America - its all a bit odd...

[
Are you recording them, and do they know you are tracking their movements and counting bodies? Why do you have a group of 4-5 people on your porch in a riot?

If a mob does come through and attack whitey for kicks and giggles you are now part of the problem. If you catch a brick to the face, those very same people will then have to assist you.

if, maybe, coulda, but she wasn’t.

i have no hesitation recording the Police, it’s not an offence.
why are you happy for the JBTs To be attacking the public?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Before we start calling the yanks out we'd do well to remember that we've also invaded a sovereign state by force just because we didn't like the cut of their dictator's gib. I know that's a controversial statement, but we can't exactly take the righteous high ground. The hardest thing in the world is to look at the record of your own country and question whether the record is morally right.
Which particular dictator(s)? I don't disagree at all, it's part of growing up as a Nation - we didn't get the Empire by being nice and asking if they'd mind us sticking a flag up for a few hundred years.. The point is, we - and many, if not most, countries have adapted, evolved and moed on from what used to be considered the correct way to conduct the business of State, i'm sure we'd kick up a right stink if the church - any church tried to regain the power it once held. What is lacking in America is the ability to learn, grow up and move on. The world has come on in leaps and bounds over the last couple of hundred years, the rate of development is still accelerating, many if not most countries are adapting their ways of governing - changing laws to suit in some cases, to allow for the changes we are going through as a concequence of climate, population, science, disease etc. etc. America seems to have forgot to wind up the clock, their once mighty industrial cities are rusting away, the world-leading car industry is now mainly outsourced as build quality is more of an international standard, they use chemicals to treat their food because the workers and processing plants are seemingly incapable of meeting even the most basic hygene standards. But yet, they can put men on the moon. What they can't do is look inwards on themselves and recognise, much less admit, that it's going to rat-shit and some fundemental changes need to be made if they want to be taken as seriously as they once were.

I’ve already said. If you are looking for me to quote Minnesota Criminal Code Section 123(b)(iv), to wit “A person commits a misdemeanor when they fail to remove themselves from their front porch when instructed to so by a peace officer” then you will be waiting a while.

If the shift commander at the local police station briefed his troops as “Within two blocks of the nearest edge of the rioting, everyone is to be inside after curfew; no exceptions”, and then the patrol squad we see in the video comes across this group masked up, the patrol commander is surely going to believe he is acting in accordance with the law when ordering them inside.
even though the curfew ordnance they are operating under clearly states people can be outside in their gardens.

there’s Your problem right there....

‘troops’ - whos mindset is they are at war with the public
They're more like a gendarmery than the Gendarmerie.

One thing this whole episode is telling me, is that expat Brits living in America are blinkered, evangelical about the good old USA, especially if @Roadster280 @SOCALSapper are the norm.

Give your heads a wobble lads, your better than this.

needlewaver

War Hero
To enforce the laws of the land.
Unless they refer to any form of firearms regulation in which case Tpr Enos Straight will side with Billybob Q Fingerblaster and ignore the laws of the land. Your coppers are banana republic standard.

Which particular dictator(s)? I don't disagree at all, it's part of growing up as a Nation - we didn't get the Empire by being nice and asking if they'd mind us sticking a flag up for a few hundred years.. The point is, we - and many, if not most, countries have adapted, evolved and moed on from what used to be considered the correct way to conduct the business of State, i'm sure we'd kick up a right stink if the church - any church tried to regain the power it once held. What is lacking in America is the ability to learn, grow up and move on. The world has come on in leaps and bounds over the last couple of hundred years, the rate of development is still accelerating, many if not most countries are adapting their ways of governing - changing laws to suit in some cases, to allow for the changes we are going through as a concequence of climate, population, science, disease etc. etc. America seems to have forgot to wind up the clock, their once mighty industrial cities are rusting away, the world-leading car industry is now mainly outsourced as build quality is more of an international standard, they use chemicals to treat their food because the workers and processing plants are seemingly incapable of meeting even the most basic hygene standards. But yet, they can put men on the moon. What they can't do is look inwards on themselves and recognise, much less admit, that it's going to rat-shit and some fundemental changes need to be made if they want to be taken as seriously as they once were.
Iraq, though I write that with the benefit of hindsight as I believed Blair's WMD claims and I was a hawk in 2003. On reflection, I don't think it did our impression of being 'the good guys' any favours.

