America - its all a bit odd...

You could start a church based on bleach beliefs and become a tax free entity.

I think I will just stick to being a yokel a$$hole then dabble into creating my own church. We must know where to draw the line, and this is one of those areas. If anything I would rather have my own distillery and drink in Sunday’s.

Are employees offended if you say help them load your vehicle? Is it standard practice to get out of your vehicle and lend a hand to the worker bees? Most of them here are younger females or older females and it is a black mark as a male to just watch them and not assist.
I occasionally see in US TV shows that in supermarkets there is the checkout person doing the item scanning and payment. There's also someone whose job it is to just put items in bags for the shopper.

Does that actually happen and how common is it? Or has that died out like gasoline pump attendants?

I occasionally see in US TV shows that in supermarkets there is the checkout person doing the item scanning and payment. There's also someone whose job it is to just put items in bags for the shopper.

Does that actually happen and how common is it? Or has that died out like gasoline pump attendants?
It's mostly died out now, The person on the checkout usually puts it in the bags. We still have a gas station up our way were the owners kids pump the gas, they get to keep any tips they make and most folks around here usually tip them a few bucks.

You could start a church based on bleach beliefs and become a tax free entity.

When did Ozmates become as dim and gullible as Nigerians/South Africans?

There is only one state, New Jersey, where it is still illegal to pump your own petrol

There may soon be 2

offog

LE
So do you think you folks will get to keep the six weeks of holiday time post COVID, or will employers cut back on that oddity?
Although not being forced to take holiday days they are encouraging you to take them more due to the company not wanting to have every one jet off the moment the world opens again. At this point it is likely that most will stay within the UK and it will also depend on what the schools do.

So do you think you folks will get to keep the six weeks of holiday time post COVID, or will employers cut back on that oddity?
The law would have to be changed to reduce it below the statuatory minimum. That is not going to happen.

Although not being forced to take holiday days they are encouraging you to take them more due to the company not wanting to have every one jet off the moment the world opens again.
Had that on the last work zoom call - encouraged to start taking some time off "for our well being". I suspect it's more because otherwise we'll get to the end of the year with < 12 weeks to go and people with 6 weeks of holiday to take.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Are employees offended if you say help them load your vehicle? Is it standard practice to get out of your vehicle and lend a hand to the worker bees? Most of them here are younger females or older females and it is a black mark as a male to just watch them and not assist.
Do they expect a tip?

offog

LE
Had that on the last work zoom call - encouraged to start taking some time off "for our well being". I suspect it's more because otherwise we'll get to the end of the year with < 12 weeks to go and people with 6 weeks of holiday to take.
My daughter will take half a day off to go out and queue some place. Interestingly she said she has been more productive working from home then in the office which was a shared desk. Spends less time helping others do their work, making tea and talking. My son who works for a games company was sent a care package a month in which was a surprise being that it is now US owned.

The law would have to be changed to reduce it below the statuatory minimum. That is not going to happen.

Also I bet employers are scared sh*tless of having a big bill for buyback of untaken leave.

Depends on the store. King Soopers does that, and it does make the check out times faster. Walmart does not.

If I had six weeks to burn in a year, I could imagine taking a week in the summer, a week for Christmas, and the month of October off.

If I had six weeks to burn in a year, I could imagine taking a week in the summer, a week for Christmas, and the month of October off.
Generally it's 4 weeks plus 8 bank holidays as a standard, and not more than 2 weeks taken at once without special permission (and in all cases agreed in advance with notice).

endure

GCM
Generally it's 4 weeks plus 8 bank holidays as a standard, and not more than 2 weeks taken at once without special permission (and in all cases agreed in advance with notice).

Employers can count bank holidays as part of your leave so the minimum for a full time worker is 28 days a year.

"Bank or public holidays do not have to be given as paid leave.

An employer can choose to include bank holidays as part of a worker’s statutory annual leave."

If that’s approved by the company. I give my staff 5 weeks off after ten years of service but generally with only 2 consecutive weeks allowed once a year. We do get asked for extended leave but rarely give it.

If that’s approved by the company. I give my staff 5 weeks off after ten years of service but generally with only 2 consecutive weeks allowed once a year. We do get asked for extended leave but rarely give it.
That is far better than the 18 days of annual leave I earn a year. Trying to divy that up between a summer trip, hunting season and Christmas can be fun.

Latest Threads