America - its all a bit odd...

the UK is known to honour and has honoured the treaties it makes and made.
Apart from Maastricht and Lisbon which are being ripped up and thrown out of the window in real time.

And the small matter of the dozens of treaties with he individual Princes and states in India that helped keep the peace, but Attlee just threw out of the window in 1947.

Oh and the Trucial States' treaties, revoked by the UK in 1971.

Apart from Maastricht and Lisbon which are being ripped up and thrown out of the window in real time.

And the small matter of the dozens of treaties with he individual Princes and states in India that helped keep the peace, but Attlee just threw out of the window in 1947.

Oh and the Trucial States' treaties, revoked by the UK in 1971.
It's just convenient to ignore bygone stuff..

What you write is not always true and yet again you are attempting to portray incorrect information. I would suggest you actually do some research before quoting on here as you are obviously not an expert nor even a person who bothers to obtain the correct information.
It seems to me far more likely that you are anti-gun regardless of your previous posts.
It's not a matter of being pro or anti gun. It's contrasting an unarmed culture (the UK) with an armed culture (US). I owned and shot firearms as a sport and hobby and carried and used them as a crown servant. It's the civillian defence use I'm contrasting.

It's a complex matter, and I'm no social scientist. In a social media post it's not possible to present all the dry statistics behind it. I'm just highlighting a contrarian point of view, but the occaisional typo notwithstanding, I've not made anything up or used anything that has not been postulated by an expert or governmental source. And yes, there are indeed only about 1,500 Grizzly bears in the US. The majority in North America actually live in Canada. The numbers can only be approximate, as the bears tend not to use border crossings. For the rest I've largely used US Federal statistics from the Centre for Disease Control's reports.

Getting a little heated in here chaps.

index.jpg

Indeed so.

Those of us who figuratively straddle the Atlantic seem a lot more rounded in their worldly views, it seems to me.
I joined the Army at 17 years old, lucky enough to spend little time in UK postings over my twelve year service. Lived in the US for 33 years now so basically spent more time here than in the UK.

If folks abroad don't like the US for whatever reasons then crack on, it doesn't and won't affect my happiness now or in the future.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
What a pile of agenda-driven shite.

If Britain's war objectives were to push the US back to their side of the border, WTF were they doing in Washington and Baltimore? And indeed ultimately being driven back to their side of the border.

Granted the US kicked it off and ended up not achieving its aims, but what exactly did the British gain, in order to claim it as a victory? I would suggest fcuk all, as did Wellington, of all people. Peace was in everyone's interests, and they reached that peace in Ghent.

Your underlying Anti-American sentiment seems to come out in just about every post you make that concerns the USA. Did an American mug you for your lunch money as a kid or something?
But he's right. You got a shoeing, hell even a girl sold you out (Laura Secord). Plus the natives even kicked your arse.

So to re-cap. You lost, we won and we all got to wear a 1812 pin on our uniform to prove it.

Hahahahaha you lost.

hell even a girl sold you out (Laura Secord)
Aye I knew that, but c'mon sticking her coupon on a bar of chocolate, WTF! Could have at least stuck the lass on a twenty dollar bill or something.

These days apparently "Among most Canadians, the name Laura Secord is more strongly associated with the chocolate company than with the historical figure". Poor lassie saves the day and that's how she's remembered

So fast forward from the 19th century to today and how do things stand in terms of relative combat power? ;-)

So fast forward from the 19th century to today and how do things stand in terms of relative combat power? ;-)
I gave you a funny because I just knew someone would bring that up. Didn't think it would be you though.

Last edited:
One strange outcome of America’s oddness is a US national seemingly sad and concerned that we hung a traitorous Nazi some seventy years ago. And expressing it on a quasi-military British website.

And carrying the butthurt of several hundred years ago.

Maybe he was dry bummed by some nasty Booties on an exchange visit to San Diego.
Not sad

just pointing out you lot hanged a man you knew you had no legal right to hang. But then this would be the same British Empire which executed Indians for not wanting to be house slaves, and Irish for wanting freedom and gave Red Indians Smallpox blankets. You seem obsessed with getting assphucked by Bootnecks? I can't tell if you're jealous of such an alleged encounter or volunteering to be the bottom in one while moaning papa ted papa ted.

Actually an interesting case. Technically a lie invalidates the application. However if he couldn’t renounce his US citizenship and his country was at war with Germany he would have been at odds with the US anyway, so the outcome wouldn’t have changed.
Well yes it would even the US didnt hang people like Axis Sally and Tokyo Rose, or my neighbor who though born in the USA was in the LW during the war

I gave you a funny because I was just knew someone would bring that up. Didn't think it would be you though.
Just a guess but it may explain some of the degree of anti-US animus apparent in some posts in this and some other threads. ;-)

Just a guess but it may explain some of the degree of anti-US animus apparent in some posts in this and some other threads.
Ah hell, water off a ducks back mate, just living the life here buddy.

Mike Barton

War Hero
Actually an interesting case. Technically a lie invalidates the application. However if he couldn’t renounce his US citizenship and his country was at war with Germany he would have been at odds with the US anyway, so the outcome wouldn’t have changed.
I recall a favourite tale my Grandad (a no-nonsense Ulsterman) would tell of a visit to a posh home in South Dublin in 1947.

The dinner party conversation was going smoothly and he managed not to slurp the soup when he was asked by a lady beside him "What do you think of Joyce?"

"Ah, the Brits were right to hang the bastard", he announced to the table, assuming she was referring to William Joyce (Lord Haw-Haw) rather than James Joyce.

Conversation for the rest of the evening was a bit stilted apparently.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Goatman Charities and Welfare 0
Mr_C_Hinecap US 11
POGscribbler The NAAFI Bar 156

Latest Threads