America - its all a bit odd...

endure

GCM

endure

GCM

endure

GCM
At the last GE my town of 250,000 had 80+ polling stations with either 4 or 8 voting booths in each depending on their size...

You got any more of those? Why not get them all out in a one-er, rather than piecemeal and make yourself look a dîck every time? Surely it’d be better to just get it over with once.
calm down and don’t wear your unconsitutional mask precious

Ummm... That's just democracy in action.

Yes.
They all voted. The rules are that anyone who is in line when the polls close can still get to vote.

In their case, they are folks who got held up in traffic and arrived at the line late. They opened up for an additional half-hour after a little consideration.

Polite Society threatening peaceful marchers while pointing her gun at the back of her husbands head

View attachment 485845

Problem is the peaceful marchers have a terrible habit of becoming anything but peaceful very quickly.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Something I like about America is Baseball. Last year I went to watch the Chicago Cubs play - it was confusing, noisy, crowded...and thoroughly enjoyable.

I was sat up in the 'bleachers' next to this GIANT of a gentleman (and his normal-sized family). Pretty soon we were chatting / drinking and having a whale of a time. He took great delight in explaining everything that was happening on the pitch, and even greater delight in laughing at my confusion. Great times.

This contrasts with my experience of American Football - dull and went on for ever (although equally confusing as Baseball to me).

It's almost like they're the inverse of the British equivalents of Cricket and Rugby.

Something I like about America is Baseball. Last year I went to watch the Chicago Cubs play - it was confusing, noisy, crowded...and thoroughly enjoyable.

I was sat up in the 'bleachers' next to this GIANT of a gentleman (and his normal-sized family). Pretty soon we were chatting / drinking and having a whale of a time. He took great delight in explaining everything that was happening on the pitch, and even greater delight in laughing at my confusion. Great times.

This contrasts with my experience of American Football - dull and went on for ever (although equally confusing as Baseball to me).

It's almost like they're the inverse of the British equivalents of Cricket and Rugby.
Baseball is the game with a very long season that never ends. Compared to football and a 16 game season, where each game counts.

Baseball was always the quasi sport for the lazy.

My ex wife banned me from watching American football with the family, I kept asking why they've stopped again, why changing so many players, are they too unfit to play for a whole quarter without stopping for a break.

Baseball is the game with a very long season that never ends. Compared to football and a 16 game season, where each game counts.

Baseball was always the quasi sport for the lazy.
Doesn't stop American Football being utterly dull to me however. There was no atmosphere.

Ritch

LE
My ex wife banned me from watching American football with the family, I kept asking why they've stopped again, why changing so many players, are they too unfit to play for a whole quarter without stopping for a break.

Visiting the US for the first time, I stayed with friends who are fanatical Seahawks fans. They're all sat there pumped up for the game on TV and i fell asleep within ten minutes.

Latest Threads