America - its all a bit odd...

Unless 'white sheets matter' was a Klan reference.
It was, but The KKK history is older than the Nazis, so I feel he's letting the side down abit by not mentioning them.

Gregory McMichael, 64, a former police officer, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, were both jailed on charges of murder and aggravated assault in the Feb. 23 shooting of Ahmaud Arbery. Local prosecutors had initially refused to charge the pair.
Further update, which suggest that by the time of the shooting, this was well and truly pre-meditated murder.

'New details of the final moments of Ahmaud Arbery’s life emerged Thursday during preliminary hearings — including the report that the Georgia man was struck by a pickup truck shortly before he was fatally shot.

'Richard Dial, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent, outlined the events that led to Arbery’s death on February 23 and told the court that the three men charged in his murder engaged in an elaborate chase as the 25-year-old jogger repeatedly tried to avoid them.

'Before William “Roddy” Bryan began recording the video of the fatal confrontation, he had struck Arbery with his truck, Dial said. Investigators found a swipe from a palm print on the rear door of Bryan’s truck, cotton fibers near the truck bed that “we attribute to contact with Mr. Arbery” and a dent below the fibers, Dial said.

'Though Bryan’s attorney has contested allegations his client took part in the killing, Dial said Bryan first became involved by yelling to the McMichaels, “Do you got him?” when he saw them chasing the jogger. The McMichaels and Bryan have not entered pleas. After yelling out to the McMichaels about Arbery, Bryan joined the chase. None of the three had called 911 at that point, Dial said.'

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Further update, which suggest that by the time of the shooting, this was well and truly pre-meditated murder.

'New details of the final moments of Ahmaud Arbery’s life emerged Thursday during preliminary hearings — including the report that the Georgia man was struck by a pickup truck shortly before he was fatally shot.

'Richard Dial, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent, outlined the events that led to Arbery’s death on February 23 and told the court that the three men charged in his murder engaged in an elaborate chase as the 25-year-old jogger repeatedly tried to avoid them.

'Before William “Roddy” Bryan began recording the video of the fatal confrontation, he had struck Arbery with his truck, Dial said. Investigators found a swipe from a palm print on the rear door of Bryan’s truck, cotton fibers near the truck bed that “we attribute to contact with Mr. Arbery” and a dent below the fibers, Dial said.

'Though Bryan’s attorney has contested allegations his client took part in the killing, Dial said Bryan first became involved by yelling to the McMichaels, “Do you got him?” when he saw them chasing the jogger. The McMichaels and Bryan have not entered pleas. After yelling out to the McMichaels about Arbery, Bryan joined the chase. None of the three had called 911 at that point, Dial said.'

It's Georgia, his family will probably end up paying to get the dent fixed.

It's Georgia, his family will probably end up paying to get the dent fixed.
I wish I could give that a 'funny'.

Fantastic first aid skills being exhibited in that second video. As everyone knows, shouting at the casualty will be just as effective as hands on practical assistance. And filming a person dying is also helpful, especially calling out "he is gone" when there is still obvious movement and signs of life.

Clowns.

Just what was that commentary meant to be?
What language was he speaking? It wasn't English was it?

Robocop at work. On the face of it, there appears to be no justification for the police officers' actions, either in pushing the man away, or in then ignoring him as he bleeding on the ground form a head injury.

Embedded video in the link.

'A disturbing video has emerged of police officers violently pushing a 75-year-old man to the ground and walking away as he lies on the ground, bleeding from his head. The video from Buffalo, New York state, shows a crowd of police officers clearing protesters when the incident takes place.'

I not sure what to say about this piece...

Minneapolis City Council members consider disbanding the police

popcorn ready
I think it's an excellent idea. Give it a fortnight and people will be begging law enforcement to come back.

The grass is always greener.

Robocop at work. On the face of it, there appears to be no justification for the police officers' actions, either in pushing the man away, or in then ignoring him as he bleeding on the ground form a head injury.

Embedded video in the link.

'A disturbing video has emerged of police officers violently pushing a 75-year-old man to the ground and walking away as he lies on the ground, bleeding from his head. The video from Buffalo, New York state, shows a crowd of police officers clearing protesters when the incident takes place.'

That's one interpretation, another is that the man approached two policemen and reached for their hands. Whether he was just wanting to shake hands or reach for their gun, the contact was broken by the officers. At this point the officers are moving forward, so to leave the man would have put him behind the police line and as he had unknown intentions that meant he could have got up to anything! So he was pushed back ahead of the advancing police line.

