America - its all a bit odd...

Whatever became of the female version where they played in their underwear?
The Lingerie Football League has gone out of business, sadly. A game played in the rain would've been great, because I'm sure it would've been mud wrestling in helmets.

Gone but not forgotten...

EDIT Spelling
Same criticism as normal NFL stuff, why does the referee keep stopping things? Just as there was some decent scrabbling and wrestling on the floor the killjoy bastard blows the whistle.

Weirdo yanks, who'd want to go to the "First Annual Texas Testicle Festival"

VIP's get all you can eat testicles whilst the balls last, it would be a bit embarrassing if they chocked on some balls and got rushed to hospital

Weirdo yanks, who'd want to go to the "First Annual Texas Testicle Festival"

VIP's get all you can eat testicles whilst the balls last, it would be a bit embarrassing if they chocked on some balls and got rushed to hospital
Looks like it could be a rolicking time. :?

Uncross your legs and head over to the town of Fredericksburg on January 18 from noon to 8 pm to have a ball at the first annual Best of Texas Testicle Festival! Hosted by the Best of Texas, the Texas Testicle Festival is sure to be a nutty time. According to the Facebook page, attendees will be tasting and eating a wide variety of animal testicles including bull testicles as well as organs from calves, lambs, roosters, and turkeys. Along with all the rocky mountain oysters you can handle, the festival will also include a full bar, lawn games, live music, and a small petting zoo for the kids.

Same criticism as normal NFL stuff, why does the referee keep stopping things? Just as there was some decent scrabbling and wrestling on the floor the killjoy bastard blows the whistle.
Generally because the ball hits the ground, or goes out of bounds. Or the player with the ball does.

You get four goes (downs) to gain 10 yards, play by play. If you manage it, you get another 4 goes. if you don’t, the other team gets the ball. When you’re within striking range, you go for the points.

It’s as similar to rugby as Aussie Rules is - not very.

Cricket is play-by-play, ball-by-ball. American Football is play-by-play, down-by down. It’s more of a strategy game than rugby, which took me a while to comprehend. Strategy in rugby is thinking-on-the-fly, taking advantage of second and third phase balls. There’s no such thing in American Football, so it’s more deliberate.

Can’t speak for the scrabbling and wrestling on the floor in underwear though :)

Generally because the ball hits the ground, or goes out of bounds. Or the player with the ball does.

You get four goes (downs) to gain 10 yards, play by play. If you manage it, you get another 4 goes. if you don’t, the other team gets the ball. When you’re within striking range, you go for the points.

It’s as similar to rugby as Aussie Rules is - not very.

Cricket is play-by-play, ball-by-ball. American Football is play-by-play, down-by down. It’s more of a strategy game than rugby, which took me a while to comprehend. Strategy in rugby is thinking-on-the-fly, taking advantage of second and third phase balls. There’s no such thing in American Football, so it’s more deliberate.

Can’t speak for the scrabbling and wrestling on the floor in underwear though :)
Is that why a NFL game lasts over 3 hours (3 hours and 12 minutes on average, apparently) but the amount of time the ball is actually in play the action lasts for around 12 minutes with the average play being 4 seconds?

NFL Time Out

Though I did get to enjoy baseball when I sussed out what was happening, like foul tips and the difference between a strike and a ball for example.

Is that why a NFL game lasts over 3 hours (3 hours and 12 minutes on average, apparently) but the amount of time the ball is actually in play the action lasts for around 12 minutes with the average play being 4 seconds?

NFL Time Out

Though I did get to enjoy baseball when I sussed out what was happening, like foul tips and the difference between a strike and a ball for example.
Yes. Four 15-minute quarters for NFL and College. When you see any of the refs waving their arms in a “wave off” gesture, it means “stop the clock”. It then restarts on the next play.

High School is 12 minute quarters round here, and only 10 minutes for the Middle schoolers. Still easily 2-2 1/2 hours.

It took me forever to actually enjoy watching it, but now I’m fired up for Sunday. Tennessee Titans at the Kansas City Chiefs. Winner goes to the Super Bowl. We’re definite underdogs, but we’ve beaten New England and Houston to get here, and we were underdogs then too.

Ritch

LE

NFL Time Out

When I went out to near Seattle, my mate put the Seahawks on to let me experience my first game of American Football. I fell asleep within 10 minutes. He tried blaming the jet lag. I blamed being bored to tears.

Latest Threads