I suppose the yanks need to pass more laws to protect the environment and reduce the worst aspects of capitalism. Though I don't think the riots can be explained away with the death of some black guy, there are more issues at stake imho. The rather large wealth disparity between races is a problem, but so is the demonisation of the white working classes due to the rise of identity politics and white privilege. This also explains the rise of Trump as there doesn't seem to be anyone else in American politics to support the blue collar voters.

The American dream was always to work hard and get rich, that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Instead it's work your arse off and stay poor, or get into ridiculous debt as part of a university ponzi scheme where the courses are useless (media) and there's no employment at the end of it.

This may go some way to explaining why young people are trashing electrical stores and designer goods. It's also interesting to see how people will do whatever they want when everyone else breaks the law. What was it said about moral virtue? Doing the right thing even when no one is watching?

It's a far out theory, but imho, if America is to grow up and move on as you say, then young people need to be taught that material things don't matter. The popular media should concentrate on what people do that's good rather than what they have, though that is a capitalistic problem. What matters in life is meaning and purpose, they need to do something to help their community and country rather than destroy it.* JFK had the right idea. At the moment kids are taught to go and get rich and to be successful is to own material things, it's little wonder that they are disillusioned.

*This also needs to be implemented in the UK.

I’ve already said. If you are looking for me to quote Minnesota Criminal Code Section 123(b)(iv), to wit “A person commits a misdemeanor when they fail to remove themselves from their front porch when instructed to so by a peace officer” then you will be waiting a while.

If the shift commander at the local police station briefed his troops as “Within two blocks of the nearest edge of the rioting, everyone is to be inside after curfew; no exceptions”, and then the patrol squad we see in the video comes across this group masked up, the patrol commander is surely going to believe he is acting in accordance with the law when ordering them inside.
Is it within a shift commanders power to say that though? It sounds like they’d just be making up the rules as they go along

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Iraq, though I write that with the benefit of hindsight as I believed Blair's WMD claims and I was a hawk in 2003. On reflection, I don't think it did our impression of being 'the good guys' any favours.
Not a particularly shining example - under Blair I don't think we were any better than a puppet of the US, as far as international relations and actions are concerned.
I don't think we did a bad job with Napoleon & Hitler though, admittedly with some help.

I suppose the yanks need to pass more laws to protect the environment and reduce the worst aspects of capitalism. Though I don't think the riots can be explained away with the death of some black guy, there are more issues at stake imho. The rather large wealth disparity between races is a problem, but so is the demonisation of the white working classes due to the rise of identity politics and white privilege. This also explains the rise of Trump as there doesn't seem to be anyone else in American politics to support the blue collar voters.

The American dream was always to work hard and get rich, that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Instead it's work your arse off and stay poor, or get into ridiculous debt as part of a university ponzi scheme where the courses are useless (media) and there's no employment at the end of it.
If Trump is the answer, that's a really deep rooted problem!
I agree about the work ethic, America got rich off the backs of others. Initially it confiscated most of the gold from it's own people, issuing promisory notes, then later sold some of it on for a massive profit. Once it had working capital, it built an industry from scratch (much like Germany post WWII) and had the benefit of modern machines and working practices, the rest of the manufacturing world couldn't afford to replace it's legacy manufacturing base so America became richer at the expense of other countries. The rot set in when this massive manufacturing base ceased to be updated (failed to wind the clock) and unions aggressively maintained the status quo. This is where the disparity of wages started, the unions were no more than thugs tied to demographic allegiances, if you were in a (white) union, you'd be OK, the relatively new black workers were being squeezed from all sides, and probably still are. So yes, work hard - get rich, except there is no money left in America to get rich from.

