America - its all a bit odd...

Agreed, I read the whole thread over the period of a couple of days when I first saw it. I stopped reading when it was no longer good natured ribbing.
One rational poster attributes it to a broader "coarsening" of social media generally. That is likely part of it but there certainly seems to be a virulent strain that has entered the ARRSE bloodstream.

One rational poster attributes it to a broader "coarsening" of social media generally. That is likely part of it but there certainly seems to be a virulent strain that has entered the ARRSE bloodstream.
They virulent stream were always here. There was a long running thread about the twin towers - really ‘funny’ stuff. I am sure the warrington bombings/hills borough had similar comedic threads...

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
nice day out visiting locations the US have been beaten at.
74B77153-447B-4408-833D-401689A92D41.jpeg

Yeah we do, and we also get the concept of bluffing, lying cnut.
Redshift is actually an Indian drone working in a Mumbai Call Centre? Who knew? :omfg: :nod::pc:

Redshift is actually an Indian drone working in a Mumbai Call Centre? Who knew? :omfg: :nod::pc:
Hello Mister Rookeywocamon sir, my name is Paul; what a jolly good day for cricket? How is the weather in London and can I now interest you in .... '.

Last edited:
Game and Fish just came to our camp site while were away and marked our animals. Did. not see any officers out and about either.
That's OK; their job is to see you, not to let you see them. :p I had a Wisconsin DNR warden pop out at me while I was fishing on the bank of a pond at FT McCoy. Fair startled me. He just wanted to see if I had my license, which of course I did.

Rubbish! Ani fule no biltong is light years better than that jerky stuff.
@Lardbeast funnily enough, for the first time ever, I found surprisingly good jerky as I was coming home stumbling and hungry. Probably one of the best I ever had, never even heard of them before tonight. Was tasty. It was such a random purchase at the Co-Op.

This one to be specific. The snack pack itself didn't cost 22.50...more like 1.89 or something.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
That's OK; their job is to see you, not to let you see them. :p I had a Wisconsin DNR warden pop out at me while I was fishing on the bank of a pond at FT McCoy. Fair startled me. He just wanted to see if I had my license, which of course I did.
They don’t go all out and try to be spec ops commandos like some states. No camo or tac rifles. Just red shirts and a sidearm. They mostly tend to very friendly and personable here, and ruining a stalk would invite a butt chewing and grumbling to higher.

@Lardbeast funnily enough, for the first time ever, I found surprisingly good jerky as I was coming home stumbling and hungry. Probably one of the best I ever had, never even heard of them before tonight. Was tasty. It was such a random purchase at the Co-Op.

This one to be specific. The snack pack itself didn't cost 22.50...more like 1.89 or something.

I find jerky soggy, usually overly sweet/seasoned and faintly artificial. There's a company in the US called Kalahari Biltong making stuff which is pretty close to the real thing but there's still a tinge of the artificial about it. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but they're almost there...

An ex-colleague of mine told me a story that surprised me. when he was still in the USAF, based in Alaska, he used to go out fishing a lot with his Master Sergeant (Or something like that). One day they were out trying and failing to get a good haul and a game warden turned up. Apparently he wasn't massively interested in their permits or what they were catching, but in their gear; particularly he wanted them to show him their firearms. It seems that if you go fishing in the boonies in Alaska, you have to carry a firearm capable of killing an aggressive hungry bear. Also you have to keep your catch a hundred yards or so away from where you are fishing, so that if a bear does turn up it has the opportunity to take your fish without a direct confrontation.

It's a little bit different from angling for Carp in Picmere.

Last edited:
An ex-colleague of mine told me story that surprised me. when he was still in the USAF, based in Alaska, he used to go out fishing a lot with his Master Sergeant (Or something like that). One day they were out trying and failing to get a good haul and a game warden turned up. Apparently he wasn't massively interested in their permits or what they were catching, but in their gear; particularly he wanted them to show him their firearms. It seems that if you go fishing in the boonies in Alaska, you have to carry a firearm capable of killing an aggressive hungry bear. Also you have to keep your catch a hundred yards or so away from where you are fishing, so that if a bear does turn up it has the opportunity to take your fish without a direct confrontation.

It's a little bit different from angling for Carp in Picmere.

Nah it's not true. The bears up in Alaska are really friendly.

ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 12 10.22.gif

@LJONESY

Oi, Jonesy, what did you do to get smitten with the smite hammer?

Who smitted you?

I’m not surprised at some of the Friday night drunken twats getting a good smiting but it seems out of character for you.

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
@LJONESY

Oi, Jonesy, what did you do to get smitten with the smite hammer?

Who smitted you?

I’m not surprised at some of the Friday night drunken twats getting a good smiting but it seems out of character for you.
I am profane, and angered an island. So I earned the red badge until normal jogging resumes!

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Not wearing a MAGA hat... the pair of traitors. Sell Alaska back to the Russians.
I'm a traitor as well, never owned and never will own a MAGA hat. In fact all and any hats I own are logo free. Fcuked if I'll be a walking free advertisement for any company.

Latest Threads