America - its all a bit odd...

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Have you got a link to the full remarks?
here y'go Ortho :

- It's in the Fox News piece further down from the headline....as I said,

Compare & Contrast - the soundbite : ' We shoot protesters'

with the actual context: ' We absolutely affirm their Right to peaceful protest'

+ ' George Floyd's murderer would have been in Polk County jail by sundown'

here y'go Ortho :

- It's in the Fox News piece further down from the headline....as I said,

Compare & Contrast - the soundbite : ' We shoot protesters'

with the actual context: ' We absolutely affirm their Right to peaceful protest'

+ ' George Floyd's murderer would have been in Polk County jail by sundown'
Cheers, just watched it on the Fox page you linked to. Like you said, a big difference between the soundbite and the actual speech. Seems like a sensible and rational bloke.

There has been umpteen novels, films (Hollywood blockbusters or made for tv) written , produced over half a century about the Capitol under siege and troops sent in.

Apps like Flightradar have tracked C-17 flocking to J-B Andrews and of course both active and reserve elements of the MDW (Military District of Washington D.C) being mobilised.

It appears since beginning of the year, we have seen Hollywood coming to life like-a set of bad movies and nightmares, what with corona and this. Though strangely the corvid corona epidemic news over there have taken a back seat.

I hope any of our friends /relatives / colleagues ( I have a lot ) over the side of the pond especially in DC area, are safe and well. If any of them are in the military, or law enforcement ...stay safe

Who is getting a kick, benefitting from this chaos is it the lad or lasS with an expensive suit, 6 bedroom house and sits in chair fo power be it business, or government (Or even criminal )Making decisions, sitting back waiting to take control while all hell is Breaking loose. Go into the vacuum created.

Though would it be worrying lol if the Guard Adjutant activated this hardware (my photos from J-B Andrews Air & Space Expo 2019) to fly CAP

View attachment 478705

cheers.
What, no sticky tape over the muzzles to stop the mechanism from freezing up at high altitude? Tsk, standards eh.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Orange One is the one who should be worried.....every dictator the world has ever seen gets overthrown by its soldiery eventually...when they get tired of shooting at their own people. An A-10 brassing up Washington DC would certainly give even Trump pause for thought.

Since the time of the Caesars, effective control of the military (and commanding their undisputed loyalty) has been a nagging worry.

Good grief have you never played Sid Meier's Civilisation ( Parts I - VI )?

Democracy is THE most troublesome form of government, as any fule kno ! :-D

Yoohoo PhotEx! Remember me, you started an argument about "jackbooted stormtroopers" in Minnesota preventing people from standing on their porch and when I countered with some interpretations of your facts you called me names.

Well you didn't answer any of my questions, so is that because your argument didn't hold water or your argument didn't hold water and you didn't have a grown up response?

The "Nazi" analogy is wearing thin, haven't you got any new material?
The Nazi comparison is OOTP. however they were within their rights to stand on their property and in that case they are well back from the road.
Even the official advice said what they were doing is ok.
Multi_Agency_Command_Center_Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_the_Curfew_ ORIGINAL.png

However after the widespread attention, it was quietly changed....
Multi_Agency_Command_Center_Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_the_Curfew-1 _UPDATE!.png

Which would indicate that they hadn't got it right.
The fact is they were of no immediate threat and the police were not using reasonable force. The optics of it all are terrible.

In their position, if in the UK, I would have probably watched them go up the street and if I was asked politely to go inside, e.g. "Sir, for your own safety please go inside your home", OK, that seems reasonable.
But ordering me?
But then our police are slightly more restrained and less likely to shoot me.

If I was in the US? I'd have been barricaded in my house long before that.

ETA: "Light them up", FFS, thats a police officer saying that. What a twat.

Last edited:
Cheers, like I say thought they'd been binned, glad they haven't. As said they're ugly beautiful.
Still in use, predominantly with ANG and AFRES sqns.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
off topic.

Whoever did the wire locking on the front of the Gatling gun should be forced to run his inner arm over it for the next 24 hours. That pig tail is shocking.

Please feel free to talk about the thread topic now.