This may go some way to explaining why young people are trashing electrical stores and designer goods. It's also interesting to see how people will do whatever they want when everyone else breaks the law. What was it said about moral virtue? Doing the right thing even when no one is watching?

It's a far out theory, but imho, if America is to grow up and move on as you say, then young people need to be taught that material things don't matter. The popular media should concentrate on what people do that's good rather than what they have, though that is a capitalistic problem. What matters in life is meaning and purpose, they need to do something to help their community and country rather than destroy it.* JFK had the right idea. At the moment kids are taught to go and get rich and to be successful is to own material things, it's little wonder that they are disillusioned.

*This also needs to be implemented in the UK.
Couldn't agree more, the collective moral compass needs a new needle. both US and UK, I feel the US is in more urgent need though, it's clear that 'bad state actors' are going to be making hay from this inward turmoil and sow the seeds of opportunity while America has it's eye off the ball, expect more blustering and brinkmanship from Trump to (once again) deflect from the inner turmoil and corrosiveness of America

endure

GCM

needlewaver

War Hero
Open carry is legal in many States.
Not my point and you know it; you have stated in posts passim that if any form of firearms regulation was enacted, then the state/county/municipal police would not enforce them.

I even mooted previously to one of your points that we (by which I mean you lot) would end up in a three way gun battle between the Incels, the feds and Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane’s mob.

Open carry is irrelevant to my point.

Not my point and you know it; you have stated in posts passim that if any form of firearms regulation was enacted, then the state/county/municipal police would not enforce them.

I even mooted previously to one of your points that we (by which I mean you lot) would end up in a three way gun battle between the Incels, the feds and Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane’s mob.

Open carry is irrelevant to my point.
Yup confiscation would not be enforced. As has clearly been stated by numerous agencies across the land.

Not a particularly shining example - under Blair I don't think we were any better than a puppet of the US, as far as international relations and actions are concerned.
I don't think we did a bad job with Napoleon & Hitler though, admittedly with some help.

If Trump is the answer, that's a really deep rooted problem!
I agree about the work ethic, America got rich off the backs of others. Initially it confiscated most of the gold from it's own people, issuing promisory notes, then later sold some of it on for a massive profit. Once it had working capital, it built an industry from scratch (much like Germany post WWII) and had the benefit of modern machines and working practices, the rest of the manufacturing world couldn't afford to replace it's legacy manufacturing base so America became richer at the expense of other countries. The rot set in when this massive manufacturing base ceased to be updated (failed to wind the clock) and unions aggressively maintained the status quo. This is where the disparity of wages started, the unions were no more than thugs tied to demographic allegiances, if you were in a (white) union, you'd be OK, the relatively new black workers were being squeezed from all sides, and probably still are. So yes, work hard - get rich, except there is no money left in America to get rich from.

Couldn't agree more, the collective moral compass needs a new needle. both US and UK, I feel the US is in more urgent need though, it's clear that 'bad state actors' are going to be making hay from this inward turmoil and sow the seeds of opportunity while America has it's eye off the ball, expect more blustering and brinkmanship from Trump to (once again) deflect from the inner turmoil and corrosiveness of America
You have not mentioned the massive economic and industrial boost to the US caused by WW2.

needlewaver

War Hero
Yup confiscation would not be enforced. As has clearly been stated by numerous agencies across the land.
So your “police” don’t, in fact, enforce the laws of the land. Right. Got you now. So what do they do, other than mimic the SS Dirlewanger Brigade on a jolly boys outing to Ourador sur Glane?

So your “police” don’t, in fact, enforce the laws of the land. Right. Got you now. So what do they do, other than mimic the SS Dirlewanger Brigade on a jolly boys outing to Ourador sur Glane?
Not all laws that get passed are worth the ink and paper they were written on.
Write citations and bring in revenue.