I would question the use of the term "violently", it was a shove not a full speed impact, but after the man had fallen the officer who pushes him stepped out of his designated position but was then put back into the line by another officer who reached for his radio presumably to request medical assistance for the injured man.

So now look at the bigger picture, the police line is advancing. The line extended quite some distance, and if one end of the line stopped or broke there is a chance that police could be caught in a position where they did not have support on both sides by their colleagues. In order for the line to fully protect itself, it has to move as a cohesive group.

Both interpretations work, only mine doesn't include any emotional language and won't be on the front page of a news website. Mine doesn't invoke mental images of an army of androids marching in step and crushing all beneath their feet, it offers a description of the events witnessed.

Get a grip......

I think it's an excellent idea. Give it a fortnight and people will be begging law enforcement to come back.

The grass is always greener.
Sorry to go back to Tim Pool, but one of his clips was going on about this issue. If they get rid of the police then the citizens themselves take on the responsibility for the safety in their neighbourhood, and hence become responsible for their own safety and the safety of others who visit their area.

At this point I would have gone down the path of a city descending into versions of the Peoples Republic of Treacle Mine Road with each street or area providing their own "police force" (and presumably their own definition of "lawful" and "unlawful" and all the joys that that would bring), but to his credit Mr Pool instead focused on the responsibility of the individual to now provide the safety of themselves and others.

it offers a description of the events witnessed.

Get a grip......
Ok, you're comfortable with a 75-year old man being pushed to the ground and left bleeding on the pavement when there are a significant number of police officers about. Your assessment is that none of them was able to be detached from whatever duty they were undertaking in order to provide first aid; mine is not.

Ok, you're comfortable with a 75-year old man being pushed to the ground and left bleeding on the pavement when there are a significant number of police officers about. Your assessment is that none of them was able to be detached from whatever duty they were undertaking in order to provide first aid; mine is not.
Would it have been alright if he was 25 and not 75?

so a good old fashioned ‘Good lo’ Boy’ Georgia lynching

It doesn't matter what Floyd did before. As far as we know Officer Smirk had no way of knowing Floyd's record and from video and witness evidence he had no reason on the day to believe that Floyd was in any way a danger - particularly when the handcuffs we on.
Therefore we have no reason to believe that Smirk would have treated any other similar looking suspect differently and that is the problem.
If you read my post again , you'll see that I am referring to the demonstrators , not the police .
To uphold this vile man as an example of an oppressed black American and demonstrate in his memory is frankly perverse .
He broke into people's houses with a firearm and committed violent robbery , including that of a heavily pregnant woman .
Whilst we are at it , let us also remember that four serving black police officers and one retired one have died as a result of the riots sparked in favour of this low life .

Last edited:
What I am happy with is that the officer that went to help initially was put back where he needed to be, in the line. His superior behind him appeared to call for assistance but the video clip I saw stopped before it went on to show that medical help arrived and helped the man. The "old guy" was left on the ground for what ten seconds? Do you have proof he was neglected for any longer than that or is it just that no-one ran to his aid in that time?

The police at the rear of the line had the time to attend to the casualty without compromising the effectiveness of the operation.

They were police controlling the crowd, not medical staff.

Edit: Actually I went back and watched another version, a longer version of the same clip. Just after the police line had crossed in front of the camera man they were met with a man with a sign who was arrested. The clip then showed two officers in a different camouflage bending to assist the gentleman on the ground, so let's make that 12 seconds before aid arrived.

Last edited:
Interesting...

1591353061250.png

It is Thaddeus Kosciuszko bronze statue at Lafayette Park, Washington, D.C. which was unveiled on 9 May 1910.
Now it looks this way

1591354311413.png

Maybe it is a monument to one of Southern generals? No. Not at all.
In 1776, Kościuszko moved to North America, where he took part in the American Revolutionary War as a colonel in the Continental Army. An accomplished military architect, he designed and oversaw the construction of state-of-the-art fortifications, including those at West Point, New York. In 1783, in recognition of his services, the Continental Congress promoted him to brigadier general.
A close friend of Thomas Jefferson's, with whom he shared ideals of human rights, Kościuszko wrote a will in 1798 dedicating his U.S. assets to the education and freedom of U.S. slaves.
Apparently the 'protesters' hardly know who is gen.Kosciuszko.

1591353730973.png

Portrait by Karl Gottlieb Schweikart. Kościuszko is shown wearing the Eagle of the Society of the Cincinnati, awarded to him by General Washington (U.S.A.).

Last edited:

Latest Threads