America - its all a bit odd...

ZAR isn't worth much these days. That's about USD 5-00 for around five feet of sausage as thick as a 35mm hose.

The Cat among the pigeons:
I was at Arlington military cemetery in Washington last September and watched a few of the splendid ceremonies that take place there. While spectating, I felt there was something strange about the leg movements of US ceremonial marching troops. I watched for a while and then noticed that while on the march the foot hits the ground with the toes pointing directly forward and not at an angle of 45 degrees, as it is for all European military. This gives the impression of 'mincing along' and not a soldierly march, it also causes the shoulders to hunch forward and creates a hunched back marcher.
Any comments on this, and are there any Grenadiers prepared to go out there and to put the matter to right!
Please look on Youtube for good examples of the point that I make.

Edited for sp

Last edited:
The Cat among the pigeons:
I was at Arlington military cemetery in Washington last September and watched a few of the splendid ceremonies that take place their. While spectating, I felt there was something strange about the leg movements of US ceremonial marching troops. I watched for a while and then noticed that while on the march the foot hits the ground with the toes pointing directly forward and not at an angle of 45 degrees, as it is for all European military. This gives the impression of 'mincing along' and not a soldierly march, it also causes the shoulders to hunch forward and creates a hunched back marcher.
Any comments on this, and are there any Grenadiers prepared to go out there and to put the matter to right!
Please look on Youtube for good examples of the point that I make.
From last time I was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a truck driver manage to spill a combine and shut down I-25 Northbound!!! Oh talk about a bad day....this driver is absolutely screwed. The Mess Webley will be looking like a great option for this bloke!

Multiple news sources are quoting official US government sources as calling LNG exports as "freedom gas" and that they are spreading "molecules of US freedom" to the world.
US energy official rebrands fossil fuels 'freedom gas'
"Increasing export capacity from the Freeport LNG project is critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world by giving America's allies a diverse and affordable source of clean energy," Mark Menezes, the US undersecretary of energy, said.
The US Department of Energy said the expansion of a Texas facility meant more "molecules of US freedom" could be produced and exported worldwide.
Needless to say the US are now the target of much mockery from abroad over this, not just for the pomposity and fatuousness of it, but also as it reminds everyone once again of the "freedom fries" edict there a while ago.

The general context of the story is as part of an announcement by the US Department of Energy of the expansion of an LNG export facility.

Multiple news sources are quoting official US government sources as calling LNG exports as "freedom gas" and that they are spreading "molecules of US freedom" to the world.
US energy official rebrands fossil fuels 'freedom gas'

Needless to say the US are now the target of much mockery from abroad over this, not just for the pomposity and fatuousness of it, but also as it reminds everyone once again of the "freedom fries" edict there a while ago.

The general context of the story is as part of an announcement by the US Department of Energy of the expansion of an LNG export facility.

The sad thing is that a lot of them believe it.

ugly

LE
There are some poor countries which have very little GDP yet the people are very happy. Anyway back on topic, my post does seem ignorant but you can’t deny that America cannot be called the greatest country in the world at the moment and that there is a large percentage of the population who aren’t clued up on the world. As my American uncle said world news is very rarely shown on US news compared to European news stations
Botswana

ugly

LE
The thing to remember about PR is that it will never give up the US Dollar and is run by two families of nepotistic crooks that make Cuban Gangsters from the 1950's look like a convent outing. Al Capone and the Columbians would learn from these two families!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 29
Mr_C_Hinecap US 11
POGscribbler The NAAFI Bar 78