America - its all a bit odd...

View attachment 400610

This is the Rhino Burger at the Longbranch...
IT is epic...and it beats the pants off the girly London Burgers.

There’s A Small Town In Wyoming Known For Its Truly Epic Burgers
Don't know what the spec of the pic is, but it certainly looks bloody delish, if not huge - like I said don't know what the angle is - but for me, it's the right size. Some of the burgers you do get here in "gourmet" restaurants are f-ing massive - too hard to actually get into your mouth!

Don't know what the spec of the pic is, but it certainly looks bloody delish, if not huge - like I said don't know what the angle is - but for me, it's the right size. Some of the burgers you do get here in "gourmet" restaurants are f-ing massive - too hard to actually get into your mouth!
It is huge, really two/three meals in one. Enough calories to feel your heart attack coming. But you do get a great burger. It is farm country though, so a splendid lack of sophistication adds to the satisfaction!

And there's another little oddity, population and elevation.

What happens when someone leaves or arrives? Is there some sort of NHW guy with a tin of paint who legs it out to change the number when Mrs Gonzales takes a long holiday in Florida and you aren't sure if she's staying?

Apart from Shap Summit on the A6 (& M6) I cant say I've noticed any particular need to tell folk how high above sea level they are over here, maybe at the café at the top of Snowden?

What happens when someone leaves or arrives? Is there some sort of NHW guy with a tin of paint who legs it out to change the number when Mrs Gonzales takes a long holiday in Florida and you aren't sure if she's staying?

Apart from Shap Summit on the A6 (& M6) I cant say I've noticed any particular need to tell folk how high above sea level they are over here, maybe at the café at the top of Snowden?
Slochd Summit up by Inverness has a sign by both the A9 and the railway line. I know about the former because I cycled up that bastard hill one sunny day in my idiotic youthful phase. Still, I did come down the other side at about forty miles per hour or so...

So the weak realize they are not at sea level anymore!!

Nothing is more entertaining then watching tourists go from an oxygen rich environment to say 6200 feet or higher.