America - its all a bit odd...

WhoTF goes shopping in the middle of a protest/riot?
This is America so it's probably someone working two or three jobs just to make ends meet with very little time off.*

*Now three of four jobs to cover the medical costs

endure

GCM
As in the political leanings of the individual officers and departments?

No I was talking about the election of police chiefs rather than the political views of policemen.
Are police chiefs elected or appointed?

No I was talking about the election of police chiefs rather than the political views of policemen.
Are police chiefs elected or appointed?
Appointed, sheriffs are elected. But when most departments want money for new kit, the public has to vote to approve funding. If the masses say no, then LE goes without.

BobbHope

War Hero
What the actual F*ck! "Sympathy" Black lives matter demo in Central London now. Any bets on the police starting a riot this evening?

To prevent people from getting hurt, if a mob is on the way.

To also help prevent people from coordinating with other groups, as to the disposition and actions of LE. All it takes is a few people with cell phones to coordinate locations and an encounter can be set up.

It does seem quite a few outside groups are using this situation to stir the pot around all the major metropolitan areas of the country.
To be fair, that is not something I had considered.

Ah yes, that well known riotous act "Standing on the porch watching".

Do you not get tired of the taste of boot-leather?
steady now!

He’ll grasp his copy of the Sacred Scrolls to his heart and shake his AR15 angrily at you!

endure

GCM
Appointed, sheriffs are elected. But when most departments want money for new kit, the public has to vote to approve funding. If the masses say no, then LE goes without.

What's the practical difference between a sheriff and a cop? Do they have similar powers? Do they have specific jurisdictions?

Are you really that fcuking stupid?

The “2 amendment followers” (sic) are predominantly white folk, and in general don’t live anywhere near the black inner city areas where this stuff goes down. You appear to be suggesting that they should mobilize with their ARs and Mossbergs, form a militia and shoot the rioters.

Apart from that being murder, it would also likely descend into something like Peterloo, and result in full-on race war. It looks to me as though these people are not in hiding afraid of being shot, rather that they appear to be sensibly staying at home and letting the authorities deal with it. I don’t see any regiments of AR- and Mossberg-armed white people. Mostly because there aren’t any. If the white middle-class suburbs of these cities came under attack by the rioters, then perhaps that might change. It’d have to be an imminent threat that the Police and Guard were overwhelmed by, however. Most middle-class Americans that I know are not keen on taking matters into their own hands, when the Police and Guard are there to protect. Then again, most middle-class Americans that I know are damned sure not going to let a mob burn their house down without putting up a fight. At that point, society has broken down and it’s full-on race war as I mentioned above.

The people in the video were given repeated orders to go inside. In most of the US, failure to comply with a policeman’s order is a crime. They were wearing face disguises (as opposed to virus masks), and therefore possibly appeared to the officers as potential protagonists. There were given several instructions to go inside and failed to do so And stood there in defiance of the orders filming the Police like the gormless morons they clearly are. They got off lightly with a paintballing rather than being arrested.

All of that aside, I just don’t understand why the people in these communities that have these tragedies, and it was a tragedy, think the best course of action is to burn their town down. That makes no sense to me.
No not stupid just worried, As a very good example, my sister who is a Dr working in the USA and been there since 1989 and is now a US citizen. Back in 1996 went to visit her in her Baltimore with my then girlfriend . Sister lived in down town Baltimore on East Montgomery street, very nice area all white owners/renter apart from the “black” church Down the road.

One day we , my girlfriend and I said we would walk my sisters baby to the local beer hall for some beer and oysters. Sister said Ok but be careful do not walk back through the streets a few blocks back from her apartment as they were “dangerous” .

After a beer and an oyster or two we walked back , down the “wrong” street. Yes it was a black street , full of black Americans who were in no way dangerous, even some came up to look at the baby in the pram. Never felt threatened.

What might take off is a right wing idiot with a black gun. Just saying.

Last edited:

Latest Threads