America - its all a bit odd...

The only time I carry a sidearm is when I go up further into the mountains, we have critters here with big teeth and sharp claws, they concern me more than the two legged animal scum that walk the city streets.
That I understand, the same way that if I'm off bimbling in darkest Wales I've usually got a Leatherman and a Mora with me, just in case.

I don't carry them on the way to the pub.

Same response to both of you, I'm glad to live in a country where I do not need to carry a firearm because I am worried about being attacked.

I've wandered around several UK city centres while so drunk I could barely stand and I felt threatened once. Hanging back and letting the relevant bloke cross the road fixed that problem.

What you do in your country in your business but, in the context of this thread, strapping on a six shooter to mow the lawn seems a bit odd.
...and if the average incident lasts 3 seconds, you'd have to be very quick to pull out your weapon, (fnaar fnaar), aim and shoot. Thus whether you are armed or not, or have a copper at your elbow, all seems to be rather a moot point.

...and if the average incident lasts 3 seconds, you'd have to be very quick to pull out your weapon, (fnaar fnaar), aim and shoot. Thus whether you are armed or not, or have a copper at your elbow, all seems to be rather a moot point.
That's where the situational awareness comes into play, observe and avoid.

And all those handy m16/m4 drawings were "accidentally " released to industry.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Not even, the TDP was taken back by the Army

Neither do Americans.
This is one of those situations that Stacker loves because one side will argue will argue one thing and the other will argue something else based on a minor technicality. I was using the pub as a UK-centric example.

Just generally speaking, do Americans tend to carry loaded firearms to the pub / bar / supermarket / school / baseball game / football field / any other crowded or public place?

Last edited:

endure

GCM
Remember a few things, guns are not taboo here. Many of you get rather squeamish, which I try to understand and not go full nut. But those that don’t tend to own firearms out here or engage in discussion are either Liberals or Felons.

We don't get squeamish we just don't feel the need to carry guns around here. I understand guns as a hobby or as a tool for policeman etc. but I don't understand the need to carry one round just in case.

Have you ever had to draw/use/point your gun at another person?

Same response to both of you, I'm glad to live in a country where I do not need to carry a firearm because I am worried about being attacked.

I've wandered around several UK city centres while so drunk I could barely stand and I felt threatened once. Hanging back and letting the relevant bloke cross the road fixed that problem.

What you do in your country is your business but, in the context of this thread, strapping on a six shooter to mow the lawn seems a bit odd.
I suppose that is why you are there and we are here. I congratulatee yyou on your restraint in allowing us to be different without the too often frenzied and rather pressumptuous "suggestions" on how we should live.

If I had limp wrists I would agree as well.

But the .45 acp does have a place in the inventory. As the round is particularly versatile in the ability to deal with things that walk on two legs and some that walk on four. Where the 9mm is not going to excel.

But 1911’s come in many varieties from the el cheapos to the more custom high end variety. They are a bit more complex to maintain compared to the Sigs or Glocks, but nothing the average bear can’t deal with.
No doubt you have difficulty aiming with your weak wrists and flinch when you shoot, requiring the larger round in the hope you may hit something. Those of us who train have no such problem with round placement and are able to accurately use our equipment, no matter the calibre.

Have you seen someone about this wishful displacement behaviour you exhibit?

I was using the pub as a UK-centric example.
And I was saying that you can't carry a sidearm in a pub or if you have been drinking, that's jail time and loss of permit.

Just generally speaking, do Americans carry loaded firearms to the pub / bar / supermarket / school / baseball game / football field / any other crowded or public place?
There are quite a few places where carrying is not allowed and it does depend on State law. Sporting arena's, bars, schools, (unless dropping off or picking up kids) Federal Buildings such as Post Offices, most banks, State buildings, places that serve alcohol such restaurants cinemas etc. Also shops/supermarkets can choose whether to allow concealed carry on their property.

There is quite a long list but I think you get the idea.

Okay will be back later, I have to attend a wedding this afternoon that I really, really don't want to go to and SWIMBO is now finally ready to depart.

And I was saying that you can't carry a sidearm in a pub or if you have been drinking, that's jail time and loss of permit.

There are quite a few places where carrying is not allowed and it does depend on State law. Sporting arena's, bars, schools, (unless dropping off or picking up kids) Federal Buildings such as Post Offices, most banks, State buildings, places that serve alcohol such restaurants cinemas etc. Also shops/supermarkets can choose whether to allow concealed carry on their property.

Okay will be back later, I have to attend a wedding this afternoon that I really, really don't want to go to and SWIMBO is now finally ready to depart.
This is the thing, I genuinely don't know about this stuff because it varies by state and we only hear about California or Texas.

Enjoy the free bar :)

endure

GCM

Are you taking some guns with you? :mrgreen:

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
We don't get squeamish we just don't feel the need to carry guns around here. I understand guns as a hobby or as a tool for policeman etc. but I don't understand the need to carry one round just in case.

Have you ever had to draw/use/point your gun at another person?
Yes.

Latest Threads