Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

America - its all a bit odd...

Tucker Carlson interviews a Baltimore city councillor on the current shit state of the city and about the missing $2.3 billion given to improve it over the last 10 years.
The answer? - It’s all down to “400 years of structural racism”.

It’s the 'go to card', a large percentage never leave home without.

The ‘Race’ card.

And that, is unfortunately not confined to the US.

It’s the 'go to card', a large percentage never leave home without.

The ‘Race’ card.

And that, is unfortunately not confined to the US.
I've mentioned this before on here.

I was listening to a discussion on NPR about slavery reparations. One African American academic mentioned that the first slaves in the USA arrived as indentured servants or sent by Cromwell and as they arrived first they should be first in line for reparations.

Cue meltdown by other African Americans and their right on friends in the discussion. Bringing up bullshot like white privilege.
Like your experience as a slave is different due to your colour then.

I knew a young woman in Florida from a very poor white family of which none of her family had ever been to university who didn't get a scholarship to go because an African American kid from a well off professional family got it. That white privilege to go hungry, badly clothed and have insecure housing really sets you up in life. That's positive discrimination for you.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

I've mentioned this before on here.

I was listening to a discussion on NPR about slavery reparations. One African American academic mentioned that the first slaves in the USA arrived as indentured servants or sent by Cromwell and as they arrived first they should be first in line for reparations.

Cue meltdown by other African Americans and their right on friends in the discussion. Bringing up bullshot like white privilege.
Like your experience as a slave is different due to your colour then.

I knew a young woman in Florida from a very poor white family of which none of her family had ever been to university who didn't get a scholarship to go because an African American kid from a well off professional family got it. That white privilege to go hungry, badly clothed and have insecure housing really sets you up in life. That's positive discrimination for you.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

What I don't get, is how are African Americans going to get reparations from those who sold their kin into slavery?

They were African Africans, and all long dead.

Egypt and Rome are seriously fcuked if they succeed, too.

Nope, that was the Norman's. Originally Norse Vikings settled in northern france who'd sworn fealty to the French king Charles III

I know doubt you are correct, but English history dictates that 1066 was the defining moment it all went tits up for England, and its hereditary line of succession. Google Kipling's " Normans and Saxons"

Same as they can't do proper beer, cheese or gravy.

Really? Do you seriously think that you cannot get "proper" beer, cheese or gravy in the US?

From first hand experience over many years, I can tell you that you can.

As Doppler boy says, there are micro-breweries proliferating at a rate of knots here. Hundreds of different brews.
Vermont and Wisconsin have cows as far as the eye can see. Probably more cows in those two states than people. They make a bazillion different kinds of cheese, including mature Cheddar so sharp that it curls your toes. But not Stilton.
For gravy, you just have to ask for "brown gravy".

What we also have, is dogshit cheese, dogshit beer and dogshit white gravy freely available.

One shouldn't confuse "can't do" with "asked for the wrong thing because it's called something else".

Oh, and on the beer sizes.. most places that sell beer on tap will have two sizes of glass. 16fl oz and 22. The 22 is bigger than a UK pint. It just costs a bit more than the 16.