America - its all a bit odd...

North Carolina and South Carolina have some pretty good old boy shit going on. I am rather leery about interaction with some of their LE types.
A couple of years ago, I got a speeding ticket in East Bumblefcuk, North Carolina. Fair do's, 80 in a 70. Within a couple days, I got mail from lawyers in E Bumblefuck saying they could get the charge reduced or dismissed. I thought "what do I have to lose by calling them", and did so.

Turns out that in NC, they have a legal procedure called "Prayer for Judgment Continued". Essentially, you cough the job, but the Judge doesn't actually record the judgement for 3 years and a day. Apparently the judgement needs to be entered before 3 years. So three years and a day, it goes away; there is no record of the offense, no points, nothing. In the lawyers words "You pay me $150, the court costs of $200 and the fine of $20. I get my money, the court gets theirs and so does the state. You don't get a record, your insurance doesn't go up, and it's cost you $150 over what you would have had to pay anyway".

Old boy shit indeed. The judges and lawyers are colluding to defraud the insurance companies while lining their own pockets, and it's all above board and legal.

No wonder there's state troopers all over their interstates like a rash.

A couple of years ago, I got a speeding ticket in East Bumblefcuk, North Carolina. Fair do's, 80 in a 70. Within a couple days, I got mail from lawyers in E Bumblefuck saying they could get the charge reduced or dismissed. I thought "what do I have to lose by calling them", and did so.

Turns out that in NC, they have a legal procedure called "Prayer for Judgment Continued". Essentially, you cough the job, but the Judge doesn't actually record the judgement for 3 years and a day. Apparently the judgement needs to be entered before 3 years. So three years and a day, it goes away; there is no record of the offense, no points, nothing. In the lawyers words "You pay me $150, the court costs of $200 and the fine of $20. I get my money, the court gets theirs and so does the state. You don't get a record, your insurance doesn't go up, and it's cost you $150 over what you would have had to pay anyway".

Old boy shit indeed. The judges and lawyers are colluding to defraud the insurance companies while lining their own pockets, and it's all above board and legal.

No wonder there's state troopers all over their interstates like a rash.
Oh they do some weird shit up in that state. It was the first time I was introduced to Road Checkpoints, which are illegal in Wyoming. Being questioned as to why we were in the great state of Tar Heel land, for about 10 minutes. But hey being from the interior Hickland has some perks. My BIL managed to get arrested for a DUI, only to have the trooper coach him on the Breathalyzer test and what I would assume lead to an inaccurate recording of the BAC for legal purposes. Which would be a big No Go here.

Followed by going rabbit hunting in a place where the average income was about 30K. Only to notice that the LE types were in houses that were well north of 400K....:-?

1552927183337.png

But this guy was the Sheriff of the wife's home county... It would be priceless were it not so scary.
The in laws to this day never have been able to figure out why I never wanted to take a job in LE out that way.

He jailed inmates in pink cells. Now the controversial NC sheriff wants his job back.

Oh they do some weird shit up in that state. It was the first time I was introduced to Road Checkpoints, which are illegal in Wyoming. Being questioned as to why we were in the great state of Tar Heel land, for about 10 minutes. But hey being from the interior Hickland has some perks. My BIL managed to get arrested for a DUI, only to have the trooper coach him on the Breathalyzer test and what I would assume lead to an inaccurate recording of the BAC for legal purposes. Which would be a big No Go here.

Followed by going rabbit hunting in a place where the average income was about 30K. Only to notice that the LE types were in houses that were well north of 400K....:-?

View attachment 383073

But this guy was the Sheriff of the wife's home county... It would be priceless were it not so scary.
The in laws to this day never have been able to figure out why I never wanted to take a job in LE out that way.

He jailed inmates in pink cells. Now the controversial NC sheriff wants his job back.
The ex-wife was from NC and some of the stories she told of corrupt LE was scary, along with tales of the Klan. He three brothers were in the clan, I nearly pissed myself laughing when a distant cousin found out that when her mother's family lived in SC they were black but moved to NC and became white. I made sure all her hometown friends knew.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

View attachment 383073

WTF is it with those toilet seat covers?

I really can't fathom, how f did she do that??!!
Curl up with your cuffed hands in front of your buttocks & your knees tucked into your chest, then ease your cuffed hands under your feet.
Loud crap music, so tun your sound down:
Or take them over your head:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
My brother, has lived in California since he left the Army (Royal Artillery)
Now single after his umpteenth wife died, tells me that even at 60 the accent is enough to stip even the most church going wench of her knickers in double quick time. Says he is never going to get remarried as he’s having far to much fun.
Hmmm...when is the next flight to Santa Barbara ? :)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Durn tootin'. Why waste one's time worrying about something that may or may not happen (& that I can't affect in any way either) ? In any event, I live by design close enough to a target of a Russian MIRV that I'll be nothing but a shadow of myself after it falls. Varsity football is another matter entirely- this is IMPORTANT PEOPLE!

View attachment 380466
I've been to both bomb sites in Japan Ruck - I think that one on the left was on a water tower in Nagasaki...... they also had shots of granite headstones in the (Christian) cemetery there which had been hit by the light wave from the bomb.... Getting a bit weird lately, I keep seeing stuff relating to Instant Sunshine everywhere.

We had our own horror-docudrama in the 80's - Threads

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Jobs (Discussion) 79
Mr_C_Hinecap US 11
POGscribbler The NAAFI Bar 78