America - its all a bit odd...

Ritch

LE
It’s a shop for complete cnuts
I don't know... I spent an enjoyable half hour browsing the rifles and handguns. The guy behind the desk was more than happy to hand me firearm after firearm to check out (AK's and SKS's). He was coming to the Peak District on holiday and as I live next door gave him advice. A genuine nice guy.

I don't know... I spent an enjoyable half hour browsing the rifles and handguns. The guy behind the desk was more than happy to hand me firearm after firearm to check out (AK's and SKS's). He was coming to the Peak District on holiday and as I live next door gave him advice. A genuine nice guy.
The 1st time we took the daughter down to Florida we stopped in at Wally Mart for some reason, she was amazed by the weapons & ammo counter.

I was going to type 'she couldn't get over it', changed it to 'she was blown away by it' but neither seemed fitting.

A mate hit one with his truck a while back.

Wrecked the front suspension enough to make an insurance claim to get it fixed.
Well then, this lot would have really spoiled his day.

'The resting place of ancient armadillos that roamed the earth some 20,000 years ago has been discovered in Argentina. A farmer stumbled upon the graveyard containing fossilized shells of four massive Glyptodonts, with the largest being the size of a Volkswagen Beetle.'

Hopefully they'll both get to experience similar treatment inside.

'A dad found guilty of killing his son by raping him with a stick after he ate a piece of cake claimed his wife sexually assaulted the boy by accident.

'Mauricio Torres, 50, appeared to point the finger of blame at Cathy, 48, during video interviews with cops played to a court in Arkansas. The youngster reportedly died of septic shock after being horrifically violated during a camping trip in March 2015.

'The court heard the schoolboy was violated with a stick by his dad for eating a small piece of cake without permission. Cathy Torres is said to have pushed Isaiah down further onto the stick worsening his injuries. He later died at a Bella Vista medical clinic near his home.

'Torres was convicted of capital murder and battery after pleading not guilty to the charges. He will be sentenced at a later date.'

This has probably been asked before, but I am genuinely curious. Why do Americans whoop at everything? On tv programmes one will "woo woo woo" ,then all his mates join in. I'd be hounded out of my local pub if I adopted this behaviour

This has probably been asked before, but I am genuinely curious. Why do Americans whoop at everything? On tv programmes one will "woo woo woo" ,then all his mates join in. I'd be hounded out of my local pub if I adopted this behaviour
I agree, it gets right on my tits as well. No need for all that $h!te when polite applause will do equally well.

I agree, it gets right on my tits as well. No need for all that $h!te when polite applause will do equally well.
Even on Storage Wars ( I only watch it for Mary Padian ) when the skivvy cuts the padlock off the storage unit, everybody from the auctioneer down whoops with excitement. Maybe it's just my boring, unexciting existence, but I'm sick of it

Even on Storage Wars ( I only watch it for Mary Padian ) when the skivvy cuts the padlock off the storage unit, everybody from the auctioneer down whoops with excitement. Maybe it's just my boring, unexciting existence, but I'm sick of it
No it's not got anything to do with your life. I've lived here for over three decades and I still find it annoying, I put it down to them being an easily excitable people. In all fairness though I have to say they do know how to have a good time and put on a good show.

Oops

Old-Salt
I often wonder whether that interminable chant of
'Yoo Ess Ay'
when attending Global sporting events, has become an inbred failsafe mechanism to remind them how to get home .

I often wonder whether that interminable chant of
'Yoo Ess Ay'
when attending Global sporting events, has become an inbred failsafe mechanism to remind them how to get home .
I imagine it's no different when one hears the chant of Engerland at European and World sporting events. Is that an inbred fail-safe as well?

Its because they are a bunch of uncivilised rowdies and don't understand "Oh, I say, well played that man", "Jolly good, well done" or "good game". Plus the redder the neck the greater the inarticulacy.

I doubt they whoop in the Boston Opera House.

It's their equivalent of "Go on 'Arry my son. Break his legs"

Its because they are a bunch of uncivilised rowdies and don't understand "Oh, I say, well played that man", "Jolly good, well done" or "good game". Plus the redder the neck the greater the inarticulacy.

I doubt they whoop in the Boston Opera House.

It's their equivalent of "Go on 'Arry my son. Break his legs"
You lot don't even have a beer song.

Amateurs.

Latest Threads