America - its all a bit odd...

I've seen AR variants on offer for a tad over $400.
IIRC my parts built one ran just over $900 a few years back but it's rather more than run of the mill.
It's bad when an ak parts kit, barrel and receiver cost more than a half decent ar15.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Colt had a former Marine officer as CEO who then proceeded to load up the company with former officers as managers. Officers may be great leaders in combat but not so much as Managers of a for profit business

Add to that Colt lost M16/M4 contracts in 1988, 2013, 2018 and lost the TDP for the M16/M4

How Colt Lost Its Big Contract To Sell the US Army Rifles

Colt, FN split $177 million Army M4 contract awards - Guns.com
FN Lands Army M4 Contract, Underbids Colt, Remington
Army Drops Colt as M16 Rifle Maker
And all those handy m16/m4 drawings were "accidentally " released to industry.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

U missed an e of "therefor".View attachment 418185
You've missed quite a few letters including an "f" off of off.

I can, however, understand how you may have blundered into the trap laid for CS and misread that trickily constructed sentence.

I will say that you should notice the lack of comma (not an Oxford comma) indicating that the sentence would be comprised of two parts that could otherwise stand independently but is otherwise joined by a conjunctive adverb such as the expected "therefore," which it is not. In this instance "therefor" means "for that", referring to Mr. Johnson's mild reward and Oxford lazy tendencies.

What makes you think that apple pie is American? The first recorded recipe for apple pie was written in England in 1381, I never quite understood how Americans think something is "as American as Apple Pie"
I think it should be “as American as apple pie AND CHEESE”.

I had an American girlfriend once who put cheese on apple pie. I thought this was an appalling solecism but she got me bang to rights by saying “well you eat apples with cheese”. Errh, ummm, well yeah, but that’s Cheddar and Cheshire not squares of processed dairy by-product with emulsifiers.

She told me:
“An apple pie
Without the cheese
Is like a kiss
Without the squeeze”

Appalling Philistinism (but I let her off coz she had big tits).

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'd have thought Spotted Dick would be rather more the quintessential Americanism .

See now you don't even know how to eat it properly you peasant. Custard is is the proper accompaniment for apple pie. Apple pie is about as American as Redshift.
Only in San Francisco.

The only acceptable toppings on apple pie are sharp cheddar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Blame the totalitarian UN and its Small Arms Treaty.

Shouldn’t you be in Australia by now?
When you lived in a whole bunch of different countries and people at IMMI (OZ) examining everything in your past since 16 from police certificates to FBI statements, things I guess takes a bit of time and gets delayed - not on my plate. Still, enjoying the last of my Indian summer here in London.

When you lived in a whole bunch of different countries and people at IMMI (OZ) examining everything in your past since 16 from police certificates to FBI statements, things I guess take a bit of time and get delayed - not on my plate. Still, enjoying the last of my Indian summer here in London.
Indian summer? That’s kinda racist.......