America - its all a bit odd...

endure

GCM
Quite. They've been sold the idea they look cool tottering about with yet another accoutrement to tie up their hands and compromise any attempt to find their bus pass/keys/id card while desperately trying to avoid pouring it on their genitals.

The retarded will rub cat shit into their hair if you can convince them it enhances their street cred.

My Dad used to rub chicken shit on his head in the firm belief that it would make his hair grow back - the bald bastard...

ugly

LE
There's a huge training ground in Alberta and the kit is there and ready to go and this goes on from around April until October with maybe six/seven big exercises so there's a lot of boots on the ground and at the end it's a week off or it was with me. Over the Rockies and into the US for a week at the end of it. It's still going according to Google but I've been out the army since 1986 so I'm a bit out of touch.
There are two huge training areas, Suffield and Wainwright. Suffield is barren so there is nothing for the tw@ts in tanks to ruin, Wainwright has some trees so airportable units go there.

My Dad used to rub chicken shit on his head in the firm belief that it would make his hair grow back - the bald bastard...
Milligan spun quite a good dit about an officer advised by a local fakir to use curry to stem the advance of alopecia. He describes it something like a bald man being a sad sight, but a vain bald man is a hairless Greek tragedy.

Maybe it's an Alaskan thing. Or just Skagway?

In Montana there was the English Sunday Roast dish which was a couple of slices of plain white bread with some very rare roast beef draped over it and then came the gravy. To compliment this was the loose crinkled leaf of lettuce and a slice of a totally tasteless tomato and that was the side salad. English Sunday Toast my arse!!!!!!!

Edited to add: That monstrosity could have been because of all the Brits in Montana. Great Falls was full of them!
Never been to AK or MT, so can't say.

Most Brits think they can do an American accent.
Ha, 9 years and I still don't have one and sound like I have been breathing helium if I try.

Why would you want to though? A Brit accent in the U.S. is a panty dropper!
I know, but no so much at my age now. Though I am nagging Master Effendi to keep his and to stop falling into the trap of putting on an American accent to fit in with his friends. I know his accent will pay him dividends in his later social life..........once he realises his John Thomas is not for stirring the tea with.

Ha, 9 years and I still don't have one and sound like I have been breathing helium if I try.
33 years for me and I don't have a yank accent either.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Naw, that's acquiring one thro' residence. I'm talking about people in UK who have only heard the accent on TV or similar.

Allegedly Brits who stay over go down two distinct paths: either Mid-Atlantic twang or hyper British .

The mythic pantydropping aspect alluded to may have something to do with this.

Naw, that's acquiring one thro' residence. I'm talking about people in UK who have only heard the accent on TV or similar.

Allegedly Brits who stay over go down two distinct paths: either Mid-Atlantic twang or hyper British .

I get asked if I am a Saffer or Ex con colonial.. Either way, the ladies like it.

The Ex Pats here never drop the Brit accent.

The Southern British accent sounds more sophisticated and refined compared to say a Wyoming native, which might melt some female hearts. However it also sounds rather effeminate which also has some drawbacks. It just depends on where one is in the US and what the goal is. If you are here to slay, college girls are the way to go.

I get asked if I am a Saffer or Ex con colonial.. Either way, the ladies like it.
Yeah, but you have a mid-atlantic twang, my kids are the same when twaddling with their mates. You work with Americans all day and your Mrs is American too so it is bound to happen, whereas when we are at home it is Brit accents all around.

I go all Alf Garnett if annoyed and all James Bond when speaking with totty.

As for panty dropping: Twice I have been in shops paying for something and the wife stood not 10 feet away and the young lady's taking my money have more or less extended open invitations. To old for it now, should have come over in my 30's and with some effort I could have re-populated the country single-handedly. A few other times in conversation and I received the signals too, but none of them dropped to their knees on the spot.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Dash it all Offendi , when's the next flight to Billings? :)

Dash it all Offendi , when's the next flight to Billings? :)
Blazer, regimental tie and highly polished shoe's does it every time old man. If the Mrs ever kicks me out I shall bugger off to Palm Beach in Florida and do my best David Niven for all the widow ladies over there.

Blazer, regimental tie and highly polished shoe's does it every time old man. If the Mrs ever kicks me out I shall bugger off to Palm Beach in Florida and do my best David Niven for all the widow ladies over there.
Funny, I'd have imagined it as more Terry Thomas.

Latest Threads