America - its all a bit odd...

For some strange reason, the big three Nbc/Abc/Cbs all have evening news that can be picked up here, but Fox doesn’t. Only Fox available is the 10 pm local broadcasts which would be great if I gave a shit about never ending house fires in Cheektawaga and Tonawanda, or some b on b killings in Detroit......
I haven't watched American TV news in a very long time, but every one seemed to start off with a story about a murder or house fire in North Tonawanda. I had never heard of North Tonawanda outside of those TV news shows, but going by what they said the place seemed to sound like a cross between the Battle of the Somme and the bombing of Dresden.

I get my news these days via RSS feed, and having used it for a few years now I can't imagine wanting to do it any other way. Pick at least two different news sources so you get different opinions, use the feed reader to pick out the stories you are interested in by glancing over the headlines and summary, and then sit back and read the stories in your web browser. There's often video content attached to the stories so you get some of that if it interests you. You get to read the stuff that interests you rather than whatever stuff someone else thinks you ought to have. I can't recommend this approach highly enough.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) -- A 19-year-old woman whose hands were cuffed behind her back when she committed suicide during a traffic stop in Chesapeake died of a gunshot wound through the mouth, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Sarah Wilson committed suicide on July 25, 2018, during a traffic stop near the intersection of Berkley Avenue and Wilson Road, according to the Chesapeake Police Department.

She was the passenger of a 1996 Lexus driven by her boyfriend, 27-year-old Holden Medlin. The couple were under the surveillance of two CPD officers -- one assigned to uniform patrol, and the other to vice narcotics -- when they were stopped around 4:24 p.m.

During the stop, the officers approached Wilson and Medlin separately. While one officer handcuffed Wilson with her hands behind her back, the other tried to detain Medlin, CPD Officer Leo Kosinski told WAVY in August.

Medlin resisted arrest, becoming combative and trying to flee the scene. That's when the officer who handcuffed Wilson left her outside of the car's passenger side and went to assist in Medlin's arrest, which involved using a Taser to subdue him, according to police.

Kosinski said in August that Wilson was handcuffed with her arms behind her back when she got the gun out of the Lexus, "contorted" her body and shot herself in the head.

On Thursday, the OCME of Tidewater confirmed to WAVY that Wilson did commit suicide, and that she died from an "intra-oral gunshot wound."

The CPD launched an internal investigation into Wilson's suicide in July. Kosinski confirmed that the department has since concluded that investigation, but declined to comment on its outcome.

Medlin was arrested in connection to the traffic stop after he swallowed a "golf-ball" sized-bag with an unknown substance in it. Police searched the car and found 11 oxycodone, a syringe, drug paraphernalia, a rifle, and several boxes of ammunition, according to court documents.

He was charged with possession of oxycodone, possession of suboxone, possession of paraphernalia, possession of a firearm with a schedule I or II drug, fleeing from a law enforcement officer, and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Those charges were certified to a grand jury on Tuesday.

Woman shot herself through mouth while handcuffed during traffic-stop suicide, officials say

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) -- A 19-year-old woman whose hands were cuffed behind her back when she committed suicide during a traffic stop in Chesapeake died of a gunshot wound through the mouth, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Sarah Wilson committed suicide on July 25, 2018, during a traffic stop near the intersection of Berkley Avenue and Wilson Road, according to the Chesapeake Police Department.

She was the passenger of a 1996 Lexus driven by her boyfriend, 27-year-old Holden Medlin. The couple were under the surveillance of two CPD officers -- one assigned to uniform patrol, and the other to vice narcotics -- when they were stopped around 4:24 p.m.

During the stop, the officers approached Wilson and Medlin separately. While one officer handcuffed Wilson with her hands behind her back, the other tried to detain Medlin, CPD Officer Leo Kosinski told WAVY in August.

Medlin resisted arrest, becoming combative and trying to flee the scene. That's when the officer who handcuffed Wilson left her outside of the car's passenger side and went to assist in Medlin's arrest, which involved using a Taser to subdue him, according to police.

Kosinski said in August that Wilson was handcuffed with her arms behind her back when she got the gun out of the Lexus, "contorted" her body and shot herself in the head.

On Thursday, the OCME of Tidewater confirmed to WAVY that Wilson did commit suicide, and that she died from an "intra-oral gunshot wound."

The CPD launched an internal investigation into Wilson's suicide in July. Kosinski confirmed that the department has since concluded that investigation, but declined to comment on its outcome.

Medlin was arrested in connection to the traffic stop after he swallowed a "golf-ball" sized-bag with an unknown substance in it. Police searched the car and found 11 oxycodone, a syringe, drug paraphernalia, a rifle, and several boxes of ammunition, according to court documents.

He was charged with possession of oxycodone, possession of suboxone, possession of paraphernalia, possession of a firearm with a schedule I or II drug, fleeing from a law enforcement officer, and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Woman shot herself through mouth while handcuffed during traffic-stop suicide, officials say
Good girl, she deserves an A+ for determination and effort, nice to see some people still take pride in their stupidity......

They forgot to get her to confess to their entire backlog of unsolved crimes before she committed suicide. Amateurs. :policeflat: :policecap: :police:

They forgot to get her to confess to their entire backlog of unsolved crimes before she committed suicide. Amateurs. :policeflat: :policecap: :police:
Oops. My bad. :mrgreen:

I really can't fathom, how f did she do that??!!

Good girl, she deserves an A+ for determination and effort, nice to see some people still take pride in their stupidity......
Oh come on. If she put in an effort she would have hung herself with her hands handcuffed behind her back.

I really can't fathom, how f did she do that??!!
With some difficulty I imagine.

Meanwhile does anyone have contact details for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of Tidewater. I have a bridge for sale that he may be interested in buying.

They are drawing a parallel between proposed legislation about ejaculation and legislation that proposes to ban abortions 6 weeks after conception. They're not serious about it. It's a publicity stunt to draw attention to the anti-abortion legislation.

And it looks like they're successful, as they have you talking about it.
The side effect of rubber stamping democrats as screaming moonhowlers seems to have eluded them.

Not wrong there. Applies to all pollies though, not just los Yanquis. That bubble is such a lovely fluffy thing.