s pretty much ignoring the Covid-19 crisis in the US, he might let this one slide. Plus, as the White House has already pointed out, European entry into the US is already suspended.

No-shows by US tourists will hurt the shuttered European tourism industry. Millions bring their dollars across the Atlantic every year, drawn by the continent’s history, cuisine and ambience. Italy, France, Germany and Spain welcome the most Americans, according to EU data. But until the two-way flow between the Old and New Worlds is restored, the murmur of admiring visitors in Europe's cathedrals and museums will be missing that certain je ne sais quoi of the overheard American twang.

See you next year, hopefully.
That will certainly keep the noise levels down in cafes, bars, restaurants and other communal spaces.

Last edited:
If they walk around with their mouths open like that, it's no wonder the virus is spreading like mad through Texas.
No wonder the person on the left is wearing a face mask; the stench of halitosis must be terrible.

endure

GCM
If they walk around with their mouths open like that, it's no wonder the virus is spreading like mad through Texas.

They're asserting their 'freedom' by breathing on the poor sod with the mask on. People have been charged with common assault for doing that in the UK.

Am I unique in finding the way millions of them dress to be a bit peculiar?

I'm on about the running trainers and white socks pulled up halfway to their knees thing. Formal belts with jeans. Every shirt they ******* own, tucked into said jeans. They're mad for it.

If you were cutting about like that in Europe people would be dead nice to you thinking you're a spastic.

1593554083934.png

1593554320845.png

Issi

War Hero
I'd rather see 'fashion' like that, than some fat, sun burned, middle aged twat in a Liverpool/Man Utd shirt.
Or even worse with the above shirt taken off, exposing their manly guts and tattooed tits to the general public.

Latest Threads