America - its all a bit odd...

Just to add a link to the USNI website:

Pearl Hickam shooting

As to the name not being released, not likely to be relating to the ethnicity of the shooter.
Ever since Grenada the services have been very strict about releasing manes until family is notified.
When Grenada happened Time Magazine went to press with a rather gruesome picture of a deceased (IIRC) Naval Aviator on the front cover and the magazine was on newsstands before a Navy CACO could get to the family. The Naval Chief of Information was absolutely livid that this happened. Time went on the CHINFO sh*t list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 24582

True even today. The people who routinely are armed on military installations are the personnel on gate duty and the military police. Joe Snuffy doesn't walk around tooled up unless he is going on exercise. DoD civilians don't pack heat unless their job requires it.
How many are carrying a concealed weapon who could say, Perhaps if there had been some there at FT Hood that day in 2009 when the radicalized Muslim shrink shot up the in processing center,he might not have killed so many innocent soldiers and civilians.

View attachment 435219

Yup you are correct weapons and live ammo are only carried by a select few on a daily basis. Which at times can be a giant PITA.

Used an Issue M4 carbine and ammo, this ones going to be hard to blame on easy access to civilian firearms

Plus as Nuke boat crewman went through a more rigorous FBI background check then done for firearms purchase

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Errrm what the hell

Seems like RF burns but still laughing at it.

I'm sure there have been incidents like this in the past, though they might just be urban myths I desperately want to be true.

endure

GCM
Errrm what the hell

Seems like RF burns but still laughing at it.

I'm sure there have been incidents like this in the past, though they might just be urban myths I desperately want to be true.

It's not the first time it's happened...

There's obviously going to be a lot of questions about this individual being a foreign national, being a part of the Saudi air force and then to be here training on our soil," said the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis.

"Obviously the government of Saudi Arabia needs to make things better for these victims and I think they're going to owe a debt here, given that this was one of their individuals," he added.
Looks like the killer was a foreign national in the Saudi Ar Force undergoing training in a US Navy school. The swabbies must have been dozing if they allowed a student to carry a hand gun in class. Never would have happened in my day at FT Rucker. We had many pilots under instruction from friendly air forces in Columbia, Chile, etc. when I was in but none of them were packing. Must be different rules for Kingdom subjects. I wonder what the King of Saudi Arabia is going to do?

Shooter was an aviation student, originally from Saudi arabia. Possibly terror related?
I saw that reported as well. I wonder if he was a plant or just went off his head with a grievance.

JDART: a Joke that was badly received, therefore Deleted, with an Apology and then Responsive Tweets to move on from the matter.

Now maybe this only applies when foreigners sue US billionaires in LA courts, but the potential is interesting. Every racist, sexist, homophobic, thing you've ever said is OK as long as you say "Sorry I was only joking", preferably in the sort of voice used by a sulky teenager afterwards.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's not the first time it's happened...

I knew there was another incident. I just couldn't remember the details. :-D

endure

GCM
It's on the choob...

And he's a mad as a box of frogs

I saw that reported as well. I wonder if he was a plant or just went off his head with a grievance.

Ah yes, over here we are all too familiar with the lone wolf with mental problems.

Redshift?

'A Florida man got hot and heavy with a Frozen toy, cops said.

'Cody Christopher Meader allegedly had his way with the stuffed snowman Olaf, from the popular Disney film, ejaculating on the doll and sticking it back on the shelf at a Target in St. Petersburg. When he was done, Meader apparently moved on to a large stuffed unicorn and began dry humping it, police said, according to The Smoking Gun.'

Redshift?

'A Florida man got hot and heavy with a Frozen toy, cops said.

'Cody Christopher Meader allegedly had his way with the stuffed snowman Olaf, from the popular Disney film, ejaculating on the doll and sticking it back on the shelf at a Target in St. Petersburg. When he was done, Meader apparently moved on to a large stuffed unicorn and began dry humping it, police said, according to The Smoking Gun.'

Only one thing to say, of course it happened in Florida.

Latest Threads