RP.
It could be the armourer's 'signature'. When lock-wiring our racing motorcycles I always used my own little pig-tail shape. I did the same thing at work, when installing ground wire terminations. It let me see at a glance if it was one of mine if a fault occurred.

That one is pig ugly though.

Sorry for continuing the off topic.

So here's a question for the serving and veterans here, (civvies standfast).
Think back to all the NITAT, UNTAT, PDP etc you've done, especially the media training and dealing with in-beds etc.
The big no no's, like putting your hand up to block a camera lens, all that sort of thing.
Then look at these lunatics. Basically actively targeting the press. Now I know that orange pillock has been attacking his domestic media for years, but that footage of the Aussie crew and the last shot is a copper punching the camera. Seriously, WTF!
Or the LA crew and they starting shooting the reporter, the camera pans round and he's pointing his "gun" (looks like a paintball gun) right down the camera.

If you were the on scene commander would you not be pulling that person to oneside and ******* gripping them.
Plainly they just do not give a shit. I simply cannot (and do not want to) imagine our police behaving like that.

How can the US now criticise other regimes for abusing their people with footage like that coming from their own streets.

Think back to all the NITAT, UNTAT, PDP etc you've done, especially the media training and dealing with in-beds etc.
The big no no's, like putting your hand up to block a camera lens, all that sort of thing.
Then look at these lunatics. Basically actively targeting the press. Now I know that orange pillock has been attacking his domestic media for years, but that footage of the Aussie crew and the last shot is a copper punching the camera. Seriously, WTF!
Or the LA crew and they starting shooting the reporter, the camera pans round and he's pointing his "gun" (looks like a paintball gun) right down the camera.

If you were the on scene commander would you not be pulling that person to oneside and ******* gripping them.
Plainly they just do not give a shit. I simply cannot (and do not want to) imagine our police behaving like that.

How can the US now criticise other regimes for abusing their people with footage like that coming from their own streets.
Either the commander 1/ doesn't know about the incident as it occurs, 2/ doesn't care, 3/ is as poorly trained as the perp, or 4/ has official sanction to use that type of behavior. I'd plug of a 2/3 combination.

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

I'd put it down to a combination of incompetence, inexperience and/or gung ho stupidity.

How many on here have slagged off the press recently?
Anyone can get hold of a camera and claim they are press. Some of the real press stand close to an action point then seem surprised when they are clumped along with anyone else.

How many on here have slagged off the press recently?
Anyone can get hold of a camera and claim they are press. Some of the real press stand close to an action point then seem surprised when they are clumped along with anyone else.
I've complained about the editorial standards of the press and as annoying as I can find them; I have no desire to see Laura K or Beth Rigby et al being targeted by police with less than lethal weapons for providing a live feed.
We may joke about it, but thats another matter.

Also there is a big difference standing there with a handycam or similar and [as in these cases] having a bloody great big shoulder mounted broadcast quality camera and often a sound man too. (@bigeye can confirm/deny).
I think even the most myopic policeman can tell the difference.

The Nazi comparison is OOTP. however they were within their rights to stand on their property and in that case they are well back from the road.
Even the official advice said what they were doing is ok.
View attachment 478748

However after the widespread attention, it was quietly changed....
View attachment 478750

Which would indicate that they hadn't got it right.
The fact is they were of no immediate threat and the police were not using reasonable force. The optics of it all are terrible.

In their position, if in the UK, I would have probably watched them go up the street and if I was asked politely to go inside, e.g. "Sir, for your own safety please go inside your home", OK, that seems reasonable.
But ordering me?
But then our police are slightly more restrained and less likely to shoot me.

If I was in the US? I'd have been barricaded in my house long before that.

ETA: "Light them up", FFS, thats a police officer saying that. What a twat.
Again, I'm confused. I thought US citizens were entitled to "stand their ground". Particularly on their own property.

Surely they should have simply shot the police.

Again, I'm confused. I thought US citizens were entitled to "stand their ground". Particularly on their own property.

Surely they should have simply shot the police.
Wasn't that what they tried at Waco & Ruby Ridge?

Latest Threads